Jack Monroe #350 Can you crochet a web of lies?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is a load of bull -she can easily break it (unless if she has been stupid enough to sign one with no change of circumstances break clause in it) by triggering the break clause or negotiating with the landlord to surrender the lease. It's basic - it's so basic it's even on the Shelter website.... mind you can you imagine being her landlord - not only a nightmare but a deep clean afterwards.... she's only liable if she moves out without speaking to the landlord. Unlike my last tenant who just decided they were not paying rent with their drug selling income....

• Sad
Reactions: 36
The highest council tax per year in Southend is £3,300 ish
She must be paying full rate for a top band property. Jack, get a single person discount you twonk.

• Haha
Reactions: 66
Why is she buying an oven every month? I've had mine for years.
I've got my mum's 1950s new world - works perfectly.... if she's having to get a new cooker every month there's something wrong with her internal wiring (pun intended)

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If Jack tries anything newsworthy to try to cat litter over this, it’ll simply attract more attention to the Molly receipts and open more eyes to how manipulative she is.
My money’s on some ‘soft, gentle crafting’ type tit like freezing moisturiser to make a lolly or something.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
On the fixed term contract, a couple of things.

a) once you've completed a 6 or 12 month contract (depending), you more or less are guaranteed the opportunity to rent on a rolling contract, usually with a few months notice in advance of moving. Given the LJC LEFT what, over a year ago, there is absolutely no reason why JM couldn't have exited the contract. Additionally, when a tenant moves out, an affordability check is run on the existing tenant to check whether they have the disposable income to be able to afford the rent. If a tenant is discovered to have bad credit (as JM implies endlessly) the general consensus is that the tenant may have to pay the next x amount of months upfront. The affordability check will also determine whether the tenant, with all income coming in versus outgoings, has a certain percentage to live off. No respectable landlord or estate agency will take on a tenant that will only pass an affordability check by the smallest of margins because it presents a financial risk. Given that LJC is a shrewd person, I highly doubt that the crappy bungalow was rented off a charlatan (lol) and instead a reputable agency/landlord who would be ensuring that the financial integrity of the property is in tact.

b) it's actually bullshit that you can't exit a fixed term contract. Me and my ex signed up to another 12 month contract last summer and had split by the autumn. Neither of us were prepared to stay in the property (me for location, him financially couldn't afford it) and the absolutely bog standard normal estate agency allowed us to serve our notice, so long as we paid up front for the re-advertising fee (plus I think a get out clause fee).

Given that LJC left over a year ago, there is zero excuse as to why JM is still purporting that she is stuck in the crappy bungalow.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.