Jack Monroe #344 344%

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t have books because I RENT and can’t be arsed with moving the clutter every couple of years. Also, there’s this crazy concept called a library where I can take out books and return them. Woah. It’s amazing the things you learn when you have a proper degree and not a pretend one that a university gave to you as a PR stunt.
Her performative book pile makes me want to puke. She hasn’t cracked the spine on a single one of them.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
5F33BED9-AD74-4BB1-A1C5-A2428F52E1C5.jpeg

But what about if they’ve got piles upon piles of (absolute bangers of) books which demonstrably by their untouched spines and uncreased covers have never ever been opened. What then, Jack? duck ‘em and then chuck ‘em I guess? Oh, wait…

ETA @Limey Jinx!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
When is Jack going on her tour of Britain's most deprived Asdas? I'll even forgive her for the poetry if she makes a vlog about it.
Don't make her stop off at the South Bank store on the way to Redcar, they'll eat her alive.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
B69EC874-B133-4FC6-8DA9-222077C88A7E.jpeg

I’ve got a book for you, Jack. Now for the love of all that is holy please bring back Tits N’ Plaits Jack and throw that poetry anthology deep into the skip.
7A102883-BF2D-4176-A1D3-8753E436F90B.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 72
Oh please write some more poetry Jack. Oh please oh please. Let me PayPal you some money for some Moleskin notebooks that cost a week’s shopping money so you can be inspired.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Ah yes, that delicious world of ephemeral poetry. It's a well known fact that poems have a shelf-life of about twenty minutes and they are famously never purposefully written down for posterity to be enjoyed and studied. For duck's saaaaaaaaaaaaaake.

• Haha
Reactions: 61
SmartSelect_20220723-232515_Chrome.jpg

When Daddy won't buy you a lilac Mercedes and you get driven to school in his expensive transit van instead of the blue range rover x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Can’t wait for Inspector Calls Jack or maybe Of Mice and Men. Cooper has big Lenny vibes.
The " twist" in An Inspector Calls will be too confusing for our Jack. Am slightly dreading the furious indignation of my eldest when he starts GCSEs. He sat on my knee and sobbed at Animal Farm, though he is a good 4 inches taller

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
B578ED01-FBC9-434F-B3FC-10087782C119.jpeg

D947CCE3-F484-4758-846F-13D2736DBEC3.jpeg

716EA349-EE67-44C3-9E49-26765C3FDF28.jpeg

81E5EBD8-FA50-490F-821A-AB04A47582B0.jpeg

There are more replies to squigs, but these are ones that irritated me the most, and made me feel bad for Scottish fraus when she mentioned Burns.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.