Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry this is OT, but I didn't have time to post before the previous thread was locked.

To @DisgruntledGoat who loves stories of petty grudges - have you heard about the Spite House in Boston? It's actually gorgeous inside & out and I would totally live there, but the term 'spite house' never fails to crack me up.

''The legend is that two brothers shared land but one built on more than his share, so the other built a skinny house to block access and views.''

View attachment 1432026

Pssst, no one tell Jack about this! She'd probably try to build one next to Borbora's house. Crowdfunded Spite House is 100% Jack's niche.
I wonder if the Spite House also has a spite orangery attached.

(Grunking again).

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It's that Carole Tonkinson, she's evil.

ETA: @StatusWoe beat me to the punch becuase she LITERALLY WANTS ME STOP BREATHING. IT'S SOOOO UNFAIR.
Given that Jack likes to do everything in threes, in addition to being her publisher and therapist maybe evil Carole T is also her accountant. Fingers crossed. :D

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Aw no I'd never want that. Here, have some unappealing veg sticks and stretchy hummus as a reconciliation gift.

I also found a GIF of Jack's cooking.

Status Woe is a loyal squig in disguise wanting to destroy us all to protect her master the overlord Monroe.

😘 If you promise not to build the spite house, I'll promise to not mention the shark teeth
Sorry, I am afraid that is a promise I can’t make.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
Won’t lie I’m extremely into this chaotic energy from Carole.

Is she actually a master troll working to prod Jack into ever more deranged vengeance, ultimately ousting her from the publishers’ roster and public life?? Or is she just a really out of touch middle class middle aged lady with absolutely no place being a therapist? Either way, I love it.
Out of touch middle class middle aged ladies make up 90% of self funded counselling/therapy courses

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Oh yeah I get the whole BBC arrangement, but I’m not sure that they can make employers employ staff on a PAYE basis. Although that may be where the whole IR35 comes in.

HMRC don’t know about self employment income. It’s only PAYE income that is reported by employers. Jack can realistically get away with not declaring the Patreon income because HMRC can’t question income from self employment unless they suspect fraud.
they don’t make them PAYE, but they can insist on Ltd.

But they do, self employed people submit invoices for 'services', companies pay these invoices, they have to declare these payments. So they can offset against their own tax.

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.