Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think - and it's only a thought - is we only sort of get a 'really full on' photo when SB is there/around. And she only tells us the pooch is under the hammock, on the sofa, and without pix or a photo, is a pre-snapped one. She has form for doing this with photos and words, the wee smol cheeky weasel.
Would not be surprised. SB gets a dog. Therefore it’s jacks.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Publicly available because she keeps making it public.

Also what work?
Ahem, this has been her busiest week of work in months. She lay in a hammock and pretended to edit, she wrote a spite dedication, she shared heatwave food tips and invented stretchy hummus, she tweeted about fire, she baked TWO kinds of cookies...and all this with her teeth crumbling and her shoulder in constant, agonising pain. A true hero.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
But it’s not Tuesday
Last day of school? Inset day?

NOT nICE

Ahem, this has been her busiest week of work in months. She lay in a hammock and pretended to edit, she wrote a spite dedication, she shared heatwave food tips and invented stretchy hummus, she tweeted about fire, she baked TWO kinds of cookies...and all this with her teeth crumbling and her shoulder in constant, agonising pain. A true hero.
Being spiteful to Bobora is not in any job description pal.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Jack has also been harassing elderly teachers by bravely posting them copies of her book. MBE awarded when

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I took a screenshot of this a few days ago but didn’t post it:

View attachment 1435248

Just my opinion, but I reckon that not a single addict in the history of addiction, stopped drinking/using *just* because they had no money. I’ve met people who have stole, undertaken sex work or even white knuckled through however long it took to get money.

And I would even go so far as to say, I’m afraid I don’t think she would put SB over herself, ever. Thank god it’s not true!

There was a segment on our local news the other night about how Scotland raised the price per unit of alcohol (to 50p), however it has only resulted in people spending more on alcohol. It hasn’t massively impacted on alcohol-related health issues…because if you are addicted to something, you will do what you can to get money for it.
I'm not so sure. I was extremely addicted to smoking (like 30-40/day) and the cost was one of the reasons I gave up. I just couldn't afford it, didn't want to go through withdrawals every so often and couldn't justify it any more.
I don't think Jack drank as heavily as she claims though. I think it would have impacted on her health more if she had done.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Not quite off topic but feels like a Jack adjacent public service announcement that these new mccoys are not like a ‘fire pit’ and didn’t give me an ouchy mouth or lip fillers. Just in case Jack gets any ideas!
F4FC35D0-4331-402C-AC73-3319605D799D.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
Oh I also found this (Jack adjacent). Turns out there is some landmark libel action going on in Israel St... Article states quite a lot of it centred around suing figures on the labour left.

Screenshot_20220721-231552.png

• Wow
Reactions: 23
while we've been mithering, she's been doing things to wings that sound ok actually

hhnnnnggghh tho. and wash your hands!

View attachment 1435531
What is the ever loving duck is hnnnngghh?
* A magic spice( watch out KFC, secret recipe chicken currently being created in Jack’s Shack)
Or is it…..
* A sound a greedy goblin makes crunching through chicken bones ?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 32
Oh I also found this (Jack adjacent). Turns out there is some landmark libel action going on in Israel St... Article states quite a lot of it centred around suing figures on the labour left.

View attachment 1435886
Wasn’t this a few months ago? IIRC, Laura Murray then went on to sue someone for saying words on Twitter so frankly, they are all idiots who are clogging up the courts.

Reactions: 32
Wasn’t this a few months ago? IIRC, Laura Murray then went on to sue someone for saying words on Twitter so frankly, they are all idiots who are clogging up the courts.
You're right on both counts MrK, today Murray was given the go-ahead to appeal.
ETA the legal fees involved are eye watering compared to the damages awarded in these cases.

Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.