Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The monthly meeting of the I hate Jack Monroe club.
I do love the idea that somewhere out there there’s a Jack Monroe Survivors Club. Evil Landlady, Borb and Policewoman are all there, as is Matt Tebbutt and Eamon Holmes and Allegra. On the door outside the meeting room there is a list of trigger words that must never be articulated, and they include howling, pixie and yes, absolutely x. There are refreshments after the meeting, which are always solid, well cooked and not made of horse spunk.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Hello, police? Yes, I want to report a hate crime. Against food. Yes, that's right. I have the perpetrator's phone number here for you to contact them. Please, hurry!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
I would prefer to call it Biscuit Day as we don't all hoover up the crumbs from the table of Georgia Church Suppers.
However, she has done Cookie Day 2 weeks in a row so as well as being a completed it completed it MATE 👏 she will henceforth be the font of all biscuity data. 🎓
BIB - you've just inspired me to create the Vimes Biscuit Index, which will not only track biscuit prices but ensure quality control standards are met at all times. Naturally I will have to do a lot of taste testing research for this vitally important project and I'm assembling a crack team of biscuit brainiacs. I can't do it alone, so please send cashos (no actual biscuits) to 1 Celery Street, Celerytown. Thankyou.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
This guy is called Mr Cyst. He’s a mean bastard. I think he dropped out of Jack’s mouth where he’d been living under a piece of solidified slop.

673FB4A1-023A-47E4-AEBF-EC0EFB615E49.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 67
You've just inspired me to create the Vimes Biscuit Index, which will not only track biscuit prices but ensure quality control standards are met at all times. Naturally I will have to do a lot of taste testing research for this vitally important project and I'm assembling a crack team of biscuit brainiacs. I can't do it alone, so please send cashos (no actual biscuits) to 1 Celery Street, Celerytown. Thankyou.
I'd like to help with this important research by taking on the onerous task of eating immeasurable amounts of Fox's Golden Crunch Creams.

• Haha
  • Heart
BIB - you've just inspired me to create the Vimes Biscuit Index, which will not only track biscuit prices but ensure quality control standards are met at all times. Naturally I will have to do a lot of taste testing research for this vitally important project and I'm assembling a crack team of biscuit brainiacs. I can't do it alone, so please send cashos (no actual biscuits) to 1 Celery Street, Celerytown. Thankyou.
Thankyou for all you do x

• Haha
  • Heart
I agree. For one thing, I think it’s older than she says it is. If it’s the age she claimed, 14 weeks or so, it wouldn’t be running around in the garden cos vaccines. I think it’s more like 5/6 months old and belongs to SB.
This assumes Jack gives a tit about vaccines which, going by previous treatment of pets, seems sadly unlikely.

Let's not forget that Jack's introduction post to the dog was a very young puppy on public transport:

Screenshot_20220621-142639_Fenix.jpg

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Plot twist: Content actually belongs to Harold. Jack has somehow convinced him to let her have access visits with the dog and is spite posting his phone number on the internet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
The continuous posting of her phone number to 550k people is just so embarrassing 😩 my sis in law put a pic of her dog on Insta yesterday with the tag covered because she has (let me check...450 followers on a private page who are mostly all friends/family/work colleagues) because everyone knows it only takes one total weirdo to latch on to you. It's just mind boggling, ridiculous attention seeking at this point

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 61
I do love the idea that somewhere out there there’s a Jack Monroe Survivors Club. Evil Landlady, Borb and Policewoman are all there, as is Matt Tebbutt and Eamon Holmes and Allegra. On the door outside the meeting room there is a list of trigger words that must never be articulated, and they include howling, pixie and yes, absolutely x. There are refreshments after the meeting, which are always solid, well cooked and not made of horse spunk.
A survivor's whatsapp group.

Matt: I had that dream again, we're back on the DKL set and she's coming for me with those teeth 😭😭😭
Allegra: It's OK Matt, that was a long time ago, she can't get you anymore. She'll never work on TV again, you're safe now.
Eamonn: 🗿

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Hate that I need to know Jack Monroe's phone number to live in the UK. Not only that, but she could appear at any time... on the radio. Can't anyone stop this megalomaniac?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
So she was drinking whiskey heavily for a decade, which would be... 2011 to 2021? So where does that leave the not drinking during the Poverty (or, depending on which article you read, the drinking Sainsbury's pisswater lager over Christmas one year?)
I took a screenshot of this a few days ago but didn’t post it:

506B43E5-95AE-486C-98B9-024461F7271F.jpeg

Just my opinion, but I reckon that not a single addict in the history of addiction, stopped drinking/using *just* because they had no money. I’ve met people who have stole, undertaken sex work or even white knuckled through however long it took to get money.

And I would even go so far as to say, I’m afraid I don’t think she would put SB over herself, ever. Thank god it’s not true!

There was a segment on our local news the other night about how Scotland raised the price per unit of alcohol (to 50p), however it has only resulted in people spending more on alcohol. It hasn’t massively impacted on alcohol-related health issues…because if you are addicted to something, you will do what you can to get money for it.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 78
Hate that I need to know Jack Monroe's phone number to live in the UK. Not only that, but she could appear at any time... on the radio. Can't anyone stop this megalomaniac?
Jack Monroe's phone number is on the British citizenship test, between How many players are in a cricket team? and Who is 4th in line to the throne? and Has Guardian journalist Owen Jones ever been convicted of murder?

• Haha
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.