Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Changing the subject from the hideous cookies as they are too depressing but look at what I found in a charity shop today...a book featuring The Three Investigators. Apparently called Jupiter, Bob and Pete. But you and I know it's Jenny, Borb and Piotr

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Imagining Jack serving “some of the best bakes” to Cherish and Benoit on Bake Off the professionals.View attachment 1434409View attachment 1434411

Everyone makes baking mistakes, but would a professional post their mistakes online?
Sweet Jesus, I wouldn’t show those to the family, who eat anything.
She’s done it for a reaction hasn’t she, can you imagine Mom or that man posting those.
Still catching up, slowly. Glad the heat has gone, we’ve been picking strawberries in the poly tunnels today, quite pleasant.

Reactions: 30
All day I’ve had “Nightmeat, this is what you came for; Nightmeat, strikes every time she moves” to the tune of the Calvin Harris/Rihanna song in my head.

I purposely don’t read many of the song lyric posts because I’m more often than not tortured by circular segments of songs but I’d like to say bravo to the Frau or Herr who came up with that one.

Or if it was me: duck you, brain. And Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Having had the misfortune to work with them in a prior job, in my deeply forensic, granular experience, they also comprise 90% of university counselling Certificate/Diploma course instructors and program leaders too.

It was like being in a constant fuge state of wafting chiffon scarves, Per Una, and a patronizing air of “talk to everyone as if they’re all five year olds who’ve had a bit too much Sunny Delight and it’s almost bedtime”. (Also, some of the most passive aggressive people I’ve ever worked with so I can totally see/am here for Sabotage Carole)
Yup yup yup. Plus you can’t ever give any constructive or negative feedback because “they care so much” or because they are helping people it gives them a free pass for being completely batshit and/or ineffective and/or incredibly entitled

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Oh feck! As a sort of middle class, almost 50 year old woman slap bang in the middle of my post graduate diploma in CBT and groupwork let's hope I'm not out of touch 😬. I may only be a trainee but I'm confident in saying Jack would NOT be a good candidate for CBT as she definitely wouldn't want to engage in homework or exploring the thinking lying behind her behaviour
Oh Elastoblast! Worry not dear heart. The fact that you are reflective enough to worry about that means that you are officially not going to be out of touch. Pip pip

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Nope, genuinely cannot think of a more horrifying dish she's made than lumps of dough that she's squished her vile thumbnail into 😐

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 35
"That's the thing I love about baking, Jack. You can always eat your mistakes! No, none for me I'm low carbing just now"

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Nope, genuinely cannot think of a more horrifying dish she's made than lumps of dough that she's squished her vile thumbnail into 😐
At the peak of Covid when nurseries were just about open, my youngest made cookies at nursery. The school posted photos on their app showing a dozen kids all with their fingers in the same dough, a gaggle of superspreaders all mixing a Petri dish of germs in biscuit form. And yet, I’d still eat those germy, undercooked in the middle yet burnt around the edges cookies any day over hers.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.