Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think he's trying to atone for being partly responsible for bringing that pointless grifter into the world or does he just like to increase the likelihood he'll be out if she drops round?
I think he is a little like Jack himself, loves to get his name in the paper and has major hero complex.

He at least does something good to channel this, his daughter is just a fantasist and mooch.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I think he is a little like Jack himself, loves to get his name in the paper and has major hero complex.

He at least does something good to channel this, his daughter is just a fantasist and mooch.
Oh aye, Big Dave is an awful old attention bleep but he can point to a lifetime or service and having done some good in the world. Him and Mrs Big Dave must wonder if Jack was a switched baby.

• Haha
Reactions: 44

I agree. I think Jack has spent her life seeing her father being lauded for his achievements and wanted that for herself, but failed to understand that Big Dave, despite the fact the I suspect is a bit of an annoying git, actually put in the hard work to achieve his accolades. I have a relative with an MBE, he’s an absolute knob but he did genuinely earn his gong.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
No no no, I’m still waiting for bed soup! You can’t just segue to bed sammiches.

J tooth.jpg

ETA: Jack can’t handle the tooth (sorry...hahaha!)

• Haha
Reactions: 41
She's like a disgusting child boasting about farting all the time but without the comforting knowledge that they'll eventually grow out of it. All that eating in bed, poor dental hygiene and then incredibly actually boasting about it is revolting. If she was actually serious about being a campaigner, she wouldn't be constantly sharing way too much information like this. No wonder Borbora HATED her.*

* Became vaguely aware of a repellent smelly presence and promptly forgot her when she moved on. Until the stalking started.
sat in a cluttered house infested with mice, eating fishy eggs in bed with crumbling teeth. yuck.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
I guess it is no surprise Jack's 186 teeth are crumbling. I can she must be grinding her teeth so hard through pure spite aimed at poor Borbora, Peeter and Gennifur (and a million others).

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Just rediscovered something which I want to share.

Do you remember the time Jack randomly tweeted in Czech before deleting it 23 minutes later?

Screenshot_20200921-005304_Twitter_1.jpg

(translation: Are you okay?)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Someone shared a post on here a couple of weeks ago where Jack said she'd paid furlough out of her own pocket. If that's the case, she certainly had a decent amount of money coming in from somewhere. :unsure: Quite how that's been recorded via company accounts is beyond my minimal understanding of the internal workings of the furlough scheme.

That's true - but if she was honest* :LOL: when she submitted her self assessment return**, and included all of her income, she would still have had a substantial tax payment due after the year end. We've seen her possible Patreon earnings, those alone would put her over the PAYE threshold, then all of the TV work (although she says most of it is unpaid...whatever) on top, plus book advances if she's had any (are they taxable, when they have to eventually be repaid? Probably not, so we'll give her the benefit of the doubt there) and any other paid jobs: Guardian, the unpaid-now-paid Times article etc etc. I guess we'll never know, because obviously this is all private stuff - even though she likes to divulge so much of her private life on Twatter!

*I highly doubt this happened, but this is purely speculative
**I bet she's one of those people who waits until late January to file her SA at the very last minute!
The furlough info was on the gov website saying the company claimed

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I just remembered my favourite story about Jack giving away a copy of one of her slop manuals.

Screenshot_20211023-093011_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211023-092930_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 62
I'm watching This Morning on +1. They're doing a thing where you can ring in and they'll do a shout out to your favourite teacher.
I'm gutted I didn't watch it live because I would be sorely tempted to get a shout out for Peter Jenny and Bobra from WHSG for all their encouragement.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
The furlough info was on the gov website saying the company claimed
That and she claimed she couldn't get Furlough for Caroline because she filed her tax return late and so had to pay her 'out of her own pocket '.
This is also not possible as well as being a complete lie. It was a happy day in the cabal when someone found the receipts that Jack was indeed granted Furlough.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.