Jack Monroe #343 A heavy dose of chickpea and loathing

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her parents have four kids and various grandchildren too. Jack isn't the only person that would get something. Be funny if they donated the lot to the bloody Trussell Trust though.
Plus there could still be foster kids in the mix. Not saying there will be but some foster kids maintain a relationship with foster parents into adulthood, after the fostering arrangement has ended.

Reactions: 32
Big D will last forever!
Seriously though, I read an article once about the things that the oldest people in the world have in common. It varied but they made a tick list and Big D seems to have most of them.
In no particular order it included having grandchildren, owning pets, eating a Mediterranean diet and keeping active. There was more to it than that but Big D has all of those in buckets.
Plus the fact that the empire has to be split 4 ways.
Does Dave, born and raised in England to an English mother, follow a Mediterranean diet? The only things he has been known to cook are trifle and Chinese takeaway chicken curry.

I will concede that when Jack was tweeting in a SEVERE covid fugue state that long list of childhood classics, she mentioned Dad's pasta. It was referred to, IIRC, as a "cuboid slab". Yum... 😋

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Big D will last forever!
Seriously though, I read an article once about the things that the oldest people in the world have in common. It varied but they made a tick list and Big D seems to have most of them.
In no particular order it included having grandchildren, owning pets, eating a Mediterranean diet and keeping active. There was more to it than that but Big D has all of those in buckets.
Old Papa H is a coastguard now too. (I think it's a volunteer role.)

• Wow
Reactions: 26
I like to imagine her as a Sim. Endlessly posing in the mirror to up her charisma points, burning the kitchen down when opening the fridge, not working out how doorways work and pissing herself on the spot.

If only she would use the 'Rosebud' cheat, you could get the orangery, Jack!
Message: Uh oh! Jack's relationship with her landlady has gone down. If you don't pay attention to friends, they can slip away!
*Sim Jack begins to howl, claw, etc. Thought bubbles of an orangery and various exes appear*
Message: Jack isn't feeling happy. Maybe she should go for a walk.
*Sim Jack goes for a walk, meets a stranger and begins to regale him with her accomplishments*
*Hit the gossip interact*
*Sim Jack: I heard that Peter acted quite rudely to me, but he's got his comeuppance toot toot*

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I reckons the tooth obsession points to subconscious guilt. Teeth are in the fifth chakra which relates to truth telling :oops:

Dreams of crumbling teeth can relate to concerns about things you've said, or a subconscious fear that your life is falling apart.

OK so I have absolutely no idea and not much interest in chakras or the subconscious value of dreams but when it comes to psychoanalysing the smol pixie, I will make an exception.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
Breaking a tooth is so traumatic though, how can she just be nonchalantly posting about 'intriguing sharpness' etc like can you please just go to a dentist or say you're making it up 😩

I just hope someone has taken care of SB's dental health over the years
Me too, you shouldn't inflict your phobias onto your kids. Mine came with me from toddler age apart from...
I sustained the most middle class tooth injury by cracking a molar on toasted sourdough. It broke a few months later and I cried because I knew I'd have to have injections. I was 45. I did not post it on Twitter, which is where I could have got much sympathy and crowd-funded for the cost.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Why did she not just open the packet with her hands?
*Squig voice* Are YOU a food expert? Have you ever opened a packet in a hurry as an experienced food expert who lives on £20 a week? Thought not pal

ETA: I've got nothing. I struggle to open packets a lot because of dyspraxia, very glamorous toot toot, but teeth are worse! And the three pairs of scissors are right there

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I would really like to hear Jack explain it. But of course she won’t. She’s hoping it will just quietly sink and be forgotten about.

But it was the company that claimed (and was paid) furlough payments. That’s the bit I don’t understand. If there was no income going through the company, why would it be claiming furlough?
Someone shared a post on here a couple of weeks ago where Jack said she'd paid furlough out of her own pocket. If that's the case, she certainly had a decent amount of money coming in from somewhere. :unsure: Quite how that's been recorded via company accounts is beyond my minimal understanding of the internal workings of the furlough scheme.

I've said this all along as a reason not to put too much hope in HMRC bringing her down via On A Bootstrap Ltd - it's entirely possible she was raking in all the money from TV etc as a sole trader.
That's true - but if she was honest* :LOL: when she submitted her self assessment return**, and included all of her income, she would still have had a substantial tax payment due after the year end. We've seen her possible Patreon earnings, those alone would put her over the PAYE threshold, then all of the TV work (although she says most of it is unpaid...whatever) on top, plus book advances if she's had any (are they taxable, when they have to eventually be repaid? Probably not, so we'll give her the benefit of the doubt there) and any other paid jobs: Guardian, the unpaid-now-paid Times article etc etc. I guess we'll never know, because obviously this is all private stuff - even though she likes to divulge so much of her private life on Twatter!

*I highly doubt this happened, but this is purely speculative
**I bet she's one of those people who waits until late January to file her SA at the very last minute!

Reactions: 23
Big D will last forever!
Possibly more, if they include grandchildren

Reactions: 20
IDGI. I mean, I get everyone else's contribution to the #bantz, but what is 'miner' meant to mean?

Screenshot 2022-07-21 at 11.48.22.png

ETA oh I see, it's because she said 'minor part' in her original tweet. Very good, carry on 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I reckons the tooth obsession points to subconscious guilt. Teeth are in the fifth chakra which relates to truth telling :oops:

Dreams of crumbling teeth can relate to concerns about things you've said, or a subconscious fear that your life is falling apart.

OK so I have absolutely no idea and not much interest in chakras or the subconscious value of dreams but when it comes to psychoanalysing the smol pixie, I will make an exception.
I have crumbly teeth, but it’s not caused by subconscious guilt but by a genetic predisposition to tooth weakness and being a victim of 1970\80s drill and fill paid by the procedure dentists. I had more dental procedures done in the first fourteen years of my life than I have in the subsequent thirty six, and most of my adult procedures have been to fix the teeth that were unnecessarily filled when I was a child.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Old Papa H is a coastguard now too. (I think it's a volunteer role.)
Do you think he's trying to atone for being partly responsible for bringing that pointless grifter into the world or does he just like to increase the likelihood he'll be out if she drops round?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Do you think he's trying to atone for being partly responsible for bringing that pointless grifter into the world or does he just like to increase the likelihood he'll be out if she drops round?
He'll be putting in shifts at Southend Lighthouse next.
Lights on
What went wrong, Dave?
Lights off

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.