Jack Monroe #341 The numbers on the key are upside down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG...Sun-In. It's summer 1994 and I can literally smell that through the screen🤢
Summer 1986, dear heart. My sister literally coated her very dark, half Greek unplaited hair in it. She wore her hair in the style of Madonna in the Like A Virgin video around that time, and thought the Sun-In would just give it a little je ne sais quoi. It didn't. it made her hair bright yellow. She cried a little (16y at the time) and cried more when we got there and it took on a green tinge after going in the pool.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
We don’t usually draw attention to homophobic critiques of Jack, or deadnaming. Jack has said she is a lesbian but she always makes exceptions (and they’re always worth it, she said!)
It’s also patriarchal misogyny. Why shouldn’t a lesbian have sex or get artificial insemination, and have a baby? Paul O’Grady was briefly married and fathered a child but nobody tells gay men they should’ve kept it in their pants. See also- Schofield.
🥕
Your avatar 😂
Is Jack in a tiny inflatable tank?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
We don’t usually draw attention to homophobic critiques of Jack, or deadnaming. Jack has said she is a lesbian but she always makes exceptions (and they’re always worth it, she said!)
It’s also patriarchal misogyny. Why shouldn’t a lesbian have sex or get artificial insemination, and have a baby? Paul O’Grady was briefly married and fathered a child but nobody tells gay men they should’ve kept it in their pants. See also- Schofield.
🥕
If she makes exceptions then she's bisexual, not a full blown lesbian. That's not homophobic. Nothing against her having a child but the point is you can't be a full lesbian and have a child, she's bisexual then not lesbian. Smh

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Greeks don't woo hoo their way into the blazing midday heat. She's such an ignorant twit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
🥕
I agree with you Hotes, 100%. There are definite double standards for men/women.

What is striking to me, and personally I have no interest in Jack's preferred gender, pronoun or sexuality - is the frequency at which Jack changes this. Jack, like anyone, is absolutely entitled to change her mind. It is the way she goes about it which irks. Did she need an article in the Guardian when she came out as NB? Did she need to hide Harold's sexuality or gender because he was male?
Everything she does in this area just demonstrates how she has no true idea of her own identity. It's sad that its confusing, but ties in with so many other aspects of her non-existent personality. She has no idea how to fit in, who she should be or what her style is. She seems like a very, very confused and lonely individual.

If she makes exceptions then she's bisexual, not a full blown lesbian. That's not homophobic. Nothing against her having a child but the point is you can't be a full lesbian and have a child, she's bisexual then not lesbian. Smh
Please explain how you cant? I have a close relative who is, in your words a full lesbian. She is married to a woman, and they are trying for a child through IVF; if this doesn't work they hope to adopt. Either way they will be parents of a child. Please can you tell me how having a child detracts from her sexuality and identity?

• Heart
Reactions: 57
How‘s she managed to not speak to her son today?

ONLY KIDDING!

Go sit in front of your Dyson Jack, you narcissistic sponge.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Greeks don't woo hoo their way into the blazing midday heat. She's such an ignorant twit
Also dunno how to word this but there’s a difference between ethnicity and nationality right? Like BAME Irish people exist and this feels invalidating. She’s done weird stuff like this before - idk why she doesn’t get called out. Judging by her Instagram it’s all gross pervy bloke centrists who aren’t willing to put in a lil bit of anti racism work. It’s a no growth zone in that crusty demographic.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Greek Jack is among my least favourite of her dozens and dozens of iterations... 'if you prick me do I not bleed tzatziki?"

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Gold star lesbianism is grim ngl. I'm bi so have seen it play out in the community and it ain't cute.

My friend who was assaulted by a man was once told she wasn't a proper lesbian as a man had had non consensual intercourse with her

If you're in a committed relationship with a man you, at this point in time, probably aren't a lesbian lol, which I guess people take issue with as "lezzer leftie" was certainly Jack's brand. But people's sexual preferences can change for sure. It would be easy to have a relationship with a man, have a child and then realise you connect with women in a completely different way. Or that you've been closeted so felt you had to date a man as it was expected.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Yes to this. As a half Greek (that makes me more Greek than you, Jack) i can say that when we visited my grandparents (who lived in a Greek village on an island with no direct flights from any part of the UK and didn't own a downtrodden B&B in Southend) or holidayed in any other part of Greece, the Greeks avoided the mid-day sun and instead WORKED or had an afternoon break, instead preferring to go to the beach around 6:30/7pm when the sun was lowering and the water was warmer from the heat of the sun all day.
In fact, one of my siblings got married in Greece, Jack. The wedding was planned for 4pm, but given the heat, our priest advised to change the time and instead they got married at 7pm. There was no woo-hoo'ing because it is hot outside.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Plenty of full lesbians have children.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.