Jack Monroe #341 The numbers on the key are upside down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You don't need to be alone Jack, you have a son whose father is very likely working. Someone is looking after him during the holidays, why isn’t it you?
Get off your lazy ENGLISH arse and offer to have him and one of his friends for a few days. Get a water slide, set up a net for badminton. Do all the stuff normal parents do To entertain their kids.
Hell nah, remember the last (and only) time she ever pretended to be playing 'kickyball' in the garden with SB it later transpired that she'd spent the morning blow-drying a dead kitten

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
Hell nah, remember the last (and only) time she ever pretended to be playing 'kickyball' in the garden with SB it later transpired that she'd spent the morning blow-drying a dead kitten
I'm almost tempted to nominate the bit in the spoiler as a thread title, but it's a bit grim and not everyone has a sense of humour as dark as mine, so I SHAN'T

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Jack makes out like Tesco are data mining every single bit of her life without realising that: A) she owns a load of Apple products that probably track EVERYTHING and B) she bleeping Tweet's every single thought, no matter how fleeting, that comes into her head.
Apple are notoriously good at safeguarding user data & safari actually blocks third party cookies. But yeah, it’s a lot of personal data in one device.

The hilarious thing is ad/PR agencies & brands & content owners & lots of diff companies or ppl scrape Twitter for research. Twitter monetise the content she’s wasting her life providing them. Experian (who she’s worked for) sell data to brands to enrich customer data for BI or CRM purposes - so the emails brands send you could very well be considering your household income or if you’re a credit card shopper.

And yet it’s saving 50p off strawberries she’s got beef with? 🤭 key stage 2 thinking yet again

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Apple are notoriously good at safeguarding user data & safari actually blocks third party cookies. But yeah, it’s a lot of personal data in one device.

The hilarious thing is ad/PR agencies & brands & content owners & lots of diff companies or ppl scrape Twitter for research. Twitter monetise the content she’s wasting her life providing them. Experian (who she’s worked for) sell data to brands to enrich customer data for BI or CRM purposes - so the emails brands send you could very well be considering your household income or if you’re a credit card shopper.

And yet it’s saving 50p off strawberries she’s got beef with? 🤭 key stage 2 thinking yet again
It’s Big Dave chat from the last century, it’s such an outdated view

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
@Lazarus that’s terrible! I’d be emailing Tesco to get them to change them, fuming!
yes, it is tit. i'm looking at a hotel just now - both on my phone and my work laptop. if i log in to the hotels dot com app the price is around 80 cheaper than it is using the club card link.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 21
Why do lemon ends make me chortle? :D
1658159788214.png

Dried lemon ends?
Dehydrated friends. 👍

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Jack makes out like Tesco are data mining every single bit of her life without realising that: A) she owns a load of Apple products that probably track EVERYTHING and B) she bleeping Tweet's every single thought, no matter how fleeting, that comes into her head.
They can probably track all her super sensitive data every time she uses her Go Henry card, or whatever it is she has now. What sensitive data are they going to find out anyway? Whether she bought Del Monte or value tinned prunes?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Thanks, Monroe. There I was, my oven on full heat, preparing a roast with all the trimmings when you came along with your tip of just eating someting cold in a heatwave instead. Thanks for all you do. Your tips are #amazing and #important. X

• Haha
Reactions: 64
My record is 9, which I did other week. I "share" them with my housemate and have had to make several trips to Tesco (collecting my clubcard points - screw you Jack) to replace our stash as I have been powering through!

On topic - my god some of those suggestions for heatwave snacks are grim AF. Peach curry roll, weird prunes, oats, peanut butter concoctions :sick: she must be trolling us surely??
I've just been to Tesco and come home with two of That Man's pizzas, I felt like the universe needed to be rebalanced.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I have said to my husband numerous times if the powers that be want watch what I am doing then good for them, I am very very boring, a bit like her tbh!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Because by definition a lesbian is only interested in other females, fact. Jack didn't have her daughter through IVF, she slept with a bloke (so obviously bisexual, as lesbians don't fk men)
Her daughter? 🤔
I think it takes a lot more sexual history than theoretically one night with a guy to claim, on someone else’s behalf that they are not a lesbian. Keeping it simple for arguments sake: What if that was the night they decided they’d tried it and men just didn’t do it for them for example?

As much as Jack might be annoying as a previous poster pointed out, it’s a bit off to go down this particular path.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Because by definition a lesbian is only interested in other females, fact. Jack didn't have her daughter through IVF, she slept with a bloke (so obviously bisexual, as lesbians don't fk men)
Well me and an awful lot of lesbians aren’t lesbians according to your definition then. Maybe I need to reevaluate my identity.

This kind of opinion harms our community, gives Jack ammunition to her “tattle is full of ignorant homophobes” slant and really, really shouldn’t be propogated.

• Heart
Reactions: 84
Won’t go tl;dr but John Lewis are doing gr8 things with customer data. There are conference talks about it on YouTube lol.
Such a joke that she's interested in data protection except when it comes to her own mining of trauma stories and harvesting of email addresses.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
New thread lads. Jack if you could not complete the triumvirate of tit pics in the next thread we'd all appreciate it, thanks x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Ok, best to move on now and leave it at that now. Your view is your view, but you’ve said it and let’s move on.
By the way, she had a son.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.