Jack Monroe #341 The numbers on the key are upside down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this had already been posted, also sorry it's not really adding anything

But I got excited for a second when I saw jack mentioned in this fortnights private eye. They must not be aware of her body of work if they think she's just a cookery writer:

20220717_190701.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 33
This edits scenario is a bit of a nightmare for people with ADHD. She really does need a Caroline to walk her through it step by step asking "what did you actually mean here?", "what are these underlinings about?", "does it really need all this preamble?", "didn't you already have this one in the other book?", "when do they add the garlic?" and "have you actually tested any of this?". Job done in half a day or less.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Every voice recognition software system has told her to go to rehab, and she's said 'completed it mate!"

• Haha
Reactions: 30
You would think as this is her ‘literal job’ and she’s had numerous books published that she’d be a bit quicker at this old editing malarkey by now wouldn’t you? Why the hell does she still have a contract, she must be in severe breach of it. Are they afraid that she will cry disability discrimination? I would imagine to bring a case you would need to provide actual evidence of your disability 🤔

Reactions: 35
There’s an area of beach in Shoebury owned by the Ministry of Defence which you can’t go on as they test and dispose ammunition. Jack claimed to have walked on to accidentally which is bullshit as she’s lived here long enough to know not to do that plus there is a tit load of signage!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoD_Shoeburyness
Maybe they gave her special permission cos she’s military around the edges. And the beach was guarded by a well ‘ard Andy McNab type SAS guy who sidled up to her and whispered “I just want to thank you for all you do. Thanks to you, my quartermasters changed the food in my bergen from protein bars to rinsed slop. You legend.”

• Haha
Reactions: 34
You would think as this is her ‘literal job’ and she’s had numerous books published that she’d be a bit quicker at this old editing malarkey by now wouldn’t you? Why the hell does she still have a contract, she must be in severe breach of it. Are they afraid that she will cry disability discrimination? I would imagine to bring a case you would need to provide actual evidence of your disability 🤔
She's the George RR Martin of slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
What was it she claimed about her previous publisher? They discriminated against her for coming out as trans, or something like that?

• Wow
Reactions: 32
Jack has been editing this book since February 2021.

View attachment 1425851

In June '21 she made a wall chart of post-it notes...

View attachment 1425852

In Feb '22 she was still at it:

View attachment 1425853

In March:

View attachment 1425854

In April, when she was briefly a lifelong football fan:

View attachment 1425855

In May:

View attachment 1425856

...and now in July.

These edits may turn out to be the longest relationship of Jack's life.

Forensic!

• Haha
Reactions: 20
View attachment 1425347View attachment 1425348

Her hair might have got curlier as she got older. I was a 1b as a kid, now a 2a.

I'd put her at a 2b or c going off pics I've seen of her as a teenager/adult where her hair has been long and unstraightened. Hard to tell as it's been short for so long and when longer mostly styled. She's certainly got coarse, thick hair, but so do a lot of other white people lol. For her to say it locs which imho is quite a loaded term seems a bit offensive idk 🤷‍♀️ And curls don't equal loccing. Tldr - She's ignorant af and doesn't have type 3 or 4 hair.
Does nobody else remember that teenage picture she shared of herself years ago in a pink dress with her ‘natural’ blonde curly hair? Not sure if both the colour and curl were supposed to be natural but she definitely shared this picture. It was around her gender dysphoria/transition days

• Wow
Reactions: 30
This edits scenario is a bit of a nightmare for people with ADHD. She really does need a Caroline to walk her through it step by step asking "what did you actually mean here?", "what are these underlinings about?", "does it really need all this preamble?", "didn't you already have this one in the other book?", "when do they add the garlic?" and "have you actually tested any of this?". Job done in half a day or less.
Her recipes are a nightmare to follow. They’re always in one big paragraph, so difficult to read anyway. Half the time she completely misses out steps or forgets ingredients.

The Pumble recipe is one of the worst I’ve ever read. It’s tinned fruit, but apparently you still have to slice it? Then put sugar on it to stop it going brown and cook it for 20 minutes. It’s obvious she wrote it originally with fresh fruit, then switched to tinned but couldn’t be arsed to edit it properly. Oh and the picture of the bowl is odd as she tells you to spread out the fruit, which makes it sound like you need a crumble dish.

Anyway, I’d take the piss more forensically but her website is down so I should probably do some work.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Have you seen her in @Feck profile pic?

ETA: I feel a bit tight making comment on someone’s physical appearance and to be honest it’s not my style.I mentioned it because she face tunes the duck out of the rest of her face so much that it really makes her nose stand out.

shark eyes in the child photo too. I’m sorry, I have to say it.baby shark
I get a shock everything I log in! I'm sure she's posting these selfies in the hope we change then.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Does nobody else remember that teenage picture she shared of herself years ago in a pink dress with her ‘natural’ blonde curly hair? Not sure if both the colour and curl were supposed to be natural but she definitely shared this picture. It was around her gender dysphoria/transition days
Yeah, it's posted on her Instagram at least three times.

July 2016. Might grow hair again.
Screenshot_20220718-101756_Instagram.jpg

August 2016. Might grow hair again.
Screenshot_20220718-101657_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 41
Surely she will get such a reputation in the publishing world that the work will dry up soon. If she had an actual job she would have been sacked long ago for not turning up and never hitting set deadlines.

Reactions: 31
Going by the gushing crap her publisher puts out there publicly, her publisher/therapist/good friend seems to be one of her biggest enablers.

632EE8C1-93C3-4A49-B358-2A52CD229A9C.gif

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Respectfully disagree, type 2B and above hair typically takes a lot of care, and makes short hairstyles very high maintenance. Short type 2B and up hair sticks up or out because it doesn’t have the weight to hold it down. Her hair never, ever looks frizzy, and her baby hairs are always, always flat and pointing downwards rather than up or out.

Even in her mini plaits there’s no frizz and it still looks shiny.

Plus she would definitely make being a “curly girl” her personality if she had any kind of type 2 hair and we’d never hear the end of the amount of care it needs.
I'm sure she's already tried to get on the curly girl bandwagon - didn't wash her hair for a while and then we heard no more about it.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
What was it she claimed about her previous publisher? They discriminated against her for coming out as trans, or something like that?
Thats what she claimed but I think it’s more likely they let her go for commercial reasons. Her first book had a big mainstream publisher IIRC, I’m not sure whether her subsequent ones did. I find it rather odd that her current editor is also a therapist? I think she’s previously mentioned that? I know nothing about publishing but I wouldn’t have thought a super busy successful editor would have time for a second job? But I don’t know

• Heart
Reactions: 32
View attachment 1426112
View attachment 1426113

ETA. This tweet has been deleted and now I don't know what to do 😬
Genuine question, not trying to offend or be a dick, but how does Jack NOT wearing this hairstyle help Black people wear their hair how they please? I understand that Black people still get discriminated for wearing certain hairstyles and that obviously needs to stop, but I don't know why a 1/4 Cypriot Greek not wearing braids helps this cause.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.