Jack Monroe #341 The numbers on the key are upside down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she’d done the final edits before she met her publisher for lunch x months ago?
I think opinions differed between Jack and the publisher on how final those edits were. Someone zoomed in on a photo from after the meeting and they were riddled with typos and underscores left in from affiliate links where they appeared to have been lifted wholesale from the 'broken' website.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Why does everything she does have to be shared with the masses, if everytime I wrote on SM, I got a pile on, I maybe wouldn't share so much sometimes saying nothing is key pet. Your braids are still braids without twatters knowledge.

Reactions: 26
I thought she’d done the final edits before she met her publisher for lunch x months ago?
Also is it normal for edits to be scribbles on in a notepad? It just seems like more work to get the book to print - scribbles to be deciphered with more scribbles added along the way. Is there no easier way to do things.

And as a person with a debilitating condition are there no tools to make editing less hands on?

She is so massively inefficient.

And remember today to wear your sunscreen, drink water, mind your pets, and I hope your Monday is a good one.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Jack has been editing this book since February 2021.

Screenshot_20220718-090206_Twitter.jpg

In June '21 she made a wall chart of post-it notes...

Screenshot_20220718-090201_Twitter.jpg

In Feb '22 she was still at it:

Screenshot_20220718-090152_Twitter.jpg

In March:

Screenshot_20220718-090144_Twitter.jpg

In April, when she was briefly a lifelong football fan:

Screenshot_20220718-090127_Twitter.jpg

In May:

Screenshot_20220718-090051_Twitter.jpg

...and now in July.

These edits may turn out to be the longest relationship of Jack's life.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 88
Also is it normal for edits to be scribbles on in a notepad? It just seems like more work to get the book to print - scribbles to be deciphered with more scribbles added along the way. Is there no easier way to do things.

And as a person with a debilitating condition are there no tools to make editing less hands on?

And remember today to wear your sunscreen, drink water, mind your pets, and I hope your Monday is a good one.
I mean, most people would use Author, but I guess most people aren't a

• Haha
Reactions: 39
She'll develop heatstroke/exhaustion today. She's not had that before, so it'll be a novel experience for her and her devoted squigs.

• Haha
Reactions: 43

View attachment 1425851

View attachment 1425852

View attachment 1425853

In March:

View attachment 1425854

View attachment 1425855

In May:

View attachment 1425856

...and now in July.

Thanks for that montage of procrastination proclamations. I know it's been said before, but she's that person who is always the busiest ever with their busy work!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Guess what I'm doing this week, fam? Draft 2 of a project I'm working on. Then my editor will do edit 2 (which may be final, depending on how good draft 2 is). If necessary there'll be draft 3, then FINAL edits and that's it.

I've been working like this for years, but I guess I'm doing it wrong.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
It’s lovely early in the morning and even the evening where she is or Westcliff/Chalkwell way. Basically avoiding the main Southend beaches! We went for walk/ice cream Friday about 7pm and it was really nice but headed away from the pier so it was calmer.
She has a tendency to wander on to MOD land though so I guess she’s worried about that! Oh and nobody needs another pocketful of stones style poem 🤢
Chalkwell for me too. Shoebury/Thorpe Bay is too spiky, what with all the mussel beds.

Reactions: 15

She has an iMac, she has a MacBook, etc etc there is plenty of speech to text software available. We know how she loves to talk, it would be perfect for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She has an iMac, she has a MacBook, etc etc there is plenty of speech to text software available. We know how she loves to talk, it would be perfect for her.
If I was the speech to text software in that scenario, I'd go on strike. Those poor electronic ears 😔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
View attachment 1425347View attachment 1425348

Her hair might have got curlier as she got older. I was a 1b as a kid, now a 2a.

I'd put her at a 2b or c going off pics I've seen of her as a teenager/adult where her hair has been long and unstraightened. Hard to tell as it's been short for so long and when longer mostly styled. She's certainly got coarse, thick hair, but so do a lot of other white people lol. For her to say it locs which imho is quite a loaded term seems a bit offensive idk 🤷‍♀️ And curls don't equal loccing. Tldr - She's ignorant af and doesn't have type 3 or 4 hair.
I’ve never seen this before and just checking in the say I’m a 2a - this thread is so good for ~all~ the knowledge eta I hate that I did the wavy line thing I’ve made myself feel sick 🤮

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Just realised that this thread title has the same rhythm as "the bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured" and I find it very pleasing. 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

View attachment 1425851

View attachment 1425852

View attachment 1425853

In March:

View attachment 1425854

View attachment 1425855

In May:

View attachment 1425856

...and now in July.

I follow a few authors, of various genres, and they've created their book concept, researched, drafted, edited, and have published their work (or are very close) in that amount of time. Non included any thot shots either!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
She'll develop heatstroke/exhaustion today. She's not had that before, so it'll be a novel experience for her and her devoted squigs.
She'll start breadcrumbing the various different symptoms of heat exhaustion today. Or pretend she has to walk all the way to Asda to do her shop *today*.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.