Jack Monroe #341 The numbers on the key are upside down

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 1425347View attachment 1425348

Her hair might have got curlier as she got older. I was a 1b as a kid, now a 2a.

I'd put her at a 2b or c going off pics I've seen of her as a teenager/adult where her hair has been long and unstraightened. Hard to tell as it's been short for so long and when longer mostly styled. She's certainly got coarse, thick hair, but so do a lot of other white people lol. For her to say it locs which imho is quite a loaded term seems a bit offensive idk 🤷‍♀️ And curls don't equal loccing. Tldr - She's ignorant af and doesn't have type 3 or 4 hair.
I dunno I think I'd place her in the 1s, if we look at the Cherie Blair and DKL eras 🤔

Attachments

Reactions: 18
Something deeply weird is going on with Jack's nose. Why so bulbous, here? #nosetruther
Have you seen her in @Feck profile pic?

ETA: I feel a bit tight making comment on someone’s physical appearance and to be honest it’s not my style.I mentioned it because she face tunes the duck out of the rest of her face so much that it really makes her nose stand out.

shark eyes in the child photo too. I’m sorry, I have to say it.baby shark

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Your mum was lucky - I've been in perimenopause for 9 years now and it hasn't been as simple as my periods just stopping. I had no idea of the variety of odd symptoms it can cause and genuinely thought I was losing the plot. When I did figure out what was going on and asked for help, the doctor told me they 'don't treat menopause as it's a natural process'. I was well aware my periods would stop, but not that the process would take so long or cause so many issues in my general health. I'm not a dramatic person, it really has been rubbish, and women aren't taken seriously with it.
I completely agree. It's bloody dreadful and I don't know any women who 'just sailed through it'. They may have thought they just had to put up and shut up as it's 'a natural process' 🙄. We have oestrogen receptors all over our bodies so it's no wonder that we have so many weird and awful symptoms from reducing levels.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
View attachment 1425347View attachment 1425348

Her hair might have got curlier as she got older. I was a 1b as a kid, now a 2a.

I'd put her at a 2b or c going off pics I've seen of her as a teenager/adult where her hair has been long and unstraightened. Hard to tell as it's been short for so long and when longer mostly styled. She's certainly got coarse, thick hair, but so do a lot of other white people lol. For her to say it locs which imho is quite a loaded term seems a bit offensive idk 🤷‍♀️ And curls don't equal loccing. Tldr - She's ignorant af and doesn't have type 3 or 4 hair.
Respectfully disagree, type 2B and above hair typically takes a lot of care, and makes short hairstyles very high maintenance. Short type 2B and up hair sticks up or out because it doesn’t have the weight to hold it down. Her hair never, ever looks frizzy, and her baby hairs are always, always flat and pointing downwards rather than up or out.

Even in her mini plaits there’s no frizz and it still looks shiny.

Plus she would definitely make being a “curly girl” her personality if she had any kind of type 2 hair and we’d never hear the end of the amount of care it needs.

Reactions: 24
Well Sali has managed to release her book so she’s ahead of Jack on that, and the onion chopping, tweakments and owning a dog. No wonder Jack opted to paint her face Grunka Lunka orange, it’s the only way to get ahead of La Hughes!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
To be fair , it’s pretty much impossible to work out what Jack’s natural hair is like because we’ve seen her with so many styles, and wigs and filters. This is not a great picture to show it - it was something daft for the f+d thread, hence the bride to be sash 😂but it’s the only picture I have to hand of multiple Jacks
F7192198-706E-47D3-A9A1-5C3405C7514A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I dunno I think I'd place her in the 1s, if we look at the Cherie Blair and DKL eras 🤔
I've always thought she's broken her nose recently and then... well, snowy conditions in Sarfend don't help either.
A broken hooter might also explain why she sounds like she's got two fingers stuffed up her nose permanently...

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Something deeply weird is going on with Jack's nose. Why so bulbous, here? #nosetruther
She smooshed it with face tune when she carved that line out of the cheek on the right of the pic. We all know she’s got a big round moon face really (apologies @Moon Face )

She’s definitely in the 2s as she can hold a curl. See terrifying lost bobble vid. Love from a 1b.

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
To be fair , it’s pretty much impossible to work out what Jack’s natural hair is like because we’ve seen her with so many styles, and wigs and filters. This is not a great picture to show it - it was something daft for the f+d thread, hence the bride to be sash 😂but it’s the only picture I have to hand of multiple Jacks
I think she really suits her hair that shade of red in the middle picture.

Also, I’m kind of gutted that there’s not a fake Matt Tebbut Instagram account out there.

• Haha
Reactions: 19

A light moment to quote myself to show my brother's dog's miserable snooty natural expression.

In this photo the dog is on a hammock in the sun, with her favourite person, her "this is my baby cat", living her best life, yet looking like someone stole her pumble. Content may not be sad!

Screenshot_20220718-091813_Messenger.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
She smooshed it with face tune when she carved that line out of the cheek on the right of the pic. We all know she’s got a big round moon face really (apologies @Moon Face )

She’s definitely in the 2s as she can hold a curl. See terrifying lost bobble vid. Love from a 1b.
1C’s can hold a curl, but never seen her have frizz in any photo whether styled or not, I will eat a pigskin hat if she’s any variety of type 2.

Reactions: 11
I completely agree. It's bloody dreadful and I don't know any women who 'just sailed through it'. They may have thought they just had to put up and shut up as it's 'a natural process' 🙄. We have oestrogen receptors all over our bodies so it's no wonder that we have so many weird and awful symptoms from reducing levels.
Mine came really early, at 37. The one thing I regret is not going to the doctor to try and get some help, but I think that was because I was in denial. 37? My mother died suddenly at the same time, so I put it down to stress until I couldn't use that excuse any more. Too many days and nights standing in front of an open freezer and intense headaches, oh, and the brain fog amongst other things. I wouldn't wish it on anyone. Sorry to any ladies who are yet to experience it, but I know it's also different for everyone so hopefully it will be a little easier for you. A plus: no more worrying that you are going to leak at the worst moment possible.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Also, I’m kind of gutted that there’s not a fake Matt Tebbut Instagram account out there.
Something like this?!

@SirMatt

profile pic:
6F681711-AE4B-4161-BE9D-7CC2936907AA.gif

Rather than liking that pic this morning, I wish he’d just posted “Terrible” and left it at that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Diary of Jack Monroe, PRIVATE 🌸 🌟
1658100898528.png

17th July
Dear diary,
Braided my hair today. Guess what, it all went wrong because some mean people online called it appropriation!!! Like didn't they realise I'm 1/4 Greek Cypriot! HELLO? :cautious: Speaking of mean people, Harold still didn't reply to my text with a picture of the dog. The text said, "Hello Harold! I miss when u used to fill my bowl!!" Showed mother and she said maybe I shouldn't have written it from the dog's point of view. Then she did the dishes and went home in a mood. OMG why do people have to be so negative!!
18th June: MIDNIGHT. Took braids out. Dyeing hair tomorrow. I'm going to go back to my Greek roots and go for a risky BLUE (like the flag!!! love you Hellada!!! 🇬🇷). Lots of people will have something to say but guess what, I DON'T CARE xxx Jack Monroe (34)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.