Jack Monroe #340 Not a professional account

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am sorely tempted to pay a random visitor to the book festival to ask a difficult question of the grifting smol pixie.
I live ~Edinburgh adjacent~ and am tempted to pop along for a day out myself. I could try and measure her while her backs turned and settle this height debate once and for all! Too creepy? Okay I’ll just settle for the perennial question “how do you sleep at night?”.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 56
Come on lads. I've got a LONG and ARDUOUS journey this afternoon, taking my son to his theory driving test. I don't need these earworms, it'll be bad enough. Have a heart!

Well, don't say I didn't warn you. You've only got yourself to blame 😂.
Good luck Master NellieBoo!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I live ~Edinburgh adjacent~ and am tempted to pop along for a day out myself. I could try and measure her while her backs turned and settle this height debate once and for all! Too creepy? Okay I’ll just settle for the perennial question “how do you sleep at night?”.
Completed it.

494AF664-1FD1-4E37-AC72-DE104741600D.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Will you use one of those retractable measures so if she turns you can quickly press the button and move on whistling innocently? 😗

I have been rewatching Peep Show recently for the 365th time and I can’t help but think of presenter training with this scene…

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Got so annoyed at the bitter homo/biphobia accusation. But was reminded that Jack was so over the moon before that them and OH had such similar tastes (they'd be twinning on every floor of John Lewis*- millinery, crockery and menswear). It's just another example of how Jack kind of amalgamates and/or derides something someone in their lives has said just based on how their ego is fairing that day.
I'm not giving any legitimacy to there being a rule of lesbian dressing at all but we've read how Jack does. And in Jack's company could you imagine the things you'd fake a chuckle at while trying not to visibly recoil in disbelief at what you've just seen or heard, while also trying to process how it's not what you just saw or heard last week/yesterday/an hour ago.

*Maybe future musical canal inspiration could be the Are You Being Served?/Ladytron song for the infinite departments and multiple floors of dusty crap in the crappy bungalow (tm Jack Monroe).
Ha actually Jack lives in a house that looks more like the pretty Liberty building than most homes in the country do!
I think he probably said you dress appallingly and she took it as a dig at her lesbian lifestyle, because to her she think she's dresses quite trendy and yes I imagine she uses the word trendy like all old people do about fashion.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
i dont think you should keep schtum, HTRIA, you've been so good in giving us the detail on the Patreon income. Not everyone on this forum agrees with everything that's said, but that's no reason not to contribute.

On your comment re: signing up in bad faith - i think i disagree. Whether i signed up in good faith, bad faith or no faith, Jack has created tiers with offers attached to each one. Regardless of the subscribers faith, Jack hasn't kept up her end of the bargain and i dont think she could weedle out of it by saying the person was out to get her.
What about the 🐝 Welsh bees lady? She was blocked and others were too. They weren't out to get her, they were asking for services which they'd paid for and which were not honoured.
I've gone a long way round for a short cut, here. My point is, the only person acting in bad faith here is Jack Monroe.
This is what I think too.

It’s not in bad faith to investigate a scammer.

Jack is offering products and services via Patreon which she is not providing. All customers that subscribe to her Patreon are valid customers.

It’s not like many of the other customers sign up just for her crappy recipe cards, they only sign up because they feel sorry for the prat. Which isn’t really a common motivation for a customer either.

Reactions: 38
I was in a meeting this afternoon and there were 4 lesbians in the same room. 2 of which (a couple) were wearing the same outfit. Maybe I missed the lesbian dress code memo 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
I was in a meeting this afternoon and there were 4 lesbians in the same room. 2 of which (a couple) were wearing the same outfit. Maybe I missed the lesbian dress code memo 🤔
Harold would have walked straight out of there. He can't be dealing with that.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Happy to chip in for this 🙋‍♀️ A little bit worried that there are 25 photos from varying angles but nothing of the interior. I'm sure we can spruce it up with some Strawberry Thief curtains and a couple of sideboards. Got a SUP and a kayak so can ferry a few of us over.
I’m in.
I will provide dandelions for over the bath

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I'm dreading the book festival. She's on on a Thursday, which is one of my work days, and it's about a 6 minute walk from my office. Mercifully she's not on at the Art College venues, which are definitely the best bit, I honestly don't know what I would do if I ran into her in the wild. probably just shout a random word like..."postcards!"

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Don't answer if this will triangulate you, but did the Hers & Hers outfit include pigskin hats?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I'm dreading the book festival. She's on on a Thursday, which is one of my work days, and it's about a 6 minute walk from my office. Mercifully she's not on at the Art College venues, which are definitely the best bit, I honestly don't know what I would do if I ran into her in the wild. probably just shout a random word like..."postcards!"
It would be strange to see her in real life, but at least you could confirm that she actually exists.
Everything about her is so completely bonkers that sometimes I think it must all be made up by some AI alien bot.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
It's only a few weeks back that Wacko said she was feeding the in-laws EVERY SUNDAY, it's no wonder lil ole Harold (sorry, can't even think the word Harold without saying 'Arold! 'Arold! ...if you know, you know;) 😁 ) LEFT. Did her mammy suddenly stop providing her with roast dinners at that point in time?

I know I'm being pedantic, but her out of context and over/misuse of the ~tilde~ is just ridiculous and really grinds my gears! She used it around "I" but it makes literally - and forensically - no sense! Is she saying, as per the explanation below, that she is an approximation of I? Or does she have Portuguese in her bones as well as ALLLLL the other nationalities?
  • an accent (~) placed over Spanish n when pronounced ny (as in señor ) or Portuguese a or o when nasalized (as in São Paulo ), or over a vowel in phonetic transcription, indicating nasalization.
  • a symbol similar to a tilde used in mathematics and logic to indicate negation, inversion, etc.
  • In informal writing, a tilde is sometimes used before a number to mean “about” or “approximately.” For example, a sentence that reads I think my dog weighs ~20 pounds means I think my dog weighs about/around 20 pounds. This usage is likely based on the math usage of the tilde symbol to mean an approximate equivalency.
See, published-author Jack? NO SENSE! LITERALLY

BIB - strangely, that bit does work for Jack 👃👃👃

Morning all!:coffee:
This massively annoys me to! I feel like she’s is trying to make a point more interesting/valid by doing this. It’s on the same lines as when someone uses all capitals or loads of swear words to make a point when in reality you have just made yourself look worse 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Harold would have walked straight out of there. He can't be dealing with that.
There was a 5th woman in the room wearing a dress so I’m guessing she must be heterosexual and would have made things easier for poor old Harold. Things were different when he was a lad. There were none of these gay people around… Someone told me yesterday that as they grew up in a village they didn’t meet a gay person until they were in their 20s. I’m sure you did and didn’t know because people don’t always advertise their sexuality. The lesbians in her village must have been dress wearers.

Don't answer if this will triangulate you, but did the Hers & Hers outfit include pigskin hats?
No. No stompy boots either.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 36
Jack's tilde abuse is straight out of the Myspace era, and as a former teenage Livejournaller I kind of love it.

BTW I'm still mulling over the dressing like a lesbian thing. Obviously there is no official lesbian dress code, but...well, I suppose the stereotype that would come to mind is butch, and Jack doesn't dress that way? She did a bit many years ago, when she had short hair and was the most lesbian lesbian ever to have lesbianed, but those days are long gone, and the last time she showed off her famous masculine aesthetic it was with a cable knit jumper.

Unless pig skin hats and expensive pastel jumpers are particularly sapphic and I am unaware of this, I would almost suspect that Jack herself made the comment? Like, "Ooh look out Harold, I dress like a lesbian, no one will think we're together?"
Didn't Jack say that she and the most recent OH dressed the same? When she was wanging on about them practically married because they have matching mugs and the same taste in clothes?

So OH hated the way Jack dressed even though they dress the same way? If that's true (incapable of lying 😉) then why would Jack want to remain friends with someone like this?

It's just occurred to me that perhaps the reason OH didn't like the way Jack dressed was because they realised that she was starting to dress just like them which is, as Jack might put it, a bit~weird~Pal.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
You did warn us, to be fair! Put it down to being delirious today after all the heat and having had work done on the house I've been confined to my one room. But I had wifi, so all was not lost. Which is why I started reading Tattle, then signed up and I've been introduced to a world of pumbles, slop, grunking and smol pixie antics. It has been joyous. 💜
(Also discovered this is very civilised thread, some of the others are 😬).
That should say forum, not thread! Not very good with the technical terms on t'internet. 🙄

Reactions: 20
Harold got so angry he punched a wall: "why must they flaunt it with their outfits and tattoos? Some of them would look smashing if they made the effort."

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.