Jack Monroe #340 Not a professional account

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Ostapbender for the thread title. Your prize is a small, but meaningful tattoo (catch: it must be of one of Jack’s drawings). Words by a squig who had a pretty good point.

Recap of last thread:

1. Jack went to two different AA meetings to collect her one year sobriety chip. She apparently gave SB one ‘quite nervously, but v casually’ and he went to sleep with it next to his head.
2. Jack has booked herself in for a ‘small but incredibly meaningful’ tattoo to fill in a gap on her wrist, and to say f you to her most recent exes who didn’t like tattooed women such as herself. And who also said she dressed like a lesbian.
3. Please fill in anything I’ve missed.

A polite reminder to all, that to keep the thread working well for everyone please remember there is the Food and Drink thread for off topic chats.
Also, new thread = time to say bye bye to all the walrus content.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ when nominating one, no swears and say hi to the wiki if you’re new.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 98
Recap add-

She doesn't have rheumatoid arthritis, she now is sure it's osteo, and needs a shoulder replacement. All whilst flogging potato peelers.

This came after an afternoon with her mother who was also at home making her a bland plate of roast dinner for her brother to walk over. Yes that makes sense. Indeed.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Recap add-

She doesn't have rheumatoid arthritis, she now is sure it's osteo, and needs a shoulder replacement. All whilst flogging potato peelers.

This came after an afternoon with her mother who was also at home making her a bland plate of roast dinner for her brother to walk over. Yes that makes sense. Indeed.
Perhaps the switch and bait has come from her mum, who actually has RA, saying something along the lines of “you know, that’s not something I’ve ever experienced, sounds unusual for RA” and the lie nearly unravelled.

“Yes, because it’s probably osteoarthritis mammy! The worst they’ve ever seen!”

• Haha
Reactions: 57
The This Morning, three meals for £5 clip is 🦉 🍾 👨‍🍳.

It made me hoot so much I fell fully out of my nighthammock.
“I think it’s safe to say that nobody will be making these three meals” said plucky squig.

I’ve has a conniption. Send OHos in big cars.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Osteoarthritis is usually caused by wear and tear. I doubt that stirring her slop is enough to cause strain on her joints!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
15EC39F9-EE71-4E88-BCF9-8D13D8C17D32.jpeg

Also hooting at the surprising forensic nature of the DM in this article.

Hmm, mysterious how that bountiful basket only cost £5. But how?

1. reached out for Jack’s representatives. 😂 They don’t exist but you got Jacko with a lil quote.
2. Caught in a lie, repeat same nonsense advice twice about “buy in bulk” not easy for regular poor folk without tip jars.

EBDC44A6-C7F4-43F1-AC28-FD10F06EEBAF.jpeg

The “£5” basket. Even Tom Parker-Bowles knows that costs more than £5, come on now Jack.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
I think when we've looked at this before, there's nothing they can do aside from cancelling their sub, if unhappy 😕

• Sad
Reactions: 34
On the last thread we saw that one of Jacks Patreons has requested a refund.

I can’t see the comments on Patreon, but I wonder if the person who asked for a refund is the journalist squig? If so, it might play out differently.

New midnight thread on a full moon night, oooh! Thanks Poca!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I think when we've looked at this before, there's nothing they can do aside from cancelling their sub, if unhappy 😕
They could look at pursuing a small claim but it might not be worthwhile once you take the fees and time into account, particularly as Jack doesn't open her mail so they'd likely have to take enforcement action. I suspect the best one could hope for is a SPITE judgement.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Spiful trifle (orange flavour) all round lads, I for one am here for Fack devaluing Harold, because he isn’t on social media. And we all know that if it’s not on his social media, it’s just elsewhere on the internet, pumbling along, he doesn’t have to read it, then that’s fine. It doesn’t count, does it Jack? Unless what you’re doing is making allegations of homophobia about someone, to your stupidly large platform, like a big old troll.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
I have deleted my comment. Sorry for being annoying, but I am reluctant to comment on anything I cannot see first hand.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
On behalf of The Poors can I just lodge my objection to that awful fuel heat/eat vid on the last thread? I get that it’s difficult to explain things to the chattering Guardianista classes, but putting people in a restaurant and literally making it cold then taking their dinner off them if they ask for the air con to be turned off, times 3+ To demonstrate the difficult choices poor people face in choosing food or fuel is utterly, bewilderingly offensive.

• Heart
Reactions: 97
Also, new thread = time to say bye bye to all the walrus content.
Why gnash teeth?
Walrus grief. :(

In the last thread, someone also posted an old video of Jack's spoken word poetry. It was unbearable. A few tattlers died from cringe. RIP poor souls.

On behalf of The Poors can I just lodge my objection to that awful fuel heat/eat vid on the last thread? I get that it’s difficult to explain things to the chattering Guardianista classes, but putting people in a restaurant and literally making it cold then taking their dinner off them if they ask for the air con to be turned off, times 3+ To demonstrate the difficult choices poor people face in choosing food or fuel is utterly, bewilderingly offensive.
It's also unnecessary. Surely people can understand the concept without needing to participate in a strange poverty simulation event.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.