Jack Monroe #340 Not a professional account

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Come on lads. I've got a LONG and ARDUOUS journey this afternoon, taking my son to his theory driving test. I don't need these earworms, it'll be bad enough. Have a heart!

I've just watch 5 mins of it. I cringed so hard it was a better workout on my pelvic floor than my pilates class this morning.
Well, don't say I didn't warn you. You've only got yourself to blame 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I have no idea why (other than that I’m supposed to be BUSY at work), but I’ve just thought of the below two things together and I’m flopping about and maniacally and performatively cackling like a slop cook who’s just implied in an interview that they fist their partner laughing greatly.

B2F9A6CA-006F-422F-8A7B-694DC0A04DE2.jpeg
D058C8F4-EE8E-4CAD-8DD1-AFDE9E9EC189.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I'm a bit lost... who should be providing evidence and to who?
What I meant was it was a wholly unverified claim. Anyone could go on Twitter and claim to be a) signed up as a paying Patreon sub and b) a journalist, but not actually be either. She’s provided evidence between my first comment you’ve quoted and this comment though so that is no longer applicable.

But the point still stands that the comment *on* the patreon page is definitive evidence as you can only comment as a paying subscriber. The other tweets (iirc a sample size of 2?) are more credible as they began by asking how to get the postcards etc and appeared to be from well intended accounts, but until they post receipts or on the page no one can know for sure.

@colouredlines’ comment spoke on this well.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
What I meant was it was a wholly unverified claim. Anyone could go on Twitter and claim to be a) signed up as a paying Patreon sub and b) a journalist, but not actually be either. She’s provided evidence between my first comment you’ve quoted and this comment though so that is no longer applicable.

But the point still stands that the comment *on* the patreon page is definitive evidence as you can only comment as a paying subscriber. The other tweets (iirc a sample size of 2?) are more credible as they began by asking how to get the postcards etc and appeared to be from well intended accounts, but until they post receipts or on the page no one can know for sure.

@colouredlines’ comment spoke on this well.
Journo squig did post a screenshot of the patreon invoice.

She signed up to make a point, but she still paid for a service.

Reactions: 39
Noooo she must be the smolest of the small little starving pixies. If she was 5ft6 she’d just be an ordinary boring grown woman without a job who sits at home all day. But being teeny tiny makes her super scrappy and vulnerable
E56FD16F-707F-4046-857A-ED51756395DC.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Journo squig did post a screenshot of the patreon invoice.

She signed up to make a point, but she still paid for a service.
Thank you - was the invoice posted prior to today out of interest pls? I don’t go in the Twitter trenches to see these comments so apologies if she had posted it previously. But as CL rightly points out, if you sign up for something in bad faith then 🤷🏻‍♀️

Have clearly upset someone for the initial comment tho so will keep schtum on it. Good luck to em 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Come on lads. I've got a LONG and ARDUOUS journey this afternoon, taking my son to his theory driving test. I don't need these earworms, it'll be bad enough. Have a heart!

Well, don't say I didn't warn you. You've only got yourself to blame 😂.
You did warn us, to be fair! Put it down to being delirious today after all the heat and having had work done on the house I've been confined to my one room. But I had wifi, so all was not lost. Which is why I started reading Tattle, then signed up and I've been introduced to a world of pumbles, slop, grunking and smol pixie antics. It has been joyous. 💜
(Also discovered this is very civilised thread, some of the others are 😬).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Was too late to comment on the previous thread. Her tinder profile stated non smoker, I thought she was a vaper?🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 31
*Deep breath*
Gooooo tell it on the mountain! Jack Monroe has cooked some slop.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Thank you - was the invoice posted prior to today out of interest pls? I don’t go in the Twitter trenches to see these comments so apologies if she had posted it previously. But as CL rightly points out, if you sign up for something in bad faith then 🤷🏻‍♀️

Have clearly upset someone for the initial comment tho so will keep schtum on it. Good luck to em 🤷🏻‍♀️
Just checked, it was posted on 4th July and again in today's tweet tagging patreon.

I can't quite remember what their beef was, I think it's in an earlier thread, something to do with an actual online troll/stalker type I think. Or I might be thinking of someone else.

Edit to add - I think jack knows they are trying to bait her and she also knows not to call that squig out. it's all a little bit pointless imo and I guess only useful if people search twitter for Jack Monroe patreon etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Got so annoyed at the bitter homo/biphobia accusation. But was reminded that Jack was so over the moon before that them and OH had such similar tastes (they'd be twinning on every floor of John Lewis*- millinery, crockery and menswear). It's just another example of how Jack kind of amalgamates and/or derides something someone in their lives has said just based on how their ego is fairing that day.
I'm not giving any legitimacy to there being a rule of lesbian dressing at all but we've read how Jack does. And in Jack's company could you imagine the things you'd fake a chuckle at while trying not to visibly recoil in disbelief at what you've just seen or heard, while also trying to process how it's not what you just saw or heard last week/yesterday/an hour ago.

*Maybe future musical canal inspiration could be the Are You Being Served?/Ladytron song for the infinite departments and multiple floors of dusty crap in the crappy bungalow (tm Jack Monroe).
Ha actually Jack lives in a house that looks more like the pretty Liberty building than most homes in the country do!

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Was too late to comment on the previous thread. Her tinder profile stated non smoker, I thought she was a vaper?🤔
It also stated that she was a pocket rocket. Being a woman of the world, it is my understanding that this is in fact a pocket rocket.

Unlike an actual pocket rocket, however, slopzilla is neither powerful, quiet, nor compact. She is, however, a bleeping tool. I’ll give her that.
4BEF8A4A-8194-46CB-A571-E23C15CFB8A0.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
I would count vaping as smoking but some people (probably people who vape) don't. It doesn't for one second surprise me that Jack thinks 'vaper' is interchangeable with 'non-smoker'.

Nope.
Looks haunted.
Or some escaped animals from medical experiments.
BIB walri
On topic-ish: I wonder how they get their post?

• Haha
Reactions: 38

i dont think you should keep schtum, HTRIA, you've been so good in giving us the detail on the Patreon income. Not everyone on this forum agrees with everything that's said, but that's no reason not to contribute.

On your comment re: signing up in bad faith - i think i disagree. Whether i signed up in good faith, bad faith or no faith, Jack has created tiers with offers attached to each one. Regardless of the subscribers faith, Jack hasn't kept up her end of the bargain and i dont think she could weedle out of it by saying the person was out to get her.
What about the 🐝 Welsh bees lady? She was blocked and others were too. They weren't out to get her, they were asking for services which they'd paid for and which were not honoured.
I've gone a long way round for a short cut, here. My point is, the only person acting in bad faith here is Jack Monroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 81
I agree actually. Money is money to Jack. So it doesn't really matter if someone signed up trying to prove a point, money still went to Jack and she still provided nothing.

Eurgh she's such a weasel.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.