Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Poor Jack, having to be in the same huge bungalow as someone having Zoom calls.

It's not like you could.....go upstairs or into a different room in your house and pretend to work is it?

The fella and I were locked down in London (he RENTS!) in a one bed flat without a garden. So we had to listen to each others Zooms most of the time and if he had a call at the same time as me I had to go into the bedroom because his computer is hardwired. We managed.

No fancy noise cancelling headphones whilst I changed my Twitter bio for the billionth time 🙄
I've just had horrible flashbacks to lockdown 1. I developed a quick 'trigger finger' over the zoom camera icon because my OH (I have one, did you know?) KEPT APPEARING in the background of zoom meetings 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
My biggest takeaway from raising 4 boys into adulthood is that treating them like toddlers when they're teens is a total disaster. They want as much control and responsibility as they can get and they're trying to understand who they are as people in a world where they get constant pressure to be conflicting kinds of masculine all at once, and reducing that down to "smelly shouty hormone vessels" is disrespectful.

Positioning her child as either a scoffing, smelly, shouty hormonal pig, or a complete angel, really gets my goat (leg). Why can't she treat him like a normal human being? Sending him outside to play fetch X times is so weird (also what happens on the day when he just says no?). Be different if she said "I'm going to go outside and chuck the ball about with Content for a bit to calm down. If you want to join me, that's great; if you don't, that's ok too."

One thing I insisted upon with our kids is that we've never sent them out the house when they're in trouble. It's their home and it's never a place they're not allowed to be.

I'm going to risk disagreeing in certain circumstances - the kids who have been forced to parent their parents, coach them to eat, check they're not dead because they're bleeping off their tits again, are held responsible for propping up somebody's moods when they've been dumped by yet another person from the long list of people coming in and out of their lives, have been publicly humiliated when they're the only grown up in the house and have never really known a time when they can be carefree, happy children - they can absolutely reject responsibility.

Because they've had it forced upon them two decades too early by incompetent, irresponsible and infinitely irritating parents.

And once they're at a point where they feel they're large enough, smart enough and finally see exactly how abominably their emotional needs have been ignored in favour of the parent - they argue. They shout. They stay on the step because they don't trust the adult not to completely lose their tit physically or accuse them of attacking them, but they shout and stamp.

SB is reaching the end of his tether - and I reckon that it won't be long before he just doesn't go round anymore.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Cables, I'm coming to the future on account of OH having to take the 🦉 and 🍾 off me for 😂 so much at my own little idea of a sub thread
💥Mentattle Health, Go Well, Pal! 💥 🤩
Goodnight 🙃xx
#jackisacunt

• Haha
Reactions: 37
She writes a lot of things that make it very clear she never was the primary caregiver to a toddler…? I have no doubt puppies will tit from the windows to the walls but how could they possibly generate more washing than a vomiting toddler with bed linen, clothes, towels, for both them and you? And the teddies or car seats or your actual car seats/carpets! It’s not adding up for me ☕

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
I'm going to risk disagreeing in certain circumstances - the kids who have been forced to parent their parents, coach them to eat, check they're not dead because they're bleeping off their tits again, are held responsible for propping up somebody's moods when they've been dumped by yet another person from the long list of people coming in and out of their lives, have been publicly humiliated when they're the only grown up in the house and have never really known a time when they can be carefree, happy children - they can absolutely reject responsibility.

Because they've had it forced upon them two decades too early by incompetent, irresponsible and infinitely irritating parents.

And once they're at a point where they feel they're large enough, smart enough and finally see exactly how abominably their emotional needs have been ignored in favour of the parent - they argue. They shout. They stay on the step because they don't trust the adult not to completely lose their tit physically or accuse them of attacking them, but they shout and stamp.

SB is reaching the end of his tether - and I reckon that it won't be long before he just doesn't go round anymore.
Spot on, thanks. I hope he has good people around and what's been said about his Dad being sound is true. He deserves the most stable life

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I think the puppy is SBs - rather than what fack has told us. And after seeing last weeks video, where she ordered him to tidy up a bit of plastic, I hope he is standing up to her. No is not a word Jacksie thinks applies to her....bit like a nail brush and declaring your taxes. But it does. Go SB.
Agreed. I think it’s SB’s dog and the dad brings it around on the morning for the evenings she has SB, or maybe he just brings them both around after school. There’s not been enough Content content and she can’t help but share stuff for likes. Something doesn’t add up - and it’s not her shopping list for a change. 🧐

• Haha
Reactions: 59
She writes a lot of things that make it very clear she never was the primary caregiver to a toddler…? I have no doubt puppies will tit from the windows to the walls but how could they possibly generate more washing than a vomiting toddler with bed linen, clothes, towels, for both them and you? And the teddies or car seats or your actual car seats/carpets! It’s not adding up for me ☕
I agree! We fostered 3 puppies a couple of years ago. They didn't create anywhere near as much laundry between them as my son did as a toddler or has done since!

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I don't know why this thing about chicken and puppies keeps being repeated. The easiest food for puppies to digest is soft meat, possibly some raw egg and boiled rice.
My dog is a rescue and I didn’t have him from pup age. If he has an upset stomach he has boiled rice and some carrot. When I lived at home and we had a pup, my mum made it lightly scrambled egg when it had an upset tummy.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
My dog is a rescue and I didn’t have him from pup age. If he has an upset stomach he has boiled rice and some carrot. When I lived at home and we had a pup, my mum made it lightly scrambled egg when it had an upset tummy.
Scrambly egg, surely? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Scamberley, actually. Now please duck off and leave me and my dog to enjoy the rest of our evening.
Do you have a scamberley egg recipe Laz? I can't work out how to scramble eggs and there's no possible other way to find out. Thanks for all you do

• Haha
Reactions: 66
I give mine scrambled egg.
Puppies shouldn’t be made to run a lot, their bones aren’t strong enough. Chasing the occasional ball is harmless, but not used as exercise, not until they are grown.

Reactions: 35
I would have thought going on testosterone wouldn’t make someone tired given it’s performance enhancing effects for athletes?
I doesn't as far as I'm aware. It's given to women going through the peri menopause if HRT doesn't work for brain fog and crashing fatigue.

ETA By HRT I mean estrogen, and progesterone if you are still menstruating. Just to be clear. God knows we need to be very clear about these things.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
Just reading this and hear baby cucumber coughing then throwing up via the monitor. His bedding, clothes and my clothes plus towel from the bath will fill the washing machine easily. So can confirm babies generate a lot of washing.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 50
Do you have a scamberley egg recipe Laz? I can't work out how to scramble eggs and there's no possible other way to find out. Thanks for all you do
Yes, absolutely! X

it’s in book 12.

Two teaspoons of turmeric (4p),
half a can of aquafaba (11p)
drizzle of cold oil (0.8p)
rind of a sad, bottom of the fridge lemon (free as I had it in already),
one egg (smart price caged, sad hen 7p)
put it all in a blender (£150 though cheaper options available and I found mine by the roadside),
then into a slow cooker overnight (£80 RRP but I got mine in a charity shop for a quid).
serves 4 hungry mouths with enough left over for the community kitchen mid week. It’s Geoffs favourite.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 84
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.