Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This feels rather redundant given yesterday's literary/anarchist chaos, but have we had any hint on how the visits from the accountant and OH went?
I ‘imagine’ they went well.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
100% this.

I couldn't count the number of times I was asked to "nip to auntie so and so and see if she's got a few spuds I can borrow". Or shilling for the meter, or few rounds of bread, or a bucket of coal for the fire.

By the way, everyone was our auntie, as most of my true aunties lived in Wales.
I tell you what’s more, anyone robbing your House would have had to leave the country never mind a wee note.
They were violent places filled with angry men

• Heart
Reactions: 35
9E137A76-43DA-444C-B342-AB040F9A2AA4.jpeg

So let me get this timeline correct? In March she was in an “endless cycle of perpetual personal dissatisfaction”. Poor Jack. Perpetually endless. That must have been quite something. ANYWAY, wasn’t deliciously ordinary OH of the big car who she’s devastated at losing knocking around back then? So she was either in this relationship she’s devastated at losing while in a miasma of personal discontent, or the OH she’s devastated at losing wasn’t even around in early March. I don’t really care either way, mind you. It’s just more in the cycle of perpetually endless performative nonsense.

And Jack, you pathetic twee twit, you may feel as cute as a tiny shiny button, but you look as shite as a rancid leg of mutton. So there’s that.

• Haha
Reactions: 83
So if King Boris goes today will Jack the brambly pumble step in? Lmao
We’ll have an avalanche of beardy brocalist types posting “Jack you should be PM! #fuckthetories pls have sex with me so lonely”.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Can I just blow my own trumpet here and say that I was a thread behind but I hadn’t realised, I came across the most brilliant comment re writing style making me wish I’d never learnt to read and then I spent five minutes trying to figure out why I couldn’t quote it to say please someone, anyone make this a thread title. Eventually I copped on that there must be another thread, went to find it and lo and behold…. It’s the thread title 🤣🤣🤣🤣. Quite proud of my spotting a star/ publishing prowess, unlike jacks bloody publisher.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84
I have never seen a Jack book real life ever.I really want to find some now so I can do things to them.
Is it too early to crack open the owl champagne at "so I can do things to them"? 😂

I think my favourite thing about this sentence is that I'm sure a lot of loyal squigs would also love to "do things" to Jack's books, but very different "things" 🤢😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
I'm going to my local Waterstones today to hide the two copies of her books left on the shelves. Might hide them in the fantasy section. (Or tip them down the back of the display). You could do this too! And thank you for your kind words. It's lovely to read. frauen are great xx
I was in Waterstones yesterday. After perusing Nosh for One, caught sight of a lone copy of Veganish.

Interesting fact. Waterstones file Jamie Oliver, by author name, but not Jack Monroe. It is almost as if she isn't very popular.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 58
We’ll have an avalanche of beardy brocalist types posting “Jack you should be PM! #fuckthetories pls have sex with me so lonely”.
Surely lonely people/weebs/involuntarily celibate types would turn their noses up at a woman who let's a dog lick their.....leg. Yes...leg

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I know someone mentioned the dog emoji earlier, I didn't realise she had changed her entire bio, after changing it as recently as... last week

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 13.11.29.png

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
So its likely the worst PM we've ever had is going to be toppled this week and the forensic political writer hasn't even mentioned it? I'm guessing this is either because she knows a change of government will the end of her grift or she's waiting to see what hot take to make her own

Reactions: 34
Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 13.13.55.png

Edited to add background: TD has had some things stolen from her allotment. I bet her veg patch is loved and taken cared of. A Jack allotment would be overgrown and neglected.

Screenshot 2022-07-06 at 13.18.14.png

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
So its likely the worst PM we've ever had is going to be toppled this week and the forensic political writer hasn't even mentioned it? I'm guessing this is either because she knows a change of government will the end of her grift or she's waiting to see what hot take to make her own
No doubt she thinks she could do a better job. She played CSI on the original Xbox, and saw an episode of NCIS. She is forensic

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.