Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm honestly thinking of rioting if I see another holier than thou twit assuming that all theft is to alleviate poverty. You can spot the people who've never had very little and then had what little they have nicked a mile off. I'd love to know what research these poor starving thieves do to make sure the person they're stealing from can afford to take the hit. In any case, most crime including theft occurs in the most economically deprived areas and it's galling to see some lazy grifter in her £800,000 palace casually solving poverty with "let the poor rob each other": Patreon for me, survival of the fittest for thee. And that goes for all her stupid squigs too. SH1TTERZ.
God, BIB: Patreon for me, survival of the fittest for thee.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
5A229FD1-4C4C-416D-BAFD-C52A533993E4.jpeg

@Lazarus, the thread had closed before I saw your post. As much as it pains me to agree with her, I don’t mind Jack calling AA attendees a group of drunks. They do it in my area too, and it’s used because the first word of the Serenity Prayer is “God” and God is also part of Step 3. I believe the forefathers (and certainly people since) were worried that religious terminology would turn folk away and put them off, so it can be used as an acronym - e.g Group of Drunks or Gathering of Drunks, Good Orderly Direction. if she’d called them Gaggle of Dickwads then a) I probably wouldn’t be massively surprised and b) I would have been offended for them.

(As always, this is just my view. People in AA might not like being collectively called any of the above and that’s fair dos too)

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Crikey. I wonder if anyone has contacted Superdrug directly about her behaviour. It's not good is it ! I assume she's already been paid.

Reactions: 38
Crikey. I wonder if anyone has contacted Superdrug directly about her behaviour. It's not good is it ! I assume she's already been paid.
To be fair she's been so tit at her job I can't imagine anyone beyond these forums is even aware she's "working" with them

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Is it okay if someone robs her house if they are poor then. Poor of Southend, there you go, she’s got loads of stuff, including a full pantry.
I'm sure this is why she didn't report her 'burglaries' to the police, she was minding her own bleeping business and not telling anyone. Except all of Twitter 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 52
I'm creeping in here gently cause I've been told youre all lovely!
I have a question about JR but for the love of me I'm starting to think I've imagined the following scenario because I can't find a single thing about it!
Didn't she at one point claim to be transitioning? Bought a chest binder and everything.
And then, nothing. Does ANYONE know if she ever addressed it? Or am I going completely insane??
You most definitely did not imagine it.

I don't know that she ever publically walked back the testosterone/binder/double-mastectomy-plans, but in this fairly nauseating interview she asks the interviewer to use the pronoun "she".

Reactions: 29
I was in Waterstones yesterday. After perusing Nosh for One, caught sight of a lone copy of Veganish.

Interesting fact. Waterstones file Jamie Oliver, by author name, but not Jack Monroe. It is almost as if she isn't very popular.
Surprised she wasn’t in the bargain bin

• Haha
Reactions: 25
View attachment 1396401

@Lazarus, the thread had closed before I saw your post. As much as it pains me to agree with her, I don’t mind Jack calling AA attendees a group of drunks. They do it in my area too, and it’s used because the first word of the Serenity Prayer is “God” and God is also part of Step 3. I believe the forefathers (and certainly people since) were worried that religious terminology would turn folk away and put them off, so it can be used as an acronym - e.g Group of Drunks or Gathering of Drunks, Good Orderly Direction. if she’d called them Gaggle of Dickwads then a) I probably wouldn’t be massively surprised and b) I would have been offended for them.

(As always, this is just my view. People in AA might not like being collectively called any of the above and that’s fair dos too)
As I've said before, to be honest, as an atheist, I have a lot of issues with AA and other groups insisting on belief in a "higher power", which, however you frame it, is by definition religion.

Obviously it works for a lot of people, and that's fine, but it would 100% put me off getting involved in it if it was ever necessary.

Reactions: 34
And you must never, ever, ever, ever steal her recipes. Yes, Jamie Oliver, I am looking at you.
Speaking of, I saw this online and HOWLED. I think this might be why OH with the big car LEFT. Plot twist! Old Harold was a double agent!

8195E189-BDEF-4C67-BACF-E8A4020091ED.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Ooh, I have some additions to the OK to steal list!
From Superdrug: anything you need for personal care.
From supermarket chains that pay their execs £5mil: anything?? 'Cause "duck them".

View attachment 1396369
View attachment 1396370
Superdrug has ended their association haven't they?

Must be because when Jack gave her talk she urged the staff to stand up And demand a decent wage. Just after she told them to ignore shop lifting.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
odd how she thinks shoplifters confine their activities to corporate-owned and large businesses. Cos Mr B with his small deli/cornershop/newsagents/offy/market stall/ greengrocers is never targeted. :rolleyes:😬:cautious:
This is such a good point. Here, shoplifters are more likely to target small convenience stores - which are usually owned by immigrants whose grasp of the language may be shaky, and who are not as savvy about legal matters as, say, a huge supermarket chain.

But duck those guys, they're just evil capitalist fat cat CEOs in training, right?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I call myself an old junkie sometimes. But I would never use it about anyone else. Also, I am aware that when I describe myself- jokingly- this way, there's usually something else going on. I'm either being self-abasing for lols, flippant as a way of coping with anticipated scorn, or glib. None are good strategies for recovery.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
As I've said before, to be honest, as an atheist, I have a lot of issues with AA and other groups insisting on belief in a "higher power", which, however you frame it, is by definition religion.

Obviously it works for a lot of people, and that's fine, but it would 100% put me off getting involved in it if it was ever necessary.
I totally get that, and a lot of the meetings where I am are held in church halls too. I’ve heard it said on many an occasion that it has put people off and I understand why.

When it comes to the HP, I was told she, he or it could be anything (I won’t say what mine is because you’ll all laugh. And it’s not my thread 🥴) and I know that’s helped people too. But there is a very, very close association to religion that could be the difference for someone coming to a 12-Step fellowship or not

• Heart
Reactions: 43
676D91E5-D493-4B4F-925D-D62EB6ABD35E.png
Her mate Marcus doing GOOD THINGS again. I’m sure she’s somewhere in the background.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
She started taking testosterone and announced to the world that she was transgender and transitioning. Then she lost interest and became non-binary (although she is happy for she/her pronouns to be used) and now she is all over the place depending on whatever gets her attention at the time. I can't recall her addressing it via her usual turgid Guardian pieces but there may be others on here with better memories.
I don’t believe she ever took testosterone. (Shocker I know). There were never any physical signs that she was on it, such as facial hair growth, thinning head hair (despite the supposed bald patches) or voice changes. I remember one of her cookery books, the one with the tool belt, her face looks a lot more masculine. But that’s clearly photoshopped to all hell and she’s not even recognisable.

Reactions: 41
🤔 huh, re-reading that Scotsman interview, this paragraph stood out to me:
Screenshot_20220706-230855~2.jpg

Maybe they were happy to accept her resignation because she kept calling in with a "migraine". Do that often enough in any workplace and they'll get annoyed. Can only imagine it being worse when you've got rosters to juggle.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
You most definitely did not imagine it.

I don't know that she ever publically walked back the testosterone/binder/double-mastectomy-plans, but in this fairly nauseating interview she asks the interviewer to use the pronoun "she".
Training to be a firefighter after SB was born 🙄 sure Jan.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.