Jack Monroe #336 Her writing style makes me wish I’d never learnt to read

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Excellent, she must have been keeping these takes in one of her three freezers alongside the perpetual catatonic reprise of the fish. I did enjoy her 'things beginning with C' fugue state though, maybe she really does have covid.

• Haha
Reactions: 44
That bedridding cold cleared up right quick there. Day Nurse really is a wonder drug!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
That bedridding cold cleared up right quick there. Day Nurse really is a wonder drug!
Amazing how energetic you can be when you’re supposedly on sertraline, ADHD meds and pseudoedphedrine. And nothing else of course. ⛄

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Amazing how energetic you can be when you’re supposedly on sertraline, ADHD meds and pseudoedphedrine. And nothing else of course. ⛄
Also, wasn't there a generic own brand version? Big brand medicines are pricey AF. It's Hellman's and Del Monte all over again!

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Beautiful clean nails, taps sign, take note Jack, your vile e.coli encrusted nails are a crappy (see what I did there lol) look for someone who claims to be a cook.
Food hygiene 101, clean hands. Also required in court according to my forensic legal knowledge (I ❤ Judge Judy) , and your grubby grifting hands are not clean enough for either.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I thought the squirrel thing, where she called them 'pleb bunnies' was from a spoof article?
That was a different incident. This was a leaked video that was removed soon after doing the rounds on SM. I saw the video at the time, it was horrifying and it was definitely Swinson and she was definitely shooting red squirrels. She seems to have managed to scrub most references to the incident on the net though. However there is still a description of it on FB. I felt awful for the toddler, they were crying and scared of the gun noise.

Screenshot_20220707-182205_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20220707-182212_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 35
The 'may your underwear always be two sizes too small' is another tired line. Has she ever come up with an original? At this point she's become one of those accounts that just tweets old jokes and because she's got a hefty following it automatically gets a decent amount of likes

Reactions: 39
Prophet Jack is back! "duck the Tories" quoth she, and lo, the Tories were indeed fucked.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I was in a Nando’s on a Saturday evening once. It was pretty chaotic as it had hit the crossover period between the tail end of people taking their children out for dinner and the start of lads going out on the lash lining their stomachs. In the middle of all this was an upper middle class, middle aged couple sipping wine and looking pained. Mr Dogs and I assumed the conversation had gone something like this.

Wife: Darling, I don’t feel like cooking tonight, do you fancy trying that new little Portuguese place in town?

Husband: Sounds good, it’ll bring back those heady days staying with Jeremy and Penny in their villa on the algarve.

Wife: I think it’s called Nando’s, shall I call and book a table? I wonder what their wine list is like…
I've only been to Nandos once. I had no idea you could get wine 😂😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
My son wants to go to the “plane graveyard” in Southend (autistic special interest) and my first thoughts were yes, so do I because I might get to spot a pumble in the wild. We are from ooop north but I’d take a day of annual leave for this fine opportunity. ✈ 🪦 ahoy!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
What has happened to Jack in that photo? Where's her pointy, pixie like chin, high cheekbones and pouty full lips? Did the Guardian filter them out?

How rude of them. We have all seen Jack's selfies, so they can't fool us. We all know that Jack has perfect skin and features of a pre-pubescent boy.🙃
We all know that Jack messes with her pics (my profile pic and the sherbet dibdab ones are the worst IMO) but you don’t realise exactly how much until you see a pic of her ‘in the wild’. My favourite is probably the telegraph one where she looks like Richard Hammond 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
The AA folk are also likely to come and go. It's not the same as consistent role modelling.

I have friends who are fathers plural to their daughter. It makes me burst with pride and love when she turns to me for that different view or confirmation or trampoline rumble that she might not get with her Dads, (sometimes in rumbles I think it's as primitive as feeling a female body.) "Can I tell you something?" "What's it like having breasts?" And I have worked jolly hard to achieve that. I turn up. I have turned up for 8 years so that I'm part of her life furniture. It's not rock and roll all the time, either. But when she slips her hand into mine because her Dads aren't there and she needs an adult, or declares "it's not BOSSY to be a leader, you wouldn't say that to a boy", and if she takes me for granted because she can RELY on me, or farts in my face, then I've done it right, and *that's* role modelling, I think.
Can’t like or heart this enough 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I need to share my experience with you, it was very scary and I'm thinking of writing books about it even 10 years from now.

I saw a Jackmentor on the train today. It was not a pleasant experience. All the lights went out. I was only saved by my chunky Nordic Celtic arse. Naturally I will be tweeting the train company and using blue language.
Cupace20220707183729.png

Unbelievably the Jackmentor was also at my destination at Twitter HQ in London. I was bowled over by malicious tweets, lies and flying monkeys.
Cupace20220707183826.png

A nice lady called a Frau told me to visit a canal and learn how to defeat the Jackmentor. AlI had to do was shout Expecto Patronads at Jackmentor and point a stylus that has previously browsed Tattle at her. It worked. She doesn't bother me any more and stays confined to a bungalow that is full of moving stair cases and faeces. I believe it is very echoy there too.
Cupace20220707184037.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.