Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She saves reduced meat in the night yet claims to be vegan. I can't even keep up with her BS
Oh she quit being vegan a while back because the doctor ordered her to eat fish for her arthritis. We're not exactly sure when or where the eyelid sausages and nightmeat were prescribed.

It's a bit like when she quit T on medical advice because of a "heart attack" - she can't admit to changing her mind about things or finding things too difficult to keep up, or even bandwagon jumping.

The wiki will give you the myriad veganism timelines she's claimed. None of us could keep up otherwise.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Come on squigs! At this rate she'll have to prompt you into giving her credit for the resignations.
Big Head day.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Lads I’ve just been to Tesco and got 4 bbq pork steaks for £1.70.

What Geetbo eat?
Nightmeat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 121
I've got nightmeat to the tune of Night Nurse in my head now, you bunch of ninnies.
Sincere apologies. I've had no end of different ear worms since joining this (not at all hell) site. I admit responsibility for Night nurse though

Lucky bugger
But what we all really want to know is @Geetbo going to twice cook them and serve them in a raw pastry pie or gently and softly stew them with peaches and an inexplicable egg?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
🎶 Just a small, poor dear… recognised by the cashier… she took the midnight meat that was reduced to clear 🎶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Sincere apologies. I've had no end of different ear worms since joining this (not at all hell) site. I admit responsibility for Night nurse though

But what we all really want to know is @Geetbo going to twice cook them and serve them in a raw pastry pie or gently and softly stew them with peaches and an inexplicable egg?
Surely they should be blended and used in bed soup?

• Haha
Reactions: 34

I’m thinking some kind of curry featuring prunes and bird tit.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Jack's crime thriller series would simply be called Nightmeat and I really think it could take off. I keep singing it along to the tune of Heartbeat though which kinda takes the edge off a bit.
Sounds more like a horror... oh, hang on..

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I keep singing it to Bob Seger’s Night Moves, which, like Georgia Church Suppers is an absolute banger. (Unlike the slopslinger and the reading of the aforementioned though, I have actually listened to it)

That's a great song. Hoping it might replace my current earworm which is Graham Bonnet's Night Games. Though if any Frauen know that song, you'll appreciate that it's actually quite appropriate in the Nightmeat context.....

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Rishi on the phone right now: "Sorry Boris, I can't do it anymore...did you read it? The poor children...she said they had rickets and their bus tickets were crumpled...she called me mate, she reached out to me for help...that's when I knew we'd gone too far...look mate, you can't change my mind, I'm out, I've already signed up to my local Marxist-Leninist club...no, it's fine, they let in royalist landlords nowadays."

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Is anyone else tickled at the idea of Jack pacing around the not so crappy bungalow, trying to come up with her latest viral Twitter whifflery?

(Thanks Susie 😊)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
It always makes me giggle when Jack witters on about how laser focused she is, how painstaking her data collating is, how many files she has etc. One of my colleagues genuinely is these things, an unshakeable personality trait that makes them excellent at their job and also results in much mirth when the existence of their personal spreadsheets leaks out. Behold, one of their spreadsheets collating their issues with the new Nisa across the street.

Jack couldn't muster the effort required for this, and this is quite basic by their standards. The 'all the salary bands ever advertised by the company' and 'food we took on holiday ones' make this look like a book for toddlers.
Screenshot_20220705-195912_Messenger.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
re: someone's post, it is totally possible to be a school leaver/not degreed and write well -- a lot of great writers didn't go to university, like Shakespeare, George Eliot, Virginia Woolf, the Brontes, for example, and there are still brilliant autodidacts around who didn't have any formal schooling. Sue Townsend left school at 14 for instance. ETA Benjamin Zephaniah as well, a favourite. Training does help a lot but so does wide reading and guided mentorship and, yes, always, GOOD EDITING. The main failure of Jack's writing is her extreme arrogance and refusal to learn anything, which feeds into all the other issues with it, imo.
If that's referring to what I wrote, like I said I didn't go to uni, I went on an evening and I went after spending many years at writing groups. I am also a voracious reader who loves words.

You either have a talent for it, or you don't, but anyone can get better if they practise and have help. I've spent many evenings listing to turgid, overwritten prose produced by people who after receiving their feedback from the rest of the group replied with 'well I'm not changing a word as it's perfect' despite it being painfully dull.

One of the most charming, wonderful pieces of writing was written by a guy who left school at 15 and it was his life as a gardener, sounds so dull but we all looked forward every month to the next bit as he had a wonderful way with words, that really deserved to get published.

She really needs to find a writing group, take a piece she is working on and listen to her feedback but in her own words SHAN'T!

• Heart
Reactions: 46
that extract is despicable, I just read a book about the massive failures by the gov during Covid (it's called Failures of State, and it is incredibly good - but tough!) it's well researched, methodical, it has REFERENCED sources and a logical argument and conclusion. That is how you attack the govt, not crying about your experience, which may or not have happened...

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.