Jack Monroe #335 Boob, I guess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The sideboard shots get worse every time you look at them. Her eyes follow you round the room.

Reactions: 72
Honestly, I feel like all I do is think about the price of Heinz beans when I’m in the supermarket. I can’t believe the price of them and I’m glad others are taking note! 🫣

i don’t think chickpeas and other beans/pulses have risen as much tbf. I’m a regular buyer.

Reactions: 31
She's always missing deadlines to so even with a generous estimation the information it contains will be about 10 years out of date.

That's a strange timescale to sell. Even if it was well written, it's too recent for readers who are interested in political/social history and irrelevant for those interest in current affairs, and her career/life aren't interesting or notable enough for a memoir.

Reactions: 31
Nasty piece of work is MC. Can’t say more but I know someone who had an interaction with her and her family years ago. NASTY people

Reactions: 50
Blimey even Vlad's had enough our fave smol pixie today...Patreon anyone?

Reactions: 44
I've got 8 pages ahead of me so this may have already been said but you don't get to bash someone for critiquing something you haven't written yet whilst listing all the things you claim it will be. Why should you toot your own horn when none of this supposedly detailed and meticulous work has been done?

You don't get to point at some highlighted research in folders and go 'look!' Yeah, what? What am I looking at? Boob, I guess.

Reactions: 74
Fuel prices will also affect the cost of all pre-cooked foods. Is it going to be cheaper to buy ready meals that need little energy to reheat or fresh food that needs more cooking at home? We are eating things like bulgar wheat or couscous salad - the grains don't take long to boil and can be bulked out with all sorts of cold foods. I do lentils with soup in the pressure cooker and curry with canned chick peas and frozen veg. Cheap packet noodles are v economical to cook and lovely with spring onion, fresh chili, fried egg. I'm going to buy an airfryer soon as I've heard good things.
Sorry to derail. I'm just wondering if Jack will read the room/country and rise to the occasion? I'm not really, of course she won't, she profits from poverty as Lee Anderson right said.

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.