Jack Monroe #334 Wafting around Asda like a Smartprice Ghost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know I'm being a twit but the words "most favourite" putrify my night meat
Sorry, I am way behind again, I am dog sitting and clearly spending far more time with this little doggy than Jack is with hers.

I must have missed the "nightmeat" fiasco. I am loving the references to it, but hate not being in the know. Can anyone direct me to the relevant pages?

Thankyouall

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Major grunk ahead.....HAS HE BEEN?!
We are waiting to be informed…we are not even sure the accountant or the editor have been. What we DO know is, Jack is thirsty af, isn’t wearing a bra, is doing her admin from her hammock, has an arthritic flare up, only buys grated cheese, has written another list, couldn’t make it to the supermarket on Saturday (except for yellow sticker flowers and night meat), has taken loads of old meat, offal and fish out of the freezer and has loads of ideas for them but wants yours…hope this helps pal

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
She’d have been better spending £400 on a gardener. I couldn’t lie, sit or stand in that garden no matter how expensive the furniture. All that’s missing is the abandoned car and the stack of tyres.
Like Onslows garden in Keeping Up Appearances...
Screenshot_20220704-195421_Google.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 42
I don’t believe most of what she says as she is so inconsistent and contradictory. I think she will say whatever she needs to so she can get the attention she needs at any time. Honestly if she told me the sky was blue I’d check it.
The sky is always blue in jack world #facetune 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 31
So will she do the obligatory go quiet until people (us, because nobody else actually notices) start to worry and then she’ll pop up again like the malignant Jack in box she is. *whispers - save yourself Harold*

• Haha
Reactions: 29
She’d have been better spending £400 on a gardener. I couldn’t lie, sit or stand in that garden no matter how expensive the furniture. All that’s missing is the abandoned car and the stack of tyres.
And the sofa. Dont forget the sofa with springs that go up the arse

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Bit of luck the skip lives out the front

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Grunking so not sure where this will land.

Tonight I went to Aldi and Heron Foods (cheap freezer food shop) I spent £23 at A and £10 at H. But I need to take off the card game (present) cleaning stuff, tissues and multivitamins/ pain killers to make it fair, so it comes to approx the magic £20.

Now all I can eat will be (homemade) chocolate chip cookies, cake, chocolate and dry cereal but you know £20. (Other things include frozen pastry, stuffing mix, yoghurts and cans of pop)

I will await my prize.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
So will she do the obligatory go quiet until people (us, because nobody else actually notices) start to worry and then she’ll pop up again like the malignant Jack in box she is. *whispers - save yourself Harold*
I used to have a possibly narc friend who would deactivate their Facebook when they wanted attention or to make me and others feel guilty about unspoken crimes against them, lol. Almost every time they were unable to stand it, and they'd reemerge half an hour later like
1656961315291.png

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh what did you do to get blocked? Ask an innocent question? Like a vaguely critical tweet?
Was around the time of the poor kitten and I tweeted someone (so not even JM directly) about the fact she’d made a tribute video that she’d monetised 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I wonder if poor Harold has been over yet and if he'll manage to escape. #Pray4Harold

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Two things:

Why does she not get a trolley on wheels? I have issues with nerve pain. I have tumors that grow on my nerves and therefore suffer with sciatica. I cant carry heavy loads so I use a trolly on wheels. I don't care if I look like an old woman it's practical.

Also why does she go to butchers in places far away from Southend like Croydon or Clapham. Surely that is not cost effective and would eat into her "weekly budget?"

Sorry this just came into my head and thought I'd share with you all.
She has a trolley on wheels, sent to her agent by a kind fan, only ever seen in the wild when SB was pictured dragging it through some shrubbery.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
A while back my FIL took us for a walk somewhere were he used to take mr too many as a child and he marvelled that a house that edges on to the woodland still had many abandoned cars still sitting. He said that was like that back in the day. That's how I imagine her garden full of absolute crap!

Reactions: 21
Whenever I see nightmeat I just think of Vic and Bob and their Reeves and Mortimer meat products

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Sorry, I am way behind again, I am dog sitting and clearly spending far more time with this little doggy than Jack is with hers.

I must have missed the "nightmeat" fiasco. I am loving the references to it, but hate not being in the know. Can anyone direct me to the relevant pages?

Thankyouall
Jack claimed she goes on regular mercy dashes to supermarkets late at night to “rescue “ their yellow sticker meats. She does it to save the meat from sad times in a skip.

The canal named this “nightmeat “

I believe this to be 99% correct, but please correct me frauen and Herron if I have been non forensic with my factos. And I will take offence and send you all snippy replies, pals

I couldn’t find the tweet, but whilst searching I found this little number:

32CBEBCE-36CD-42AD-B7B7-3B53ABCE9868.jpeg

The cheek cupping dentist! Good times

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49

Thankyouall
Jack declared that she goes to her local Tesco Express every evening to save the unwanted yellow label meat.
I’m waiting for someone to nominate her for an MBE myself

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
She’s just being kind to the vast shopping list collecting community. Seeing Jack is such a pioneer in that particular hobby, she knows just how exciting it would be for one of the plebs to find her special lists!
Especially if it was found lying in a puddle.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
We are waiting to be informed…we are not even sure the accountant or the editor have been. What we DO know is, Jack is thirsty af, isn’t wearing a bra, is doing her admin from her hammock, has an arthritic flare up, only buys grated cheese, has written another list, couldn’t make it to the supermarket on Saturday (except for yellow sticker flowers and night meat), has taken loads of old meat, offal and fish out of the freezer and has loads of ideas for them but wants yours…hope this helps pal
Surprisingly, none of that has surprised me 🙈😭🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.