Jack Monroe #334 Wafting around Asda like a Smartprice Ghost

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Pitched to a TV network = I was in the loos of the Groucho with someone who claimed their aunt was the head of commissioning for channel 4. It snowed a lot and I half arsedly yelled the idea at her and she was like “woah that’s the best show idea ever. I’ll call my aunt in the morning”.

Reactions: 59
Harold should send his brother round to collect the toothbrush for him. The worst that could happen is an unsolicited nuzzle.
I think Big Barry will refuse to go, citing the nuzzling incident and the lingering smell of slop that sets off his allergies.

Reactions: 31
It's the big day today, lads. I wonder what order the guests will arrive in? I'm going for: accountant, publisher and then Harold.
I'm hoping she gets her timings wrong and they all arrive together, awkwardly shuffling on the doorstep and working up the courage to ring the bell.

Reactions: 37
I just had a quick search on twatter and I couldn’t see the double down and I can’t remember the screenshot. Does anyone have the receipt if this? I’ve always like Nigella and I was under the impression she was doing it rather naively.
She was all over the comments, encouraging people. It just felt wrong.

Reactions: 41
I'm hoping she gets her timings wrong and they all arrive together, awkwardly shuffling on the doorstep and working up the courage to ring the bell.
Harold, go and sit in the lockable room whilst I hold an important meeting with "my team".

Reactions: 39
No disrespect dear heart Jean Burns but Nigella has massive clout and is a respected chef. Her influence is quite huge and whilst I too look at reviews from fellow purchasers I look at them cynically because Shaz7564 from glossop might not like the breakfast buffet at the Spanish hotel cos it’s all foreign muck and she expected a full English, so I take her review with a pinch of salt (and pobp). With that said I wouldn’t buy a set of knives endorsed by say Jamie Oliver because that’s pure marketing shiz that’s lining his pockets and I know that he doesn’t use them he’s got his sabatier professionals. However, this was Nigella, pointing at another “chef” and saying, she’s great and does so much great work for the poors, if you can support her, here’s her patreon deets. It appeared to be a selfless recommendation or cause that she believed in and wasn’t to benefit herself. So much more akin to a celebrity endorsing a charity, say Nadia Hussain supporting water aid. Nigella is seen as a trusted good person who is generally uncontroversial and makes tried and tested amazing food. So many people would trust that her view on Jack is solid and therefore a worthy cause, they would accept quite easily that what she was saying was true without digging. She used her goodwill and clout to endorse Jack and therefore imho she is responsible for hoodwinking folk.

Reactions: 92
I'm picturing a Conga line of visitors marching towards their doom the shitty bungalow with the Empire theme from Star Wars playing. Harold, the publisher, the accountant, Evil Landlady, the doctor, teacher and ceramicist, Spaniel Friend, the taxman and a creepy mortgage adviser bringing up the rear brandishing a pair of open-toed kitten heels for Jack to slip into.

Reactions: 50
Squigs are all on board with the Jackie leftovers show. I think I've sighed my lungs outside my body. And she did not do this properly on Twitter. It ran for a few days and was the usual unfinished, unfulfilled rubbish with, I think, a bit of skanky cheese.

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear...there's really no hope for them.

Reactions: 40
No point. Jack is too traumatised to answer the door.

Reactions: 36
DOG BISCUIT RECIPE!

Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.