Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really need to know the shoes that were happening with that outfit.
From what I can see in this shot it looks to be some sort of absolutely delighful block heeled leopard court shoe.

I’ll see if I can find a better one (pic not shoe, the latter would not be difficult)
380A3240-BF46-468E-9A23-E0A45EBE57BD.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Acting like Jack is preventing people from accessing cheaply priced clothes is ridiculous.
I don't think this is their point, the point is that she's trying to personally profit (as usual) off of something she could, and probably should, be giving away. Like - she's meant to be a charity / poverty campaigner and instead of doing an auction and giving the proceeds to, for example, the Trussell Trust, she wants to use her platform to make bank.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
It can be a sign of pain, if they don't cock their legs.

A morning chaos? How delightful!
He’s been dead more than 20yrs but he never seemed in pain, I think it just suited him better.

on topic: I’m not sure which night of the week Jack does her secret millionaire cooking for the community kitchen, but surely she could offer some clothes to those who use that service? Appreciate not all charity shops accept stuff at the moment, and knowing Jack she would say poor people can’t afford to shop in charity shops at the moment so just putting this out there for when she catches up on these threads.

Reactions: 36
I have got to say a part of me is very tempted to buy a piece of her tat. If she puts any part of the Burglar Bill ensemble up for sale it is MINE.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
Charity shops get more clothes than they can handle. Many go to landfill. Charity shop squig is a virtue signalling dick, I will die on this hill.
That's not quite true. Surplus textiles are sold to textile recycling companies (these are known as shoddy and where the word comes from) It is then made into a myriad of things. The foodbank that I volunteer at collects old unsellable clothes and they are bought by the kg.

Other junk they get, like ornaments, broken toys etc go to landfill though. The clothes in landfill are there because individuals put them in the bin.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Hopefully they are all here and I haven’t outed myself!
looks like that isn't quite the reaction Jack was expecting.

Why else would she say where's a good place to sell clothes, like she hadn't heard of Vinted or Depop, if she wasn't wanting squigs to go 'oh Jack please dm me your user name. I would just love to have a 'as worn by Jack Monroe ' Jacket'. And as for the limited release to hype up demand, can't see it happening.

However what the squigs will have learned that Jack, who has frequently claimed frugality has a massive amount of 'good quality' clothes that escaped the paint it black phase, that she wants to sell to scrape together a few meagre pennies for a house deposit.

Two weeks after buying a designer dog, and within 24 hours of appearing on television with not etsy earrings, and filming Content chewing her £159 boots.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 52
Sorry WHAT??? Jack has prom dresses to donate??? What????????
Given that she thinks a manky old shirt and jeans are fine for black tie, I wonder what she considers a suitable prom ensemble? Potato sack?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I don't think this is their point, the point is that she's trying to personally profit (as usual) off of something she could, and probably should, be giving away. Like - she's meant to be a charity / poverty campaigner and instead of doing an auction and giving the proceeds to, for example, the Trussell Trust, she wants to use her platform to make bank.
I do agree with this, she could have quietly listed her clothes and just got on with it like everyone else. However on the whole, I don’t think she’s more obligated than anyone else to give her stuff away for free, sure it would be nice if she did but this squig is just looking to take offence imo.

Reactions: 32
Big zuu, that white middle class, privately educated cook is on the beeb. complete with his tattoos. I have no idea about his sexuality, as he doesn’t broadcast it

• Haha
Reactions: 46
I'm going to but the Easter jumper. I'm sure it will give me the same glowup as Jack and I'll be unrecognisable!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.