Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He’s been dead more than 20yrs but he never seemed in pain, I think it just suited him better.
Sorry, that was just a wee add-on from my grunk last night, and more of a PSA than anything (it's something I've learned thanks to my own four legged dearheart, and didn't realise before).

• Heart
Reactions: 20
She knew people would mention charity shops. She knew she’d get flak, but it was worth it to her to be able to remind people in the replies that she’s oh so deprived and is bravely collecting every penny so that she can pull together a house deposit. She doesn’t want the pittance she’ll get from selling her clothes. She wants fame, attention and bags of free money from her enablers.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
i hope she has a section called ‘inspirational quotes printed on cheap polyester t shirts

3F2F7135-4F3B-4E0D-8B74-1E85764099E2.jpeg

9FB565FE-2FF6-4E87-A829-CD73C139B03E.jpeg

6CFADB26-9D8F-4EF3-8A0E-2513E994C952.jpeg

F1E829E2-E36F-468A-844F-97985FD832B0.jpeg

B820C995-45CA-44F2-B855-35B168C01FD3.jpeg

[\SPOILER]

and another called witch please, this is Cath Kidston

86F6C431-6DE1-4128-8B41-0ED06D39E813.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 64
That's not quite true. Surplus textiles are sold to textile recycling companies (these are known as shoddy and where the word comes from) It is then made into a myriad of things. The foodbank that I volunteer at collects old unsellable clothes and they are bought by the kg.

Other junk they get, like ornaments, broken toys etc go to landfill though. The clothes in landfill are there because individuals put them in the bin.
Sorry Manc, I’m not sure this is right. Lots of clothes do get recycled but many are exported to other countries where they either depress the local textile industry or are dumped in landfill. Last year the UK exported 80m dollars worth of used clothes to Ghana alone.

I’m not saying this to be argumentative, but the belief that all donated clothes are re sold or recycled or given away to be used is a misconception. There are simply too many used clothing items in the world and we are just making more and more. Giving your used items to a charity shop doesn’t wipe that out.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Wow those terrible scars from the multiple surgeries on her legs (that she is embarrassed about) are so visible on that photo.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Bagsy having the denim shirt with the soil sewn on. Or the middle class Mum Keeping Faith yellow Joules mac.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Can I just say how much I hate this 🙃 (upside down smiley) emoji? You might as well just say you’re being a passive aggressive twunt and have done with it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
From what I remember, she self diagnosed with a throat/chest infection type thing, squids implored her to see GP blah blah
Was it the DELIRIOUSLY PAINFUL infected lymph node?

Buckle up gang for another day of deliriously happy
DELIRIOUSLY PAINFUL (lymph node)

I'm going to but the Easter jumper. I'm sure it will give me the same glowup as Jack and I'll be unrecognisable!
In that case, I'm going to bid for the ✨ facetuned sky 🎇

• Haha
Reactions: 25
My child school has recently requested unwanted pants and socks. I am not sure why they didn't specify. His school is for older children so I think the risk of accidents shouldn't be an issue. I am assuming its perhaps due to children going without. The very thought makes me sad!

• Sad
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.