Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh lads. I just watched on ITV hub as I've been BUSY. Why oh why does she do TV when she is TERRIBLE at it? I wouldn't do it because I'd be TERRIBLE too, mind. But she's not got any better at all. I just don't get it.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Superdrugs own range is cruelty free and affordable but tbh the best thing you can do is go to Aldi/Lidl or even B&M/Home Bargains for toiletries.
I'm an Aldi gal and their own brand is Cruelty Free International (BUAV for those of us who remember) and the products are decent quality. Jack should be espousing shops like that. They do big cardboard boxes of washing powder that last for ages too and are cheaper than the big brands.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
I feel like I want to say something but I just…don’t know what to say. If she says she’s sober then she’s sober 🤷🏻‍♀️. I just never equated her life with someone having done the Steps. Maybe it’s just my interpretation or a message that I shouldn’t get myself tangled up in someone else’s sobriety but it just all still looks to be so difficult and uncomfortable.

I hope nobody thinks I’m saying everyone has to become the perfect person, or change everything about themselves. Not at all. But she’s so snappy and rude and selfish and I still find her really disingenuous. And I kind of thought the Steps would have maybe made her want to do better.

But because it’s progress not perfection and I’m still a nosey cow, I would love to know if she mentioned anything to do with grifting in her Step 4 and 5. But maybe she doesn’t have enough self-awareness for that, WFK?

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Screenshot 2022-06-30 at 16.34.23.png

Not TD, but TD's pal (TD adjacent?) who is a food campaigner. I want to feel like this is the tide turning against Jack, but we've been burnt before.

ETA: @kachoochoo - fastest fingers in the West!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I have a very large cat. If I got the worlds tiniest dog, he would still be fucked off BECAUSE ITS STILL A BLOODY DOG.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Grunking- not sure where this will land.

Watching Lorraine (ooof) I wouldn’t give her a job in a jewellery shop now.

Also, she’s such a boring bastard.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Oh and I'll repeat what others have said DO NOT PUT SHAMPOO IN YOUR WASHING MACHINE 😱. I manage blocks of flats with communal laundries. Using anything other than detergent for washing machines WILL FOAM BEYOND YOUR WORST NIGHTMARES - blocking the machine and drains and cause flooding.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Don’t put shampoo in your washing machine, it foams up far too much, the foam backs up and comes out of the detergent drawer and goes all over the place. Source: the time a bottle of shampoo leaked in my suitcase and I threw all my clothes straight into the washing machine.
This. I can’t believe Superdrug sanctioned her saying that.
It’s true that you can use shampoo to do laundry (BY HAND) at a push, but never in the washing machine. As you say, you’ll get suds spilling out all over the place.

Reactions: 42
I feel like I want to say something but I just…don’t know what to say. If she says she’s sober then she’s sober 🤷🏻‍♀️. I just never equated her life with someone having done the Steps. Maybe it’s just my interpretation or a message that I shouldn’t get myself tangled up in someone else’s sobriety but it just all still looks to be so difficult and uncomfortable.

I hope nobody thinks I’m saying everyone has to become the perfect person, or change everything about themselves. Not at all. But she’s so snappy and rude and selfish and I still find her really disingenuous. And I kind of thought the Steps would have maybe made her want to do better.

But because it’s progress not perfection and I’m still a nosey cow, I would love to know if she mentioned anything to do with grifting in her Step 4 and 5. But maybe she doesn’t have enough self-awareness for that, WFK?
I don't think she's done the steps tbh. She strikes me as one of those newcomers who cycles through sponsors, sacking them one after another, blaming the sponsor when the problem is really the newcomer and the fact that they don't want to do the work.

I did say in a post a few threads back that people with untreated MH disorders don't get any of the transformative beenfit from the steps because of their untreated MH.

She's very good at AA sloganeering, quotes from the Big Books, she's got all the jargon down pat. We've all known members who talk the tlak, share about how spiritual they are, but demonstrably don't walk the walk outside the rooms. She shows no sign of actually having embraced what the programme is all meant to be about.

She also quite frankly looks strung out in those Lorraine stills, in a puffy, slack-but-wired way that I very much associate with my own addiction expereinces. But I'm not a doctor and that look could just as easily have come from sleep deprivation for all I know. She often talks about not sleeping enough.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Why doesn't she bother to clear backgrounds for photos, or at least use portrait mode?!

Washing basket behind her Tango-skinned before after pics, and then all the tat behind Content. Clean your bleeping house up, Jack. That dog will chew all that tit up.

Reactions: 34
The before and after photos remind me of infomercials where you see the person struggling with a normal product and it’s filmed in black and white, then the new product is shown by someone in bright colours, all tan and teeth.
The best thing about the before and after photos is that we have just LITERALLY seen her on TV this very day looking nothing whatsoever like the after, and a lot like the before (albeit slightly less grey). What. A. Tool.

ETA grunking and was (obviously!) beaten to it. Apologies for the send repeatos chaos

Also “Leave it out, or I’m gonna send my bruvvvas Grant and Phil after you mendacious ninnies!”
DC31A042-D85D-4787-B059-F55FE0932222.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Why doesn't she bother to clear backgrounds for photos, or at least use portrait mode?!

Washing basket behind her Tango-skinned before after pics, and then all the tat behind Content. Clean your bleeping house up, Jack. That dog will chew all that tit up.
When we got our last puppy my phone was full of photos of the damage he'd done and WhatsApp messages to friends and family. I firmly believe that puppy is in a crate or outhouse most of the time.

• Sad
Reactions: 37
Untitled.png

Jack was obvs channelling strong Partridge vibes on Lorraine today, but all I saw was Austin Powers. That bloody tune has been stuck in my head all afternoon!

Toot Toot, groovy pumble, YEAH!

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.