Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She gets so much mileage out of that pic on the left, grift smarter not harder 💪

• Haha
Reactions: 50
AA Jack is very similar in tone and vocab to Jesus Jack. I find both of them rather disconcerting.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Bang on. Keeping quiet about the brand partnership is purely to keep up the pov grift.

I don't see how that'll work though because surely Superdrug would expect her to promote them on Twitter?
I think jack's agent always negotiates for minimal mentions on socials unless stumping up more cash to keep up appearences.

If you only followed her on twitter (as most do) then your be totally unaware all the corp work that only ever gets mentioned on insta.

Reactions: 40
New to the thread (hi!) but the Superdrug thing is daft, they’re much more expensive than other shops for basics (and Jack should know that) - I don’t shop in our local one as the staff are super rude anyway.

But can I ask (and I’m sorry if it’s been covered)— is Jack actually skint? I mean-she cribs over 2p in a recipe but wears a smart watch? She has released books & won against Katieracistwhatsherfacebut she rents a house?? If she’s poor why can’t she get a salaried job? Also why did she change her name?
She's not skint, but she spends well beyond her means...if that's makes sense?

She earns a MINIMUM of £2k/month for doing sweet fa via her Patreon. That's before you add in things like her partnerships with superdrug, netflix and twitter (all in the past 6 months) and book sales (which she claims don't give much profit, but it all adds up).

She has expensive tastes - photos she posts of her house show things like Cotswold co sideboards (£3k+), expensive alarm clocks (£100+), she has two pairs of Tiffany earrings (which she claims are Etsy knock offs). The house she lives in is massive, far too big for two people, and the rent is £1500 p/m.

I would guess she would be far too unreliable for a salaried job and that wouldn't be as glamorous as her current media appearances etc. In fact she gave up a trainee reporter position at the local paper so she could be available for interviews etc.

Name change was a move away from her more feminine name/towards Jack of all trades, depending on what articles about her you read.

Not sure about Monroe, but someone will know!

• Heart
Reactions: 42
That picture. It’s like someone’s said “dress up as an alcoholic” and that’s what she’s come up with.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
This is irony, si? A life beyond her wildest dreams? :unsure: That's not how I've been interpreting her tweets over the past few weeks. Surely her dreams include a forever house/stable increased income/another child/long term lover? I am most perplexed, ninnies!

I'm just going to lay on my chais lounge (said with a Del Boy accent, of course) for an hour or two to contemplate what she means. Or perhaps I'll have a nap. Probably the latter. :)

PS Slightly OT but Jackie magazine around 1970-ish for the conditioner/shaving tip, too! Although, personally, I liked those sandpaper-style pads that we used in a circular motion to remove our leg hair. Sounds ridiculous, but it really did work and was an excellent exfoliator (a Woollies favourite of mine, along with a bottle of Anne French Cleansing Milk!). Ah, those were the days! :LOL:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
I’m a little behind so things might have moved on but there are so many tips that could have been covered. EG Superdrug often do buy one get one half price - she could have suggested taking advantage of this by going halves with family/friends. But no, shove shampoo in ya washer and hope for the best

Reactions: 38
FFS make your mind up- “has a life beyond my wildest dreams”????
Can’t wait to quote this back at ya in the coming weeks when your bleeding poverty, bounced rent, drafts from the crappy bungalow, £34 in your bank account.
What a liberty you are 💩

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Can you imagine being so consistently tit at absolutely everything you do, underdelivering on the most basic areas you claim to be an expert in, yet still consistently getting work and raking in more money than the average Joe can ever dream of earning? That’s why she’s got a dream life.

Granted, she’s utterly empty inside and totally alone, but I’m more than a little jealous of such lucrative incompetence.

• Sad
Reactions: 52
Homeless Ian Beale has definitely had a bit of a glow up.

182B90E2-B3F9-4481-9366-C65810E66952.jpeg

Good to see that some clothes escaped the black dye. Oh and she’s put her other fancy watch on today.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
I’m a little behind so things might have moved on but there are so many tips that could have been covered. EG Superdrug often do buy one get one half price - she could have suggested taking advantage of this by going halves with family/friends. But no, shove shampoo in ya washer and hope for the best
Buy one get one half price is a Friday offer at my local SD and it's really good - they tend to put the offer on their own brands too so you can save ££££. Why didn't she say this?

Anyway, I see that Toot Toot Best Life Jack is back. Praise Beans!

• Haha
Reactions: 35
I clearly remember reading her telling of The Poverty (probably in her blog) and how she was very careful to keep herself, SB and her home clean and tidy all the time, using budget brands of things like washing powder (which made her itch) so that no one would realize there was a problem and take SB away from her. No way she's suddenly applying for jobs with greasy hair and skin and dirty clothes. Love how her story changes to suit the moment. I'd look for the evidence of what I read but I can't be arsed (sorry).

• Heart
Reactions: 81
Why does she talk like she’s giving a religious instruction assembly to a roomful of 8 year olds?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.