Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m pretty sure this was a tip in Just 17 in the 80s. I’ve always used conditioner when I’m shaving my legs.
OT but Just 17 was what the popular girls used to read in my school! And More was the mag that the 'edgy' girls read.

I think J17 was the one with the readers' true life embarrassing stories at the back. And More had sex position of the fortnight.

I sometimes think Jack has the mentality and emotional development of a teenager in the late 80s / early 90s tbh, one who loves J17 and New Kids on the Block and Sweet Valley High books. And yearns to be the most popular girl in the school. So she can tell all the girls who didn't invite her to their sleepovers to p*ss off.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Why do I always feel surprised that that’s her voice?

She’s definitely got a voice for writing books, that’s for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
OT but Just 17 was what the popular girls used to read in my school! And More was the mag that the 'edgy' girls read.

I think J17 was the one with the readers' true life embarrassing stories at the back. And More had sex position of the fortnight.

I sometimes think Jack has the mentality and emotional development of a teenager in the late 80s / early 90s tbh, one who loves J17 and New Kids on the Block and Sweet Valley High books. And yearns to be the most popular girl in the school. So she can tell all the girls who didn't invite her to their sleepovers to p*ss off.
I get that teen vibe from her too.

And I say that because I sometimes catch myself in that mindset and have to recalibrate. E.g. going to mums groups - not going in with the view that they are all posh yummy mummies and not worth talking to.

Reactions: 26
I can’t bring myself to watch, but it seems she also missed an opportunity to mention that good old soap does away with single-use plastics and is therefore better from an environment and climate perspective.

On that note any recommendations for good ones?
I bought some a while ago, when they were on offer, they cam with a free holder to put them in. I can’t find the holder so haven’t used them.

Reactions: 11
Lorraine helped that interview along far more than Jack did. After saying that no-one eats value brand products because they like them she is now having to pivot to 'you'll be surprised at the quality' of value goods for this promotion. But not too much, because you can always switch back if you don't like them yourself and just buy the cheap stuff for the poors.

eta - I do think there is Superdrug colour co-ordination going on - bit gauche, darling.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
We did. It was where Claires accessories is now. Disappeared after Gerald Ratner did his thing.
We did, it was by the railway bridge where Claire's Accessories has been for a very long time. I can't even remember how long ago the Ratners closed but certainly would think it was early 2000's
Thank you dear hearts! My Nan said by the bridge but I assumed she meant the other side where Mallards is now.

Reactions: 15
I'm still appalled that she gets away with this "promotional" nonsense. A poverty of ideas, that's for sure. 😏

Reactions: 35
I do this as well! I have really long hair so I need to use a semi-decent conditioner. The money I save on shaving cream goes toward buying something better. See, Jack...you should've asked us first. 👍
Tip hair oil, not cheap, but will last at least a year as you only need a couple of drops. I have waist length hair, I don’t use conditioner, I am tangle free and no split ends. I only buy it when on offer, but saved a fortune on conditioner, and save water.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
You know how tit she was as she’s not tweeted about it.
I also think she doesn't like drawing attention to the fact she has brand partnerships in case her Patreon paypigs wake up to the fact her income isn't "paltry".

Brand partnerships are massive earners. Some influencers do videos on where their income is from and majority is promotional/spon/brand partnerships and they supply large amounts of cash tbh.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I can’t bring myself to watch, but it seems she also missed an opportunity to mention that good old soap does away with single-use plastics and is therefore better from an environment and climate perspective.

On that note any recommendations for good ones?
I use gruum despite the stupid name, am really pleased with it - hair looks and feels good, nice (not too strong) smell, lasts well without crumbling or going slimy

Reactions: 14
Lorraine helped that interview along far more than Jack did. After saying that no-one eats value brand products because they like them she is now having to pivot to 'you'll be surprised at the quality' of value goods for this promotion. But not too much, because you can always switch back if you don't like them yourself and just buy the cheap stuff for the poors.

eta - I do think there is Superdrug colour co-ordination going on - bit gauche, darling.

The line about nobody eating value products because they like them is at complete odds with her tweeting a few weeks ago when challenged on the bollock sausages that actually she likes them the best out of all sausages ever. And I think the reason she gave was basically because they have zero texture.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I also think she doesn't like drawing attention to the fact she has brand partnerships in case her Patreon paypigs wake up to the fact her income isn't "paltry".

Brand partnerships are massive earners. Some influencers do videos on where their income is from and majority is promotional/spon/brand partnerships and they supply large amounts of cash tbh.
Bang on. Keeping quiet about the brand partnership is purely to keep up the pov grift.

I don't see how that'll work though because surely Superdrug would expect her to promote them on Twitter?

Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.