Jack Monroe #332 A doctor, a teacher and a ceramicist walk into a bar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought she looked ok, that afternoon in the hammock gave her some tan maybe? I’m only half a coffee into this morning though and the tale of walking into Ratners jewellers with filthy hair and filthy jeans with her CV gave me the boak. She said her mental health took a dive after being told there was no job vacancy. It must have been bad in the first place if she was walking around filthy already. Sad 😞
This thing about being dirty was a choice, I'm sorry this finished me. We have been v poor (discussed before so won't bore again), but we were never dirty, we didn't smell and we had clean clothes. Too posh to wash springs to mind, it's such a poverty cosplay. The unwashed poor who keep coal in their bath.

The dirtiest, smelliest person I've ever known was upper middle class but was living with a a alternative DJ in the 80s and thought that's what poor folks did. I had to share a very small hot office with her and it nearly ended me

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
She can write the English language as well as I can speak ancient Norse!

Also one of my fave times on Twitter is when she thinks shes a clever dick and the squigs are like

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
The problem with nominating a thread title so early, I think, is that you just know she's going to drop an even bigger clanger within hours of her last.
True dat. I actually thought we were in the 30s not 20s. Nomination rescinded on suggestion of V and agreement of Smeg. Apologies to the Fraus Haus for the mini chaos

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Think we missed this one, in which Jack Monroe, activist, writer, brand ambassador, uses her huge Twitter platform to discuss dog piss:

Screenshot_20220630-200310_Twitter.jpg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 43
I never saw her on any news network talking about any of that indiscretion reactionary disposable income whatever it was

was it the southend news network?

is that still a thing?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I thought she looked ok, that afternoon in the hammock gave her some tan maybe? I’m only half a coffee into this morning though and the tale of walking into Ratners jewellers with filthy hair and filthy jeans with her CV gave me the boak. She said her mental health took a dive after being told there was no job vacancy. It must have been bad in the first place if she was walking around filthy already. Sad 😞
Dont be a silly ninny, this is a made up load of bollocks which never happened, like all Jack's tales of hideous poverty - she wasn't living in Dickensian London and other options were available to her. She chose her path and now cashes in on the trauma and tragedy of what was entirely the result of her own choices. Stupid smol prune and massjve grifting 🛎🔚

Dont be a silly ninny, this is a made up load of bollocks which never happened, like all Jack's tales of hideous poverty - she wasn't living in Dickensian London and other options were available to her. She chose her path and now cashes in on the trauma and tragedy of what was entirely the result of her own choices. Stupid smol prune and massive grifting 🛎🔚

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Regarding the average rent and average disposable income chat. Does Jack think...

Everyone rents
Everyone is a single person household
No couples rent, halving the costs
No mates rent, sharing costs
No one owns their property
No one has a mortgage
No one lives rent free at their parents
No one lives in social housing
No one gets in work benefits to help with housing costs
No one gets assistance from parents/grandparents
No one has unearned income
No one gets a pension in addition to pay (I know a few people that have claimed pension and then return to work part time)
No one has an income from being a landlord (like her dad)

I could go on. It is why they have the two categories, disposable and discretionary.
She is clueless.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 72
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.