Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had wondered if the lack of blowing her own trumpet over 1 year of sobriety, and the quiet implication of that might be a 'look what you made me do by dumping me, I relapsed' type thing for Harolds benefit. Which would be pretty crappy even by her standards

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
I think that was a lie (big surprise). I'm sure @Yel has addressed this before and said it didn't happen. I doubt Louisa would be willing to do it unless Jack super nagged, bullied or pleaded with her which is feasible tbh.
Interesting. Was Jack just trying to scare us then. Or maybe Louisa told Jack she had done it, just to stop her going on about tattle.

Reactions: 29
I worry the mindset might have been “I proved I could do a year, I’ve had a hard week, a blowout was ok”.
I suspect it's more 'I was sober but Harold made me relapse because HE LEFT and if he doesn't come back than my inability to stay sober will be his fault.'

• Sad
Reactions: 46
I suspect it's more 'I was sober but Harold made me relapse because HE LEFT and if he doesn't come back than my inability to stay sober will be his fault.'
I had wondered if the lack of blowing her own trumpet over 1 year of sobriety, and the quiet implication of that might be a 'look what you made me do by dumping me, I relapsed' type thing for Harolds benefit. Which would be pretty crappy even by her standards

🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯🎯 Bullseye

Reactions: 47
My friend was told that by her health authority that they don't offer fertility (IVF) to singletons in her area. Apparently it's a postdode lottery.
My friend literally used a syringe. Won’t say any more cos it’s not my story to tell and unlike Cack I won’t use others stories that might be embarrassing for them to read but it worked twice. Jack won’t be able to find anyone able or willing to be a donor though.

• Heart
My friend literally used a syringe. Won’t say any more cos it’s not my story to tell and unlike Cack I won’t use others stories that might be embarrassing for them to read but it worked twice. Jack won’t be able to find anyone able or willing to be a donor though.
impregnation by sperm donation & ivf are 2 different things though

No empathy, no idea, looks vaguely bemused to be there. About right tbh.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
I have seen it used about OJ and thought it was weird because if Shaun King - who they probably haven’t heard of.
I won't continue my opinions/answers because I think Julie Bindel is a danger rug of a subject and everyone has had enough on these threads of just what Jack's japes throw up.

Reactions: 19
Currently grunking away, but I'm certain that if Jack really was trying to get off with a teacher, he would want little to no identifying information about himself being drip fed to her 500k followers.

Mr Coffee and several friends of mine are teachers, and in this age of social media it is almost a military operation to keep yourself out of the public eye so that nothing you say or do can come back on you. If the teacher is real, Jack will NOT be able to keep her mouth shut about him enough for him to remain entirely anonymous. We already know he teaches English and he's local enough for a date, a few more bits like that and I'm sure he can be traced.
It wouldn’t be difficult for someone to identify the teacher if they knew him in real life. I mean, there aren’t that many secondary schools in the area, so maybe dozens of English teachers. But how many of those are going to be men in their 20s to 60s? And while internet dating is pretty common, I wouldn’t exactly be thrilled if colleagues or friends knew I was on Tinder.

• Angry
Reactions: 40
I know we joke about it - but honestly who the fuckity duck is that?

those photos make her look old (like me old, nearly 50 old).
Don't they? Not flattering in the slightest. Completely square head-on photos rarely are. And those wretched ugly earrings.

Reactions: 30
The whole image is so distasteful. I know a couple of people who are non-binary/gender-fluid/trans and not one of them would do this. I am almost certain of it.
At this point I'm no longer sure of what relates to Jack or the canal they built but this image reminded me of this which was amazing if anyone didn't see it and actually more believable than any of the phases of Jack's personas. https://www.theguardian.com/culture/2022/may/14/alan-partridge-interviews-steve-coogan

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.