Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry for the off topic post. I’m on page 10/20 and I don’t know if I’ll ever get up to date. I’ll spoiler it just so it doesn’t mess things up.
@Mr Krabs for you:
In thread 297 you gave some general advice about writing applications and reading it out loud. The advice was simple but came at a time I felt I was struggling and frustrated at the application writing advice I was receiving from a senior colleague. I felt I had to take their advice despite having a few unsuccessful job applications. Using your advice, I applied for my dream job and got an interview which was last Monday. I received a call this evening to say I got the job. I wish I could tell you all where it is because you’d fold yourselves inside out if you knew how adjacent it was to something we’ve discussed at great length on this thread.
anyway, thanks. View attachment 1376995
This is totally why I love being here. @Lazarus congratulations, how exciting 👏 🙌 💖 and @Mr Krabs you total legend x

• Heart
Reactions: 66
One week she’s had that dog, 1 f***ing week, and already she’s trying to fob off walking duties..
Yeah, the novelty wore off pretty quickly. She should really do the decent thing and give the dog back so she can rehomed somewhere appropriate.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
She is really unwell, I think it's an accumulation of bascially her life going down the swanee, no one in her real life bothering much, it's interesting how during the dayhab/ sorting her life out, how she seemingly had a decent support network. Now it seems like she's back to being on her Todd. I get the feeling she wears people down and they become exhausted with her constant drama. You rarely see her proper friends actually tell her that a " wacky idea or impulse" she has is a good idea. I find that very telling.

To me an am outsider it definitely reads she's lonely and struck in a rut and she's too ignorant and self absorbed to ask for help getting back on her feet.
I think regarding friends the problem would be that if anyone did try to step in and express concern she would instantly see them as her enemy and be done with them. I suspect she only allows enablers, codependents and rescuers to stick around.

She’s going to turn up to a date with a walking stick isn’t she 🤣
Like every gym rat does.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Jack is not as smart as she thinks she is. She is not as streetwise as she thinks she is. She is - assuming her social media activity is reflective of her current state of mind - pretty unstable and definitely vulnerable.
I agree. The way she’s talking about these men is consistent with someone who’s only just started using dating apps and hasn’t been burned yet. I don’t even mean burned in a serious way - just randomly ghosted, unmatched mid-conversation, ignored after one date, “benched”. That uneasy feeling. It’s fun until it isn’t. The standard things online daters have to contend with. Such naïveté. It does make me concerned for her that she’s too trusting.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
A teacher would absolutely agree to share private conversations with half a million Twitter followers.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Perhaps it’s time for Nigella to step in since she caused a lot of this attention. Go and support your dear friend Mom.

There is something wrong with even asking someone you have never met but just had a few messages with on your 500k twitter. A disturbing lack of boundaries.

Reactions: 51
Lots to catch up on. I’m nowhere near all the way through yet. If what Jack is posting is true (I know, I know, but let’s assume it’s not all lies for once) then I am scared for her. To begin with I was very “lol wow” but reading on a bit and seeing more screenshots, how clueless she is, I am now worried instead.

Jack is not as smart as she thinks she is. She is not as streetwise as she thinks she is. She is - assuming her social media activity is reflective of her current state of mind - pretty unstable and definitely vulnerable.

There are many - a terrifying many - men out there keen to cause harm to women. Jack is a relatively public figure, a polarising woman, and a potential target for someone who could convincingly pretend they’re what she wants them to be, enough to get to the point she’ll take them home with her. There are horrifically fucked up men out there (I hardly need to explain that after the news about poor Zara Aleena😞) and they would not bat an eyelid at causing great harm to a woman like Jack.

Without wanting to 🔺 myself here, I deal with the impacts of male violence against vulnerable women and girls each day. Online incel groups are an increasing source of anti-female radicalisation of men of all ages, resulting in increased harm to vulnerable women and children.

If anyone who cares about her IRL is reading this, please can you take steps to safeguard her (at least, as much as you can any adult woman with capacity)? I think she’s a long way off anything like deprivation of liberty yet but I don’t think - again, just based on what we are seeing of her SM activity, indications of instability - she is really able to make smart and sensible decisions about who she lets into her home rn.

I will not be asking her local police to do a welfare check. Someone who cares more about her on a personal level might want to. Jack’s behaviour has been revolting for a long time now, but she does not deserve to come to harm because nobody was looking out for her.

Ideally, someone who cares more about her will be able to talk some sense into her. Maybe she could even be persuaded to see a doctor - as a patient seeking assistance for their increasingly problematic mental health issues. But she should have someone looking out for her. No-one should be putting herself out there and making herself as vulnerable as Jack unwittingly is rn.

Edited to add, am honestly racking my brains for old Southend friends who might be arsed to check up on her and am coming up blank, and that’s so bleeping sad.

Lucy, do you not think it could be a possibility that all this is deliberately written to encourage exactly that scenario - that somebody who isn't giving her what she sees as enough attention rushes into an intervention/rescue?

Because if that's the case, somebody wading in would reward the behaviour by confirming that her tweets are read, that people are there to look after her, that she doesn't have to take responsibility for actually being alone rather than always having other people pick her up?

Being on your own at first can be tit. But deliberately posting provocative tweets, things suggesting serious mental illness, a form of self harm/risky behaviour/purporting to be having a breakdown in order to compel or guilt or scare people into the same old saviour roles won't enable anybody to grow accustomed to existing as a person rather than as a part of a 'whole'.

It's that thing about having to actually learn to be on your own. If somebody is constantly rewarded when they up the ante, they don't learn it. They just learn new ways to coerce/scare/manipulate others into bending to their will.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Well, at the very least her mum will be seeing all this, she follows her on Twitter. Wonder what she makes of it all.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
She is really unwell, I think it's an accumulation of bascially her life going down the swanee, no one in her real life bothering much, it's interesting how during the dayhab/ sorting her life out, how she seemingly had a decent support network. Now it seems like she's back to being on her Todd. I get the feeling she wears people down and they become exhausted with her constant drama. You rarely see her proper friends actually tell her that a " wacky idea or impulse" she has is a good idea. I find that very telling.

To me an am outsider it definitely reads she's lonely and struck in a rut and she's too ignorant and self absorbed to ask for help getting back on her feet.
Wonder if the “deliciously ordinary” OH she settled for after failing to secure a high earner/profile OH rejecting her has made her realise that any relationship is untenable because of how truly vile she is. Like even a mere mortal saying no thanks to what you’ve got going on must have stung.

Wonder if she’s still paying for the Groucho? Surely there’s a disgusting older bloke in media who doesn’t know about companies house beta there who’d do a 3-18 month stint with her? 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Lucy, do you not think it could be a possibility that all this is deliberately written to encourage exactly that scenario - that somebody who isn't giving her what she sees as enough attention rushes into an intervention/rescue?

Because if that's the case, somebody wading in would reward the behaviour by confirming that her tweets are read, that people are there to look after her, that she doesn't have to take responsibility for actually being alone rather than always having other people pick her up?

Being on your own at first can be tit. But deliberately posting provocative tweets, things suggesting serious mental illness, a form of self harm/risky behaviour/purporting to be having a breakdown in order to compel or guilt or scare people into the same old saviour roles won't enable anybody to grow accustomed to existing as a person rather than as a part of a 'whole'.

It's that thing about having to actually learn to be on your own. If somebody is constantly rewarded when they up the ante, they don't learn it. They just learn new ways to coerce/scare/manipulate others into bending to their will.
I really do think you are right and you saved me trying to articulate and type.

Well, at the very least her mum will be seeing all this, she follows her on Twitter. Wonder what she makes of it all.
She does. If this was my child spouting off on SM for the world to see, I'd be there like a shot. For my grandchild's sake, if nothing else.

I have a step daughter of similar age to Jack. If she was doing similar I'd be contacting her asking if she needed me (we are very close). I'd be contacting her Mum too as we are on very good terms.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Wonder if the “deliciously ordinary” OH she settled for after failing to secure a high earner/profile OH rejecting her has made her realise that any relationship is untenable because of how truly vile she is. Like even a mere mortal saying no thanks to what you’ve got going on must have stung.
It won’t even cross her mind that she is the issue. She thinks she is treated badly and abused and can’t understand why.

Reactions: 52
She’s going to turn up to a date with a walking stick isn’t she 🤣
Still doesn't beat the "Femi turning up to a date with an electric piano" thing, that I CBA to find on Twitter now (he has 350k followers and is a blue tick, so mentioning him should be fine).

• Haha
Reactions: 32
At a guess she's mortified/fed up/worried, but glad that at least SB isn't there full time.

Her parents must wonder where it all began to go wrong?

Editing in:
My son's a year or so older than SB. I keep imagining myself putting so much private info/fantastical stories online. Especially about dating/break ups. SB must be mortified, if his classmates haven't already seen this stuff, they will do soon enough. And teenage boys can be brutal to each other over the most inane things. It's atrocious that she's sharing details like this when she should have him to think about.

Reactions: 45
yeah the english teacher now belongs in the museum of imaginary jack characters, to be immortalised alongside the sniffing postman, friendly houses of parliament security guard, whispering fan in tesco, homeless person who requested 2 strawberry frappuccinos, half of southend who are shocked and appalled by her tattoos, white trash can’t breed lady, SB’s group of whatsapp friends, i could go on…
I really think she should give up the politics and 'recipes' and embrace her true calling as a writer of bad fiction. Some amazing, ridiculous characters there.

I also would like to suggest a Best Fictional Character category for this year's Sloppies. We've had some crackers already and it's only June.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
Tonight we got into bed husband is reading Twitter. He says “what’s Jack up to these days?” Like he does every week …… what a day to ask !!! He got a tirade of all todays nonsense 😂😂😂😂 it’s so mad when you tell it out loud. I am sort of very concerned for her, but tbh she always knows best so 🤷‍♀️ And she’s a massive idiot …..but I met someone recently who’d been beaten up by her friends tinder date when they all went back to their flat after going out. Really nasty and scary. Take care Jack. But you know what you’re doing so…….

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.