Jack Monroe #331 Safe word - pumble

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
After 5 mins on Tinder…

0D8C0D9E-18EC-4122-A4EA-6E3A1FB2AB61.jpeg

(JK Jack, JK. You get yours. Use a condom. X)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
Live tweeting Jack's adventures in Tinder is much better than live tweeting her adventures in gastrointestinal distress. So there's that.
Her adventures in Tinder are causing me to have adventures in gastrointenstinal distress. I want to do the thing that tortoises do where they retract (right word?) their limbs into their shell.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Jack: 'It was totally out of the blue, he didn't give a reason, it's a mystery. I mean HIS LOSS'

Jack's Twitter feed:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 102
I've never done Tinder but I'm pretty sure this is not how you do Tinder.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
Damn those 100 hour work weeks are brutal.

Fraus, I am horrified but cannot look away. I’m hiding behind the sofa peeking at her tweets like they were an old Doctor Who episode.
Is she now dating Men? 🤷‍♂️ Men in scrubs, ideal man etc

Reactions: 25
Oh my GOD she doesn't have two doctorates! Sorry but this is my aneurysm - it's so insulting for Jack to swan about lying on her dating profile (and everywhere else) about having two PhDs when they're honorary. The whole point is that you don't do academic work for them.

If Jack's so immersed in academia that she's produced two doctorates, where is she when we're striking for our pensions? Where is she when we're arguing for the rights of early career researchers? Where's her outrage about the government's plans to arbitrarily pull funding from degrees they don't consider to produce enough "high paying" graduates? Where are her comments about Sheffield Hallam this week?

Bloody tumblweed is where.
This is such a good. bloody. point. I’ve said before, I think some people do great things and deserve honorary doctorates, they contribute greatly. But as someone at the end of their third year of their PhD, and just started antidepressants because of the pressure - she does not deserve to even mention the honorary doctorates. Doesn’t deserve them, could never ever ever put the work in to get one. Let alone deal with the issues in academia rn!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
I'm still grunking btw, so awaiting even more cringe. I've just read the Monroe the Man Masher tweet. She scares me sometimes.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I wonder how many shots of the unruly labia have been sent to unsuspecting men/women so far.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 49
She actually does need to see a Dr. I know we are joking but these tweets are quite disturbing. The kids are probably off school, have access to mobiles and even if SB doesn’t directly see this his friends probably will. Big Dave needs to come round and take the phone away and move her home out of the crappy bungalow and seriously look after her.

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.