Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning people, I wonder if she will have a quiet day today?
Thanks for the “spoonie” explanation. I’m actually having one today as I did too much yesterday, so today will probably be wiped out 🙁.
Looking on the bright side, I’ll be able to keep up here 💖
She's just pausing to draw breath.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
I’m so far behind in this thread, had a busy week at work and seems like I’ve missed a whole saga.🥴 Did JM pop up on this thread, if so anyone willing to just quickly sum up what happened? 🙏
Jack, are you there 😂?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
She was going to involve police and lawyers? What for? Unless there have been direct threats made to her on twitter or any other platform police won’t take anything forward.

Even then, it’s a matter of tracing the IP address (this lie that influencers spread explained here) of where they came from and some people do use VPNs or TOR and it isn’t as straightforward as you might think to trace the person involved.

Police would probably tell her to get off twitter.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
The original poem that she’s been inspired by (First They Came, by Martin Niemöller) is moving enough as it is. I can’t say I feel the same about Jack’s, but individual taste an’ all that, I suppose.

ETA: Actually, I have more to say on the matter having thought about it for all of two minutes more 😅 The original poem is about guilt — it’s a post-ww2 poem about what it was like in Nazi germany, and how general cowardice meant that nobody stood up to the regime until it was too late. It’s a self-reflection, and it’s the writer looking back and realising how he/the general people should/could have stepped up done something sooner. Jack’s poem, however, uses Niemöller’s words to berate other people, which IMO totally misses the point of the original work.
I love your deep mind.
Finally caught up! Been Grunkaing all afternoon and evening which timed rather well as my son fell out with me good and proper after I said he couldn’t watch a 15 movie. He hates me and wants to live with Grandma. The last couple of weeks have been really tit tbh, we argue ALL the time and I feel like everything is falling apart. So thank you all for the diversions and distractions here. It’s different from doing a mindless scroll but it occupies me when I can’t face anything else.
The current situation is hard isn’t it - a microcosm of emotions and hormones under one roof. I don’t know how old your son is, but mine is 12. Yesterday he flipped out at me for not letting him go on the Xbox for longer than 3 hours 😳 and said he’s had enough of me and wishes he didn’t have to see me every day 😭 kids! It bleeping hurts when they talk to you like that but I try to remember that I would have hated to have been stuck with my mum day in and out at his age.

My closure to any argument is always: ‘However bad you think you have it, remember that there’s someone else who has it ten times worse.’ (He’s not JM though 😂)

Sending solidarity.

• Heart
Reactions: 32

sorry haven’t been on here for a bit. Has she had fillers and just saying she chews her lips instead?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just wanted to say that I really, really love you guys. You are truly hilarious. JM on the other hand...previously I did feel a little bad for her. Not any more.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Is she going to rap it?
I was going to say that spoken word poetry seems to be the popular thing now (always in the same style too)... but after her tragic BLM video, maybe she’d think rapping was a good idea? In the style of the FANCY fellow middle class white girl, Iggy Azalea? They both like to use other people’s identities as cosplay

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Thread suggestion ; An outchy mouth with red lipstick , does she think we’re all a bit thick .

I’m shite at thread suggestions, it is what it is 😉.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
No, @Smallpotato, no fillers, debatable lip chewing.

What it is, is actually crack handed Facetuning with a girt dollop of attention seeking and a sprinkle of bullshit and pisstaking (see @AmberSpyglass below 🤣)

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Finally caught up! Been Grunkaing all afternoon and evening which timed rather well as my son fell out with me good and proper after I said he couldn’t watch a 15 movie. He hates me and wants to live with Grandma. The last couple of weeks have been really tit tbh, we argue ALL the time and I feel like everything is falling apart. So thank you all for the diversions and distractions here. It’s different from doing a mindless scroll but it occupies me when I can’t face anything else.
It's so hard, isn't it? I had a particularly tough day with my seven year old yesterday. Here's hoping that today will be better. I promised a cycle ride to the ice cream stand. He has a weirdly refined taste when it comes to ice cream, and ONLY wants lemon sorbet. The hipster artisan place in town charges £4 for a small cup, but I'm desperate to cheer him up. #NoBasicBitchSoleroForMySB

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Sending love to @Octopies, @LennyBriscoe and @choccydigestive.

I can't believe she has said she considered whether to get the police and lawyers involved. What an absolute prick. There is no crime here, and she's saying that to try and pretend that there is. We only ever comment on things that SHE puts out there.

Anyway, I'm off to phone the police because someone has used a Leonardo Dicaprio GIF up thread and due to my current state of ovulation it has TRIGGERED me terribly. My lawyer will already be aware as they are shadowing my every move making sure no one is mean to me. If we can be bothered we will sue GIPHY.

self flagellation

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42

sorry haven’t been on here for a bit. Has she had fillers and just saying she chews her lips instead?
If the lip swelling doesn’t go down in a day or two, we’ll know she’s had fillers. It’s a bit odd, when I’ve had sores on the inside of my mouth it’s never plumped up my lips on the outside? 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Christ on a bike, this thread is hard to keep up with. I salute all of you who manage to contribute in real time.

Just a quick comment on the stash of meds she accumulated while working in a pharmacy. I used to work in a food court type place selling baked potatoes but I don’t have drawers full of mouldy old spuds. I didn’t realise we were supposed to siphon away stock for personal use more than a decade into the future. Epic fail.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
She’s deleted all social media apps and replaced scrolling with exercise, has she?

I wonder what Novak Nail would have to say about that
27CABC07-21E1-4B6F-A22C-11BB3611307E.jpeg

There once was a woman called Jack
Who spoke a pile of cack

She said she’d leave Twitter
But then couldn’t witter

No luck for us....she’s back

Take that Wordsworth!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 51
Just bursting in with another book recommendation, as that’s what most of us are here for:

if you have been inspired by everyone’s favourite chaos pixie and her championing of her Cypriot heritage (🙄🙄🙄, no seriously, why doesn’t she explore this more?!?!?!), or otherwise, the amazing Taverna by Georgina Hayden is only £1.99 on Kindle at the moment.

Talk about travelling through cookery cooks — really evocative, accessible food ....

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.