Jack Monroe #33 Jack’s back on twitter, what a surprise. We roll our eyes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The original poem that she’s been inspired by (First They Came, by Martin Niemöller) is moving enough as it is. I can’t say I feel the same about Jack’s, but individual taste an’ all that, I suppose.

ETA: Actually, I have more to say on the matter having thought about it for all of two minutes more 😅 The original poem is about guilt — it’s a post-ww2 poem about what it was like in Nazi germany, and how general cowardice meant that nobody stood up to the regime until it was too late. It’s a self-reflection, and it’s the writer looking back and realising how he/the general people should/could have stepped up done something sooner. Jack’s poem, however, uses Niemöller’s words to berate other people, which IMO totally misses the point of the original work.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
The original poem that she’s been inspired by (First They Came, by Martin Niemöller) is moving enough as it is. I can’t say I feel the same about Jack’s, but individual taste an’ all that, I suppose.

ETA: Actually, I have more to say on the matter having thought about it for all of two minutes more 😅 The original poem is about guilt — it’s a post-ww2 poem about what it was like in Nazi germany, and how general cowardice meant that nobody stood up to the regime until it was too late. It’s a self-reflection, and it’s the writer looking back and realising how he/the general people should/could have stepped up done something sooner. Jack’s poem, however, uses Niemöller’s words to berate other people, which IMO totally misses the point of the original work.
Exactly. That’s the complete nonsense of what she wrote. Missed the point totally of the original and uses it to beret others and make out she’s somehow superior ‘Saint Jack ‘🙄to everyone else as they’re not speaking out.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Hello lovelies. I’m sorry to say I’ve had some time off. The last Monroe-ing I caught up with was the fateful this morning appearance. Then I went off about my usual life and kept meaning to catch up on the threads.

Anyway, last night I got a late night call to say my mum had gone into hospital. I don’t really know why I’m telling you this, other than, you feel a bit like friends, for someone who doesn’t have many real life friends. I am an adult, but an only child, and I feel really helpless and very responsible. I feel like a kid again.I am scared. I’ve stayed up all night in case of an update. I couldn’t stand to miss a phone call, especially if things deteriorate.

And what’s kept me going (and awake) are these threads. I was suitability SHOOKETH at JMs appearance on TL. Amazing stuff. Still catching up slowly but just wanted to say thank you for being my company this evening, even if you didn’t know you were helping someone, you were

x
Sending love to you and your mum x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Finally caught up! Been Grunkaing all afternoon and evening which timed rather well as my son fell out with me good and proper after I said he couldn’t watch a 15 movie. He hates me and wants to live with Grandma. The last couple of weeks have been really tit tbh, we argue ALL the time and I feel like everything is falling apart. So thank you all for the diversions and distractions here. It’s different from doing a mindless scroll but it occupies me when I can’t face anything else.
Kids eh, who’d have ‘em! He doesn’t hate you , he loves you.

He’s lashing out and testing the boundaries but he does love you, things will get better ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Absolutely. She’s desperate for another wealthy blue-ticker to snap her up. (Because we know she has a taste for wealthy blue-tickers.)
You’re on the money here but my God, who’d be naive enough to think they could cope with all that drama she brings with her.

Reactions: 9
There's an idea that people with some conditions only have a certain amount of 'spoons' of energy - like 15 or something. Each task uses up some, so getting dressed might take 3, making a meal might use 8 etc, so once they're used up, there's no energy left for other things (probably not very well explained) so you have to prioritise how you use your daily spoons. As with everything, there are people who are very genuine in their suffering, and those who bandwagon jump.
Spoonie definition above @Readingismyhobby

Reactions: 7
Hausfrauen, have you seen this article? It was published on Friday and talks about JM's experience of 'tough times and severe trolling'.

After talking about how her hair fell out (she thinks) due to stress:

wtaf.png

I know, I can't quite believe what I've just read either 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Hausfrauen, have you seen this article? It was published on Friday and talks about JM's experience of 'tough times and severe trolling'.

After talking about how her hair fell out (she thinks) due to stress:

View attachment 165457

I know, I can't quite believe what I've just read either 🤣
She’s deleted all social media apps and replaced scrolling with exercise, has she?

I wonder what Novak Nail would have to say about that

• Haha
Reactions: 44
Morning people, I wonder if she will have a quiet day today?
Thanks for the “spoonie” explanation. I’m actually having one today as I did too much yesterday, so today will probably be wiped out 🙁.
Looking on the bright side, I’ll be able to keep up here 💖

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.