Jack Monroe #328 Something went wrong. Try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They give you a pass at the visitors’ entrance, don’t they? Or has it changed since autumn when I was last at an APPG? They check you’re on the list, they check ID, then assuming you’re on the list and who you say you are - and aren’t carrying a weapon - they give you your pass and let you in. (You’re supposed to wear your pass prominently once you’ve got it, otherwise you’ll be asked to put it on and gently told off for not wearing it. We’ve all done it.)
Yes when people pointed out the ridiculousness of this scenario (here and on twitter) Jack started back pedalling frantically saying well of COURSE the correct procedures had been followed and why should she have to go into every detail. And she hadn't gone into detail for security reasons - not showing off and fibbing reasons at all.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Were you looking for the Glasto blog with the warm chardonnay quote? You can read it in all it's cringeworthy glory beloe, but best make sure you've not eaten recently else you might throw up from the second-hand embarrassment.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...jack-monroe-glastonbury-sang-with-billy-bragg
"I was having a pint with Billy Bragg..."
One line in and the smugness is off the charts

"We blew up beds and pegged in groundsheets, and I started to write my speech for the next day."
Nothing but thorough

ETA: she'd given the same speech "a hundred times before". I love facts

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Three days? I don’t think it’s even been 48hrs. Jack time has struck once again.
Plus - her poor poor kid (who now has to fight for attention even more so) will have been at school for at least 8-12 of those hours (if he is even there which I highly doubt).

Attachments

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
I think Martin Lewis has always been a chimp but with the financial state of the country following years of austerity, Tories, brexit etc his ego has exploded.

I bet he was expecting a response similar to this for his request to become a Lord and just waved through - arise lord Martin Lewis:

View attachment 1364539
I honestly can’t stop laughing at this. She has got be a parody 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 32
What does this mean, please?
It's mostly used as a guide for rescue dogs. Also called the 333 rule. But is relevant for puppies too. It's a very rough guideline of how your new dog will settle and change once you bring them home over 3 days/3 weeks/3 months (and beyond).

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I see we've had no update on Coops after his visible distress caused her so much amusement. I hope he fucks off and moves in with a Tory.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
@MooBelle I’m jumping forward to say thank you! I have been feeling for a while that someone from the dim and distant past is very much amongst us. As I think the person was banned before, I reported it but I’m not sure if the Mods can see people’s email addresses (and of course anyone can get a new email address anyway).

I’ve spent a lot of time lately scrolling - I’m not sure why but I don’t like ‘ignoring’ which is totally me. But I was thinking I was going mad and couldn’t ask anyone if they thought the same 😂.

I’m still on the last thread so apologies if this has been discussed/warned on.

not a scooby tho lads - totally over my head

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Were you looking for the Glasto blog with the warm chardonnay quote? You can read it in all it's cringeworthy glory below, but best make sure you've not eaten recently else you might throw up from the second-hand embarrassment.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...jack-monroe-glastonbury-sang-with-billy-bragg
Teacher: “Class, I want you to write a few sentences about what you did during the holidays.”
Jack: “On Thursday morning, we loaded up the car, and began the three-hour trip, including an exciting drive past Stonehenge.”

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I have a real soft spot for Martin Lewis - I have mentioned before that his website/advice and, in particular the debt management stuff is definitely the reason I am not in debt after drowning in extremely poor money management (albeit 20 odd years ago now!). The forum in particular was a big big help and is probably my oldest “log in” / user name apart from my hotmail account.

Must admit to a bit of eyerolling myself lately though (sadly - because I do think he genuinely does help and MASSIVELY helped me through the last two decades of financial management)

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I'm guessing this is in response to the dog-owning friend that said to Jack, "It's time." ? Had it been anyone else, I don't think they would have got the 🥰 emoji

View attachment 1364520
Is she literally taking the piss? How can she admit to having a big garden in which she walks her brand new probably £2000 ish designer puppy, while in the same breath claiming to be skint?

Is she just testing how far she can push her bullshitting?

Last edited:
Reactions: 48
I have a real soft spot for Martin Lewis - I have mentioned before that his website/advice and, in particular the debt management stuff is definitely the reason I am not in debt after drowning in extremely poor money management (albeit 20 odd years ago now!). The forum in particular was a big big help and is probably my oldest “log in” / user name apart from my hotmail account.

Must admit to a bit of eyerolling myself lately though (sadly - because I do think he genuinely does help and MASSIVELY helped me through the last two decades of financial management)
A good friend works for Citizens Advice and says he’s one of the few “experts” they have vetted and will endorse. He may be a bit of a twit and have an enlarged ego but I do think he is helpful for a lot of people.

Reactions: 51
He really has got quite strange. He used to be OK didn't he? His ego appears absolutely massive now, and he is very thin skinned.
There was a tweet recently where he listed all he does for The Poor, starting 'oh you mean apart from xyz' when someone mildly asked what he was doing. That really does sound familiar.
There are similarities, he got crappy on Twitter because people called him a sell out, his response was something along the lines of he's 'been shrieking, shouting and pleading with the government'. I thought it was not far off a howling and clawing 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I see we've had no update on Coops after his visible distress caused her so much amusement. I hope he fucks off and moves in with a Tory.
The great plot twist will be Coops running away to live with the doxed landlady, with Jack on the streets, in her dressing gown and a cup of tea, trying to lure him back with a rucksack goat leg.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.