Jack Monroe #328 Something went wrong. Try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a real soft spot for Martin Lewis - I have mentioned before that his website/advice and, in particular the debt management stuff is definitely the reason I am not in debt after drowning in extremely poor money management (albeit 20 odd years ago now!). The forum in particular was a big big help and is probably my oldest “log in” / user name apart from my hotmail account.

Must admit to a bit of eyerolling myself lately though (sadly - because I do think he genuinely does help and MASSIVELY helped me through the last two decades of financial management)
I think he's brilliant, he definitely knows his stuff.

Reactions: 15
There are similarities, he got crappy on Twitter because people called him a sell out, his response was something along the lines of he's 'been shrieking, shouting and pleading with the government'. I thought it was not far off a howling and clawing 😂.
There are probably exceptions I'm overlooking but Twitter seems to be absolutely toxic for anyone with any degree of celebrity. It seems to bring out the worst in people.

Reactions: 34
A good friend works for Citizens Advice and says he’s one of the few “experts” they have vetted and will endorse. He may be a bit of a twit and have an enlarged ego but I do think he is helpful for a lot of people.
Indeed - it is no exaggeration to say that with the MSE guidance I have gone from Jack levels of debt management (literally collectors at the door and Council Tax court paperwork) to mortgage, pensions, savings etc. In fact - it’s probably gone the other way. My credit is only middling because what credit I do have is so limited and unused. His website even got me flight compensation four years after a (massively delayed and fucked up “act of god”) flight grounding that was declined twice before I read how to chase it properly on his site.

Of course, it’s the MoneySupermarket affiliate link site now, sadly. But his school education stuff surely gets him brownie points - I literally did not have a clue about anything money wise as a young adult.

I will say though that I have never watched his programme once. Because he is a bit much! Sad to hear that he has got a bit worse in that direction.

Anyway - back to Jack. If she is sooooo skint, I wonder how longit will take for her to be inspired by baby daddy tactics and start planning the first brood? At £2k a pop, she could be looking at house deposit levels of money with that poor creature in no time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
The great plot twist will be Coops running away to live with the doxed landlady, with Jack on the streets, in her dressing gown and a cup of tea, trying to lure him back with a rucksack goat leg.
And then she catches a glimpse of Harold sat at the landladies table eating breakfast. Harold, landlady and Coops all united through their experiences at the hand of Jack and they all lived happily ever after ❤

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I oft wonder if she didn’t take money of her parents for fear that it might come out of her inheritance at a later date!
easier to grift off strangers than effectively borrow from what will eventually be hers.
.my ex sister in law always had her hand out, he father was wealthy, ran his own business, she had two brothers, they worked very hard for their dad. Her not so much. When he died sh was shocked to discover, that all her handouts, car etc etc, had been deducted from her third share. She was not happy

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
I wonder if that's the same daft thing I saw on twitter yesterday - Jack and Martin Lewis to run the country along with.... Gary Lineker 😂 for some utterly random reason.
Can you imagine Jack running the country though? She'd keep deactivating and reactivating parliament. Diplomacy won't exist because every world leader will be 'THAT MAN/WOMAN'. We'd have to wait years for the economy 'to begin' because it's a VBI style work-in-progress that's 'coming soon', but when anyone dares to question her she'll be defensive: 'Economy? Fixed it, pal. Go well.' PMQs will be a nightmare because it'll always end with Jack yelling out a list of dead ancestors.

• Haha
Reactions: 56
The combination of the Glastonbury blog post, Jack walking into Parliament and Jack saying she's skint after buying a puppy + the oppressive heat here today has pushed me over the edge. I can't stop laughing 😂. You couldn't make it up. Well, Jack can, obviously. But no sane person would have the bare faced cheek to and expect people to believe them 😂. It's absolutely bizarre!

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Indeed - it is no exaggeration to say that with the MSE guidance I have gone from Jack levels of debt management (literally collectors at the door and Council Tax court paperwork) to mortgage, pensions, savings etc. In fact - it’s probably gone the other way. My credit is only middling because what credit I do have is so limited and unused. His website even got me flight compensation four years after a (massively delayed and fucked up “act of god”) flight grounding that was declined twice before I read how to chase it properly on his site.

Of course, it’s the MoneySupermarket affiliate link site now, sadly. But his school education stuff surely gets him brownie points - I literally did not have a clue about anything money wise as a young adult.

I will say though that I have never watched his programme once. Because he is a bit much! Sad to hear that he has got a bit worse in that direction.

Anyway - back to Jack. If she is sooooo skint, I wonder how longit will take for her to be inspired by baby daddy tactics and start planning the first brood? At £2k a pop, she could be looking at house deposit levels of money with that poor creature in no time.
I have to say my heart sank when I heard she'd got a female dog for that very reason.

• Sad
Reactions: 58
I have a real soft spot for Martin Lewis - I have mentioned before that his website/advice and, in particular the debt management stuff is definitely the reason I am not in debt after drowning in extremely poor money management (albeit 20 odd years ago now!). The forum in particular was a big big help and is probably my oldest “log in” / user name apart from my hotmail account.

Must admit to a bit of eyerolling myself lately though (sadly - because I do think he genuinely does help and MASSIVELY helped me through the last two decades of financial management)
I found MSE really helpful years ago. The forums were friendly but definitely had some oddballs on them! The site is still great, but I think since he sold it he’s been working more on his self promotion than anything else. I hate the annoying fast talking thing he does in every interview too.

And then she catches a glimpse of Harold sat at the landladies table eating breakfast. Harold, landlady and Coops all united through their experiences at the hand of Jack and they all lived happily ever after ❤
Ha, this reminds me of when I used to ship LJC and Allegra. But sadly I think Allegra married someone else. Must have taken her somewhere really fancy to propose like a Beefeater.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
I've found the forums really un-friendly to be honest. Massively harsh when my Dad died and when my cat died and was trying to find out a few things.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
[

We all have family members who do that don’t we?

Go to the sorting office all expectant clutching our little red card. See the card with no stamp with the familiar writing and the £1.00 charge to pay and think f*** it, I’d rather have a magnum.
Agent/publisher will have no clue who it’s from, and think it is important 🫢

• Haha
Reactions: 12
.my ex sister in law always had her hand out, he father was wealthy, ran his own business, she had two brothers, they worked very hard for their dad. Her not so much. When he died sh was shocked to discover, that all her handouts, car etc etc, had been deducted from her third share. She was not happy
This is what I think Jack has in mind.
my ex was like that, and he was so tight with money. Always pleading poverty - he was due to inherit hundreds of thousands too, and was never short of a penny.
he would say things like ‘have you a pound you could give me, I don’t want to break this fiver’
That’s how people like him have money all the time and despite earning a decent salary, I’m always broke!!

• Sad
Reactions: 34
@MooBelle I’m jumping forward to say thank you! I have been feeling for a while that someone from the dim and distant past is very much amongst us. As I think the person was banned before, I reported it but I’m not sure if the Mods can see people’s email addresses (and of course anyone can get a new email address anyway).

I’ve spent a lot of time lately scrolling - I’m not sure why but I don’t like ‘ignoring’ which is totally me. But I was thinking I was going mad and couldn’t ask anyone if they thought the same 😂.

I’m still on the last thread so apologies if this has been discussed/warned on.
I want to know what people are talking about. 😂 Send gossip-os?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
I have to say my heart sank when I heard she'd got a female dog for that very reason.
I know. Same here. Her little calculating mind working it all out. Then a 'woops it looks like I'm going to be a nana to some lil fur babies' as if it wasn't planned. Grim stuff and I hope we're wrong and she gets her neutered.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
I'm beginning to wonder whether she is some sort of alien creation. A culmination of all those alien abductions and anal probing we've read about. Almost human, but not quite. I'd fashion a tin foil hat but it's too hot, so duck it 😂.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Ha, this reminds me of when I used to ship LJC and Allegra. But sadly I think Allegra married someone else. Must have taken her somewhere really fancy to propose like a Beefeater.
I soooo want LJC to meet the woman of her dreams. Someone with emotional maturity who is an actual adult who she can have a real partnership with. Someone who will cook with her 😜 Not that I think we would know if she did as she won’t plaster it all over social media. Maybe she already has…

• Heart
Reactions: 33
There are probably exceptions I'm overlooking but Twitter seems to be absolutely toxic for anyone with any degree of celebrity. It seems to bring out the worst in people.
Deborah Meaden, Brian Moore and Neville Southall 💙

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I've found the forums really un-friendly to be honest. Massively harsh when my Dad died and when my cat died and was trying to find out a few things.
That’s awfully sad - I haven’t been on them for years and years now but I remember so much kindness. There was even a guy that got DIY SOSed after being fleeced by cowboy builders. that started with him turning up at the forums in bits. And I only ever had kindness and laughs. Very sad to hear it’s not like that any more.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.