Jack Monroe #328 Something went wrong. Try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fantasy list, check the prices, backpack on, diary in hand, fingers crossed everything's in stock (no seriously, look what happened last time they ran out!)
Asda here I come - for there shall be no other. šŸ™
Back up K2 for another go šŸ™„

• Haha
Reactions: 17
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Writing from the past but make a ā€˜fantasy listā€™ of....food shopping? I canā€™t be the only one who finds this distasteful non?

Jack instead of telling people to fantasise about what food they hope to be able to buy, why not just accept that your poverty slactivism is helping NOBODY.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
What.A.Wanker

Avocados, Jack, there's no E (pedantic I know, but that's the UK English spelling, plus I can't help myself:geek:). I know you're a "writer" but if you need an editor, loads of people on here can help. YW
Apples 65p? Really? Where? Is that for 2, or the end of the Aldi aisle where the cheapo range is?
Instant mash:sick: 80p - you have a cooker and hob, far cheaper making your own. People who can't afford to put their cookers on, fair enough, but you CAN put yours on to use a bit of gas or electric. Bag of potatoes - much cheaper. There's a tip for ya Jack!
Also, instead of not spending ;) 55p on dishcloths, make your own. Aren't you always preaching about being resourceful? (Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else with a bit more intelligence...)
Sling an unpeeled spud in the meekrowarvey, shove it thru a potato ricer, et voila, peeled and lump free mash in less than 10 mins

tastes much better than that instant muck and less chemicalā€™s/additives

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Urgh...just duck off Jack, you're a grown woman.

Screenshot_20220624-153103_Chrome.jpg

I really hope someone is watching Content whilst she treks to Asda for her shop

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
Urgh...just duck off Jack, you're a grown woman.

View attachment 1366887

I really hope someone is watching Content whilst she treks to Asda for her shop
I'm worried to see what she does with the quark. Just the name of that stuff is wrong. Essential though.

Why is she freezing fromage frais? Surely not for SB's lunchboxes?! He goes to big school, Jack, keep up!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
What.A.Wanker

Avocados, Jack, there's no E (pedantic I know, but that's the UK English spelling, plus I can't help myself:geek:). I know you're a "writer" but if you need an editor, loads of people on here can help. YW
Apples 65p? Really? Where? Is that for 2, or the end of the Aldi aisle where the cheapo range is?
Instant mash:sick: 80p - you have a cooker and hob, far cheaper making your own. People who can't afford to put their cookers on, fair enough, but you CAN put yours on to use a bit of gas or electric. Bag of potatoes - much cheaper. There's a tip for ya Jack!
Also, instead of not spending ;) 55p on dishcloths, make your own. Aren't you always preaching about being resourceful? (Or maybe I'm thinking of someone else with a bit more intelligence...)
The absolute state of the end of that pen šŸ¤¢

• Sick
Reactions: 15
Pictured: Jack joins a few other dedicated souls on the trek to ASDA
1656081846914.png

"Will there be fromage frais in Thorpe Bay ASDA, Mr Jacko?" pipes up a loyal citizen of Southend.
"Yes," smiles Jacko, "and all the radishes you can eat..."

• Haha
Reactions: 53
Some squigs questioning the amount of food in her stock take (and the lack of pet food/items in her shopping list)

Screenshot_20220624-155421_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220624-155408_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20220624-155450_Twitter.jpg

And dear God, the nails...

Screenshot_20220624-155817_Chrome.jpg

What do you even have to be doing all day to have that much filth under there!?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.