Jack Monroe #328 Something went wrong. Try again.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Dear Jack,
How are you? I have been struck down by a stomach upset since we last spoke over dinner, but am recovering now. Nothing serious, have to be careful with BBQ at my age.......!
I'm sorry to get in touch after what's happened, especially as I know you are popping off to your Music Festival this weekend, but I'm afraid something has come up. A "techie" friend of ours told us that you'd been writing one or two things regarding our breakup on your Twitter site, implying that my behaviour had been less than gentlemanly. Maureen wouldn't tell me the details but said that it made her feel "physically ill" and was "completely unnecessary". Is this about the time I held your hand over a cup of tea at Southend Golf Club and you accused me of being too demanding? I did say I was sorry at the time.
Jack please don't do that anything like that again, you know I don't care for social media. I have dedicated my life to hats and I have too much at stake to risk my reputation in the industry now. I simply have to put my foot down.
Idea: Perhaps you could close the site for a while?
Best wishes,
Harold

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 92
I'm going to buy a euromillions ticket. If I win I'll be commissioning a piece of investigative journalism on Jack Monroe. Maybe a joint piece from Private eye (so they'll do a good job) and the Guardian (so the squigs will read it)... I don't even know if that's how journalism works but if I win £100m I don't suppose it matters...
You could pay for advertorials on any Reach Media or DM Group sites. ‘Is Jack Monroe poor? The answer will surprise you!’ Don’t forget the affiliate links. Journalism!

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Is it just me or has the influence of Jack made anyone else completely distrust what you read from strangers on the internet? I am such a cynic now. Unless I see some sort of proof about something, I am entirely dismissive. Especially when the information is generalised and vague. And I used to be such a trusting soul too!

• Heart
Reactions: 96
Ah I can’t get on board with this - as you say, she’s an adult and nobody can force her to do anything - she has mental capacity to make her own decisions even though she’s an absolute head.

Her parents must be in a really awful position. Their choice is effectively to keep their adult daughter in their lives to try and provide at least a bit of stability for her (and I’m very sure they’re thinking about SB too), or cut her off and let her completely fall apart, with all the negative implications that would have for SB.

She doesn’t really have anyone else solid in her life long-term because of how tit she is to people, so her parents are pretty much the only people who can’t walk away from her.

To my knowledge her parents aren’t awful people. I do feel sorry for them having Jack as a daughter, and presumably having to make difficult decisions about what to do with regard to her. Tbh I don’t think there’s much my kids could do that would make me cut them off, or put them in a position where their public crumbling was inevitable. I’d tell them off for stuff, but if they were adults I couldn’t actually do anything to change it. I think it’s not as straightforward to write her parents off as enablers. They’re almost certainly doing what they think is the least worst thing for their family.

Jack knows she is a liar, Jack knows all the grifting and terrible bullshitting she does, and Jack is the only one who can stop Jack from doing any of it.

One of my siblings is tit in a different but not completely unrelated way to Jack, and although I choose not to talk to that sibling any more, my parents still do and still have them round because, well, they’re their kid and you can’t help but love and try for your kid even if you know they’re being tit. I see my parents’ side of things even though I chose something different. Sibling isn’t going to change for the better, and would cut off access to my nieces and nephew if anyone tried to force a change. Families are weird and difficult, and though my sibling doesn’t make a career out of publicising their crappy life choices, I can definitely sympathise with the choices Jack’s family members have to make about her. It can’t be easy.
Her parents are not responsible for her and her behaviour. She is an adult. She is capable of asking for help if she wants it. But she doesn’t want to change IMO, because she has a cushy life with lots of free money.

Reactions: 40
I oft wonder if she didn’t take money of her parents for fear that it might come out of her inheritance at a later date!
easier to grift off strangers than effectively borrow from what will eventually be hers.

Reactions: 32
Industry WhatsApp group
Delia: thank you so much for presenting the award to me last night Jamie, lovely to see you
Jamie: absolute pleasure My Darling, it was a true honour. Love ya babe
Gordon: oh duck off you two, get a room 🍆
Ainsley: No Slop Slinger at the awards, I noticed…
Heston: Well she can’t cook and can’t write and can’t write about cooking, so 🤔
Nigella: now, now Heston, you naughty thing. We all have to start somewhere!
Gordon: Start? She’s been pulling this same tit from before I started looking like a chewed up bulldog, for duck sake!
Jamie: weren’t you born like that G?
Gordon: duck me, you cheeky bastard, you’re one to talk about puppy fat 🤦🏼‍♂️
Prue: talking of dogs..
Nadiya 🫣
Nigella: oh God I know, she can hardly look after herself. I said before, she’s like a tiny child. I just want to wrap her up and put her in a cot
Gordon: will you duck off Nigella, you’re part of the problem with all your ‘isn’t she brilliant’ bullshit
Nigella: well it stops her asking to draw parts of my house 🤪
Jamie: true dat. Makes Glasto a bit more interesting this year. Haven’t heard her talk about The Poverty before.
Mary: 😂
Delia: 🤣
Miguel: 👍🏻
Gordon: oh hello Miguel, nice of you to join us - you dream stealer
Miguel: Lorraine was a dream of mine, too 🤭
Ainsley: well done mate, at least no one will come down with food poisoning
Gordon: that’s because no one bleeping watches it
Marcus: not long until Mrs Liverpool comes back out to play?
Gordon: jesus Marcus, what the duck are you still doing here?
Prue: 😂
Jamie: will she make it to Glasto in one piece? Will she hitchhike with her dog or the car break down she’s getting a lift with? Will she wear her stab vest again or act all shy singing with Billy? Bets on the next chaos?
Gordon: duck off Jamie, we haven’t finished the last one

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Is it just me or has the influence of Jack made anyone else completely distrust what you read from strangers on the internet? I am such a cynic now. Unless I see some sort of proof about something, I am entirely dismissive. Especially when the information is generalised and vague. And I used to be such a trusting soul too!
Same. But I think it's a good thing!

It's a bit like if you read a news article about your area of expertise/work and they've got the basics wrong - you pick all the holes in it. Then you go on to read about something you know nothing about and just nod along... It's quite remarkable really.

Reactions: 43
Shes an adult though and unless she's a real risk to herself or others she won't be sectioned. She can't be forced to accept treatment unless she is sectioned. Not that I'm trying to suggest you think she will be

Quite plainly as far as I'm concerned the people responsible for much of this are her parents

They know she's a liar. They know she's been lying since the minute she's been in the public eye and nothing

They aren't to blame for every single thing she says and does, of course not but they've sat and watched her going off the rails and taking money from people based on a heap of lies.

Plus. She's been to rehab and come out worse. What treatment is going to work for her? We are talking about someone who is very mentally unstable and a compulsive liar who won't take responsibility for anything she does.

And if she has to go into rehab again that dog must be rehomed.

Loads of people have enabled this tit show. Employers. Former partners. Her agent. People who offer her work knowing what a mess she is

She also can't be forced to deactivate her twitter that will have been her choice. Police welfare visits really don't mean much. Its a case of two officers turning up at your door asking how you are. They matter when someone is in crisis.
Yes I agree it’s not up to anyone to ‘intervene’, however it seems like something else is happening in an attempt to ‘help’.
We only get a snapshot of what her behaviour is really like behind the scenes through the stuff she decides to post (& delete). I can’t even begin to imagine how bad it may be in reality.

Reactions: 21
Sometimes I think about the Glastonbury blog post and the warm bladder of Chardonnay and my toes curl into my shins so hard they leave a bruise.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 66
She's not going to have the final say though. Not a chance will her landlady want her to stay now. I bet she's been a nightmare and her landlady wants her out

Jack has reactivated and she'll be reading here no doubt so I'm just going to say when I find the books I bought from you they are getting flung in the recycle. I absolutely despise you. I despise you for your grifting and the way you treat animals and I also want to say this. You seem to think that having a large platform means you can talk to and dogpile any way you choose

It should mean the exact opposite. You should be mindful of how you challenge people and talk to people particularly as you have a team of very nasty flying monkeys
Send books to her agent/plublisher, but 'forget' to put any postage on. 😇

• Haha
Reactions: 23
[
Send books to her agent/plublisher, but 'forget' to put any postage on. 😇
We all have family members who do that don’t we?

Go to the sorting office all expectant clutching our little red card. See the card with no stamp with the familiar writing and the £1.00 charge to pay and think f*** it, I’d rather have a magnum.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
I think Tattle as a whole has done that for me, amount of times I've thought someone was ok, then you spot they have threads on here and realise nope - they're actually an hole as well 😑😂. Amount of shady people in the public eye is quite staggering.

For the anniversary of thread 31, can I propose a canal uniform dress up? @Geetbo you can still wear your saggy pants if you wish.

ssrco,slim_fit_t_shirt,flatlay,heather_grey,front,wide_portrait,750x1000-bg,f8f8f8.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 76
I think Tattle as a whole has done that for me, amount of times I've thought someone was ok, then you spot they have threads on here and realise nope - they're actually an hole as well 😑😂. Amount of shady people in the public eye is quite staggering.

For the anniversary of thread 31, can I propose a canal uniform dress up? @Geetbo you can still wear your saggy pants if you wish.

You need to remove the apostrophe for the full impact

• Haha
Reactions: 49
With these wanky award shows I often think who else there is a complete fraud like Jack rather than assuming they're all amazing people.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.