Jack Monroe #326 You absolutely reek of bitterness, fantasy and too much time on your hands

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She hasn't thought about the mundane stuff like feeding and walking the dog, sillies. She's only thinking about all the #content.
I hope she has insurance because dog vets bills are double sometimes triple cats.

Labradoodles are often prone to hip displasyia too, the last time I dealt with one it was well over 3 grand, that was a decade a ago.

Reactions: 34
Afternoon been lurking for a while....so a little local-ish knowledge is lots of "designer" dogs get nicked round here, one needs to be careful and if that's avoided, there's a lovely Dog's Trust rehoming centre just up the road, anyone want to open a book on when Laurie will appear for rehoming on their webpage?!

• Sad
Reactions: 44
I know puppies are a process in terms of getting one and bringing it home but the timing of this is just so off. Heartbroken and bereft one day, saved by puppy the next?! Make it make sense 😂
Oh nooo!!! Is she planning a Marley and me style book about how the love of a good dog brought her back from the brink?

She's such a terrible, awful person.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
I don't think people realise with the doodle cross type dogs is that they are not a pedigree/recognised breeds and you do not know what bits of which parent/grandparent you are going to get. Cross a standard poodle with a lab and you will end up with a dog the size of a bungalow 🙄. That needs massive amounts of grooming. And may have the not so nice traits of each breed.

Reactions: 30
Afternoon been lurking for a while....so a little local-ish knowledge is lots of "designer" dogs get nicked round here, one needs to be careful and if that's avoided, there's a lovely Dog's Trust rehoming centre just up the road, anyone want to open a book on when Laurie will appear for rehoming on their webpage?!
I fear she's the type of person who'd try to sell the dog on Gumtree rather than rehoming her with a reputable charity.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 43
She is disgusting.

She shouldn't be allowed any animals. She couldn't even look after her own child.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
I’m with @Geetbo The first sign of trouble or any sort of neglect and I will be calling the RSPCA.

Jack Monroe couldn’t look after a cactus properly, never mind a dependent animal.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
I fear she's the type of person who'd try to sell the dog on Gumtree rather than rehoming her with a reputable charity.
A reputable breeder will take any of their puppies/dogs back. The earlier the better, obviously because they will have a waiting list of responsible prospective owners.

ETA There should be a signed agreement about getting dogs neutered too and not breeding. That obviously is only requested by responsible and reputable breeders.

Reactions: 24
Also it’s far from the worst thing about this, but doesn’t she pick absolute shite names for her pets? Laurie ffs.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
The puppy blues are real. She's in for a hard time. Good luck to both of them...

Reactions: 31
I grew up in a large family and we always had a dog. No way would i have one as an adult. The responsibility was shared amongst lots of us and no way would I do that on my own.
Everyone I know who has a dog either had dog walkers or a parent who looks after the dog loads. She does realise she can’t nip to London for the day for a meeting?

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I grew up in a large family and we always had a dog. No way would i have one as an adult. The responsibility was shared amongst lots of us and no way would I do that on my own.
Everyone I know who has a dog either had dog walkers or a parent who looks after the dog loads. She does realise she can’t nip to London for the day for a meeting?
Yeah I got a puppy fairly recently and it’s pretty relentless. Thankfully we have another dog and my parents have dogs so it makes it easier. I’ll put money on Laurie being rehomed by the end of the year.

• Sad
Reactions: 42
I wonder did she change her mind and get rid of Mini the second she heard there might be a puppy she could get her hands on? If she knows the breeder (and it seems like she does indeed know animal breeders)..

• Sad
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.