Jack Monroe #325 She facetuned THE SKY

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Fallen down a RM rabbit hole here. Bored of seeing everything round me being reduced or stuck on the market because they can’t be converted to HMOs so it’s nice to have a new search area.

😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
Looking at rightmove there’s not a thing under £500k

View attachment 1354110

Likely because this area’s probably managed to petition down any potential new builds & especially new build flats. Prices really do start at £550k, which would mean:

15% deposit = £82.5k
Stamp duty = ~£20k

= £102.5k to save in 3 years, assuming she has the £104k pa salary to meet the repayments.

Doesn’t feel v likely does it 😬
But if you look just a mile out, there are 140 properties for under £400k. There are properties to buy, I just imagine she doesn’t want to because they aren’t what she envisions for her “forever home”.

I feel like she maybe hasn’t learned that part of being an adult is accepting sometimes you have to settle for something that isn’t quite right to help you achieve an end goal…

• Heart
Reactions: 49
But if you look just a mile out, there are 140 properties for under £400k. There are properties to buy, I just imagine she doesn’t want to because they aren’t what she envisions for her “forever home”.

I feel like she maybe hasn’t learned that part of being an adult is accepting sometimes you have to settle for something that isn’t quite right to help you achieve an end goal…
EXACTLY.
Most of us would probably like to live in the nicest houses in the poshest part of town but instead we live in the homes that are within our means.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Do we actually think Jack is going to move out in the new year? It’s always been disputed here that she is locked into some odd contract so it’s entirely possible she could leave whenever she likes. If so is she going to keep the charade going and move in January or is she going to stay put and pretend she never said she was going to go, or find some spurious reason not to leave like she’s realised she misread the contract and she’s actually locked in until 2033.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I hate the unit I live in. It's tiny without proper insulation and no garden at all but it's a roof over our heads. The only way I'll ever own a home will be when my step dad passes, I'll inherit the house he shared with my mum. I'm happy to live to live in my cramped one bathroom unit and pay rent as long as I can still have my old man around.
Also anyone who has been truly homeless is eternally grateful to have a warm and safe space of their own without having to impose on friends and family for somewhere to sleep.
It's been almost 3 years since we were in that horrible situation of having nowhere to live and I still thank the Universe and my Gods every day that I have a somewhere for my little family to live. Just some food for thought, Jack. When you're truly at rock bottom every step up to something better is a blessing, no matter how small it might seem.

• Heart
Reactions: 85
She's one of those parents who would tot up the amount it took to raise her child and then present them with a bill for it come their 18th birthday.
That reminds me of the world's most passive aggressive Country and Western song, No Charge. It has Jack stamped all over it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Can you imagine waking up every morning and worrying about what you've tweeted the night before? If she's not drinking she's certainly a dry drunk. And ADHD meds are disinhibiting her.

• Sad
Reactions: 38
I hate the unit I live in. It's tiny without proper insulation and no garden at all but it's a roof over our heads. The only way I'll ever own a home will be when my step dad passes, I'll inherit the house he shared with my mum. I'm happy to live to live in my cramped one bathroom unit and pay rent as long as I can still have my old man around.
Also anyone who has been truly homeless is eternally grateful to have a warm and safe space of their own without having to impose on friends and family for somewhere to sleep.
It's been almost 3 years since we were in that horrible situation of having nowhere to live and I still thank the Universe and my Gods every day that I have a somewhere for my little family to live. Just some food for thought, Jack. When you're truly at rock bottom every step up to something better is a blessing, no matter how small it might seem.
This ❤.

We all have different living arrangements and we all have different ideas about what constitutes a “normal” amount to spend on a house (lots of three bedders in my region in decent areas for around £100k) but the crucial thing is, she has a public platform. She is the self-proclaimed voice of those who are most vulnerable and at risk of more government cuts. She should be aware that saying she wants to spend half a million on a house is out of touch. It isn’t like her eating at Dishoom once (which could be a saving up thing). This is a major faux pas. It shows that (as others have pointed out) she is earning shed loads, she has a hefty deposit or she is getting help. All of which are not available to those she claims she is speaking for.

She has gone too far this time.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
I feel it would be remiss to let this topic go without saying that tree surgeon is surely the sexiest profession going. When we got our tree taken down, I basically had a 2 day diet coke break, staring out the window at these strong, shirtless men swinging from branches outside my bedroom window.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 118
Thanks to those pointing out she ignored the cost of living march. After making a bizarre speech including riots to the charity sector earlier in the week, she's been too BUSY this weekend (post-not-so-mini-break as well) in a hammock pining about a tree.

Also, lots of people must have read the tattle wiki or come to have a quick nose here - hence the references to paypay, patreon etc from angry squigs. They are very likely not commentators or regular visitors on this thread.
It is very possible that Jack was working tirelessly behind the scenes, gently quietly stitching things together, she marched with the masses but was too shy to draw attention to herself. She disguised herself by rolling down her sleeves, so no one knew she was there

Although for those in the know, Jack could be identified by her 'cost of conservatives crisis' placard and her 'dead people can't riot' hoodie.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Jack's Twitter followers are encouraging her to take out a TPO for the eucalyptus. They want her embroiled in a legal battle with her landlady. How stupid is that? The landlady is being sensible by taking steps to remove a tree that could become a danger to her tenants and neighbours. Jack wouldn't think of this because she doesn't see beyond her own comfort. And her followers want her to get into a fight cos they love the drama. They don't care that this could end up with Jack getting evicted.
Can you imagine the absolute crappy stink/pile on she could have created on twitter if that tree had fallen onto the crappy bungalow and smashed all her pots, sideboards, miscellaneous ephemera and all the thousands of lever arch files? She could have been straight on the blower to Mr Israel on a Friday night to investigate suing the landlady, rubbing her hands with glee at the thought of snatching the inheritance away with her winnings

edited to add the sideboards. Think of the value she could claim! £££££

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I feel it would be remiss to let this topic go without saying that tree surgeon is surely the sexiest profession going. When we got our tree taken down, I basically had a 2 day diet coke break, staring out the window at these strong, shirtless men swinging from branches outside my bedroom window.

Did you like how they shimmied?

(is shimmied a word?)

(we had a tree on our bit of road trimmed and we thought they would bring a cherry picker, but they shimmied. Not that it affected me mind, others came to see 😏😂).

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Can you imagine the absolute crappy stink/pile on she would have created on twitter if that tree had fallen onto the crappy bungalow and smashed all her pots, miscellaneous ephemera and all the thousands of lever arch files? She would have been straight on the blower to Mr Israel on a Friday night to investigate suing the landlady, rubbing her hands with glee at the thought of snatching the inheritance away with her winnings
Speaking of legal fun and games, she's gone very quiet on the landmark libel case. Has she realised she doesn't actually have a case or has she shat herself from a fight, yet again?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53

Very true 😂. One of the multi story blocks of flats in work had to have maintenance done on the outside of the building. A team of strapping lads did it - they abseiled from the roof to access the areas needing work. It was AMAZING!

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I've said this before but I don't get the obsession she has with owning a home. Can she not just shut up about it. I also do not believe she has spent 235k on rent. She's 34. She's lived with people including her sons dad. She's been on HB for extended periods. She's been in flat shares. She also said something last night about using the fact that she's spent 235k in rent as a lever to get a mortgage. That's not the way it works

She has probably spent way too much on rent over the years but that's been her choice in part.

I bet her parents don't want her back home.
A couple of weeks ago she had 34 quid in the bank now she's saying she could afford to buy her flat if it were for sale at two thirds of the current price?

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.