Jack Monroe #325 She facetuned THE SKY

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone who has met Jack. Jack smelled of cigarette smoke, booze and staleness. As do her ideas.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 82
I'm way behind, and maybe eucalyptus-gate is long over, but may I just say that any tree has never fallen over right up until the point where it falls over.

Logical fallacy Jack strikes again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 88
Jesus I’ve just caught up from Friday morning til now, should have grunked in the bathroom the amount of shite that has occurred in a mere 48 hours 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I've said this before but I don't get the obsession she has with owning a home. Can she not just shut up about it. I also do not believe she has spent 235k on rent. She's 34. She's lived with people including her sons dad. She's been on HB for extended periods. She's been in flat shares. She also said something last night about using the fact that she's spent 235k in rent as a lever to get a mortgage. That's not the way it works

She has probably spent way too much on rent over the years but that's been her choice in part.

I bet her parents don't want her back home.
A couple of weeks ago she had 34 quid in the bank now she's saying she could afford to buy her flat if it were for sale at two thirds of the current price?
Just assume none of what she says is true.

Then work back from that assumption.

I'm way behind, and maybe eucalyptus-gate is long over, but may I just say that any tree has never fallen over right up until the point where it falls over.

Logical fallacy Jack strikes again.
Any thing Jack says is true until the point she contradicts herself and then it is not true.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I've said this before but I don't get the obsession she has with owning a home. Can she not just shut up about it. I also do not believe she has spent 235k on rent. She's 34. She's lived with people including her sons dad. She's been on HB for extended periods. She's been in flat shares. She also said something last night about using the fact that she's spent 235k in rent as a lever to get a mortgage. That's not the way it works

She has probably spent way too much on rent over the years but that's been her choice in part.

I bet her parents don't want her back home.
A couple of weeks ago she had 34 quid in the bank now she's saying she could afford to buy her flat if it were for sale at two thirds of the current price?
As another Frau calculated that's £1200+ a month rent. £1200 a month rent as a single 18/19 year old is ludicrous.

Plus o bet she didn't pay when she was living with Allegra or Louisa. And with other partners she would've been paying half. She says she lived in at least one house share with SB, no way would that have been £1200/month.

She's probably just worked out what it would've been if she'd been paying £1500 the whole time. Working backwards that means she is saying she's been paying rent for 13 years.

Although I guess with the 20/25/40/however many moves she's claimed she's probably paid a fair whack in admin fees (and I'm guessing lost more than most on deposits).

Reactions: 38
As another Frau calculated that's £1200+ a month rent. £1200 a month rent as a single 18/19 year old is ludicrous.

Plus o bet she didn't pay when she was living with Allegra or Louisa. And with other partners she would've been paying half. She says she lived in at least one house share with SB, no way would that have been £1200/month.

She's probably just worked out what it would've been if she'd been paying £1500 the whole time. Working backwards that means she is saying she's been paying rent for 13 years.

Although I guess with the 20/25/40/however many moves she's claimed she's probably paid a fair whack in admin fees (and I'm guessing lost more than most on deposits).
Lost a 5k deposit to move in with allegra apparently

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Looking at rightmove there’s not a thing under £500k

View attachment 1354110

Likely because this area’s probably managed to petition down any potential new builds & especially new build flats. Prices really do start at £550k, which would mean:

15% deposit = £82.5k
Stamp duty = ~£20k

= £102.5k to save in 3 years, assuming she has the £104k pa salary to meet the repayments.

Doesn’t feel v likely does it 😬
For 250k there’s a nice two bed apartment which is perfect for one person, with occasional child visits. It’s a really cute place:https://www.rightmove.co.uk/properties/85595028#/?channel=RES_BUY

I don’t know why she needs to live in Thorpe Bay. How many people live a couple of streets from their parents? I can’t think of a less suitable area to be a first time buyer, since it’s nearly all big detached homes. Even Shoeburyness just down the road seems to have a lot more in the way of terraces/flats.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Wish she would stop whining about the tree. I've got what must be a 60 ft plus tree just outside my 25 ft garden in the summer it leaves my bedroom really dull. Done what most people would do and asked council if it could be reduced in size was told no entitlement to light so just have to suck it up and can always just use front of house. Although I would still like it fixed would be much happier if council spent money on kids getting school dinners and people getting care they need .

• Heart
Reactions: 32
🙋‍♀️Here for the tree surgeon chat 🤤
My elderly neighbours who bought the not crappy detached bungalow at the back of me are surrounded by trees on 3 sides. They are a pair of moany gits but god bless their determination to cut every tree down/back that borders their property cos they have fit af tree surgeons out minimum 3 times a year , keeping this menopausal ninny hot flushing even on the coldest days. 🥵

OT - Jack is a wanker

• Haha
Reactions: 62
I wonder if Jack will be treating Big Dave to a gold trifle for Fathers Day or if she's still in the doghouse for the big gun business?

• Haha
Reactions: 38
She needs to just grow up and adult now. She’s waiting for a knight in shining armour to arrive on a Zimmer frame who will splash out on a forever home for them. She needs to get her head out of fantasy land and work hard to achieve something realistic.

Oh and Jack when I mean work hard I mean actually do things to earn money and take responsibility for your finances. Hold off on squandering your not at all earned money from Patreon on sideboards, hats, manky old spoons etc. and live within your means. Stop viewing attention seeking on Twitter as work, place actual real limits on your social media use and focus your attention on real life and your lovely son.

Nobody here wishes you harm, they just wish that you would grow up, take some responsibility for yourself, and stop harming others.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
And get a proper job with regular hours and income - no brainier surely?
Yes!! Her current plan of action is to buy in 3 years etc etc, but she has said herself the nature of her work is swings and roundabouts! At the minute she might be quite busy but she might not be in a year's time, her book might bomb and or something else might happen. Another baby could and might happen, however she wont be able to work 10O hours days or run off on a whim, who's to say OH will stick around to help her raise the child. There is so many factors she's seemingly not considering with her goal post of 3+ years.

Most people do plan but most people are usually quite secure in relationships, jobs and in health. There is of course the chance of it all changing but it's less likely for stable people than someone currently living her life. She really needs to start working out an actionable plan, not a fantasy one.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Yes!! Her current plan of action is to buy in 3 years etc etc, but she has said herself the nature of her work is swings and roundabouts! At the minute she might be quite busy but she might not be in a year's time, her book might bomb and or something else might happen. Another baby could and might happen, however she wont be able to work 10O hours days or run off on a whim, who's to say OH will stick around to help her raise the child. There is so many factors she's seemingly not considering with her goal post of 3+ years.

Most people do plan but most people are usually quite secure in relationships, jobs and in health. There is of course the chance of it all changing but it's less likely for stable people than someone currently living her life. She really needs to start working out an actionable plan, not a fantasy one.
What was the world like 3 years ago?

😶

(trying not to cry at the thought of summer 2019)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I feel it would be remiss to let this topic go without saying that tree surgeon is surely the sexiest profession going. When we got our tree taken down, I basically had a 2 day diet coke break, staring out the window at these strong, shirtless men swinging from branches outside my bedroom window.

I know the wife of the Royal Parks senior arboriculturalist. They live in the rangers cottage in Hyde Park 🔺 (fantastic place to live too)

I agree, you should see the royal parks tree surgeon team...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Yes!! Her current plan of action is to buy in 3 years etc etc, but she has said herself the nature of her work is swings and roundabouts! At the minute she might be quite busy but she might not be in a year's time, her book might bomb and or something else might happen.
There might even be a change of government. I reckon that’d rather duck over someone whose entire schtick is “TORIES BAD” (they are, but that’s why I - and lots of the rest of us - do the jobs we do, to actually help people who are affected by bad government decisions, instead of just blathering about it).

What would she do for a living if a Labour led government came in? Currently, she doesn’t know enough about anything to be useful doing anything, even if she could be bothered to work a real job, which she can’t. She couldn’t just stay on Twitter forever, calling Labour bastards like she can the Tories, and I think even the credulous lot in charge of the Labour Party these days would be smarter than to make her their figurehead for anything. She’s painted herself into a corner that has no future, no wonder she’s shitting herself and lashing out.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Which is she doing first, visiting the poors or going to Greece?
I imagine her books don’t make enough money to justify ‘research’ abroad.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Good luck jollying around Greece and Cyprus if you don't drive. Research trips are tight. There's no time to fanny around.

• Haha
Reactions: 52
Makes no sense given she said she was turned down for a mortgage a couple of weeks ago
She wouldn't get a mortgage easily being self employed. Not with her track record with money
Certainly not without filing her most recent accounts. She lies about everything because a mortgage advisor would have said she needed to provide her last 2 years worth of accounts so she wouldn’t even be able to apply, let alone know she would qualify for 2/3rds or £800K

Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.