Jack Monroe #325 She facetuned THE SKY

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah I expect all these passing tree surgeons just want to inform her it is the healthiest tree they have ever seen, presents no problems and on no account should ever be cut down.
They wanted to declare it the BEST TREE EVER.

• Haha
Reactions: 64
She's got the rage because she's paid 235k in rent since she started renting. This is what is driving this. Rage that she can't afford to buy the house. Jack pet. If you are as skint as you claim you could go on UC and they would pay at least part of your rent. Sorted

Credit shot to bits so can't get a mortgage and she's fuming

Reactions: 33
So:
• she doesn’t answer her door to people she doesn’t know
• she doesn’t read her mail
• she has 100k+ unread messages on her phone, yet she has had multiple friendly free surgeons knock on her door just to pass on their unsolicited comments on a tree?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
Without wishing to 🔺we had subsidence in our last house and when they dug the hole to investigate they found roots from trees more than 120ft away which had to be chopped down. Could be having an impact on someone quite a distance away. And subsidence is one of those stressful homeowner things I wouldn't even wish on Jack.

Reactions: 67
Perhaps the tennis courts behind her are selling off land and the LL is seeking a piece of land adjoining to get money, like squig said it's a bit garden and the back bit sounds like wasteland.

Edit to add, I don't know much about her house other than what she has said and be said here.

Reactions: 35
Waiting for someone to suggest a crowdfunder so that Jack can buy the house to save the tree

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 83
I think we can see the eucalyptus tree in the leg pic which @heretoreaditall2019 posted yesterday.

View attachment 1352412
Wow, that is a bloody big tree. And they are highly flammable. They explode when alight. Something Fireman Fack has no f***g idea about. No wonder the landlady wants it sorted.
Edit to add: I did that Jacksie pose on the sofa and the top of that tree's higher than my terraced house.
Edit to add #2: type in exploding eucalyptus into Google 😱

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 60
If I were her Landlady, knowing now the crappy bungalow had been her mother's, I would be mighty pissed off at the way Jack talks about it disparagingly on SM (plus as been said giving away so much personal info) . Presumably that could have been landlady's childhood home then, so Jack saying how cold and damp it is so much so she and SB have respiratory illnesses is just plain rude.
And Btw in the latest tree picture that garden does NOT look maintained. Huge nettle bed circling the sacred tree.

• Heart
Reactions: 87
I’m just going back to this tweet. I’m sorry if this has been said in the last thread but I didn’t read much of it.
a couple of weeks ago she had a Very Important Appointment which resulted in her having a soft credit check to be told she wasn’t able to secure a mortgage.
just before that she had been turned down for a broadband contract.
she says here the house is roughly valued at £800,000 and there’s no way she could get a mortgage for that, but if it was valued a third less than it is she’d buy it in a heartbeat.
given what she’s said about ineligibility for a mortgage, could one safely assume she has a little bit put by?
6DA31D1C-53A4-4BCE-A24E-7F729736FB9B.jpeg
💰

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 79
Presumably that could have been landlady's childhood home then, so Jack saying how cold and damp it is so much so she and SB have respiratory illnesses is just plain rude.
Not her childhood home, given it was on the market in 2001. It may be that Jack is ... wait for it .... lying about this. Hard to believe, I know.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 73
Not her childhood home, given it was on the market in 2001. It may be that Jack is ... wait for it .... lying about this. Hard to believe, I know.
You take that back!!! The queen of the paupers would never lie! 😳 Her autism means that she literally can’t lie!

• Haha
Reactions: 52
If Jack and Evil Landlady don't speak, does Evil Landlady just put up huge letters in her window saying things like NO MO RE VIS IT ORS that Jack can see when she takes the bins out?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
Thinking about what a model tenant she is I remember what she did to the shed. Has she used her studio since 2020?

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I’m just going back to this tweet. I’m sorry if this has been said in the last thread but I didn’t read much of it.
a couple of weeks ago she had a Very Important Appointment which resulted in her having a soft credit check to be told she wasn’t able to secure a mortgage.
just before that she had been turned down for a broadband contract.
she says here the house is roughly valued at £800,000 and there’s no way she could get a mortgage for that, but if it was valued a third less than it is she’d buy it in a heartbeat.
given what she’s said about ineligibility for a mortgage, could one safely assume she has a little bit put by?View attachment 1352550💰
Makes no sense given she said she was turned down for a mortgage a couple of weeks ago
She wouldn't get a mortgage easily being self employed. Not with her track record with money

Reactions: 30
Her home is near the sea, the soil will be sandy which is not great for stability of large trees. There's 100 year old trees been blown over in Kew Gardens that have been well looked after, so stating that it hasn't previously blown over is a nonsense.

Looking at Google earth (yes Jack, you have given enough information for us to pinpoint the exact property) The tree will be shading a large part of the tennis courts, and as the courts abut right to her fence line, the roots will no doubt be affecting the quality of the grass on the courts.

The landlady may well have received an enforcement notice from the tennis club and as a responsible landlord (as no doubt your father is Jack) is carrying out the work needed. The landlord is under no obligation to share such details with her tenant.

• Heart
Reactions: 99
Long time lurker, new frau here, also chartered town planner....if the tree doesn't have a tree protection order ( which I doubt as eucalyptus trees are non native) or she's not in a conservation area so evil landlady won't need any permissions to remove it. Eucalyptus trees are notorious for causing damage to gardens/property as they evolved in desert areas and suck up all the soil moisture, out competing other species/causing soil issues

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 113
I mean there's just the chance the letting agents and landlady don't want the reasons for it needing to be cut down being broadcast over twitter and thats why they are not giving her the reason

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 78
I’m over here wondering if she’s trying to piss off her landlady enough to get herself issued with a Section 21. Can you imagine the tip jar rattling if that happened? Could be a cunning plan to crowdfund herself at least a nice flat.
I think you're spot on.

In the last couple of weeks (we only watched it yesterday so not sure of the exact date) there was an edition of Grand Designs where the home owner crowd-funded to raise the (huge) missing portion of his house build budget. He had something to offer in return, as it was also a winery/brewery and educational centre, and they were going to hold cookery classes, so in exchange for donations one could get wine, cider, access to courses, free classes etc. I thought it was a brilliant idea, and he achieved his funding target.

I'm wondering if she's seen this and it's set her cogs "whirling dervishly". Or is she not that clever? 🧐 (Answers on a postage stamp😜)
Half a million followers, she'd buy a house in no time. I'm sure they'd ~ all ~ be willing to part with their hard-earned cash for a ~ cooking lesson ~ with their idol.:sick:🤪

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.