Jack Monroe #324 How many times can one newspaper publish what is essentially the same bloody piece by the same author

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have a double jointed thumb and once, at school, I got an afternoon off out of it, told a teacher it was stuck, I was in pain and that it'd happened before. Big Jack energy right there.

I wonder how Jack managed to do the embroidery with RA, I embroider and I get cramp in my (double jointed) thumb from holding the needle and you need a really good grip to get through two layers of denim

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Just think of the glow up Louisa has had since leaving the insufferable Monroe. Says it all. For all her book hiding faults that lassie deserves a medal

• Heart
Reactions: 32
In the replies Jack states she will go to Boots for paracetamol and ibuprofen. Sorry, if your rheumatoid arthritis is that bad then you'd have stashes in every coat pocket or bag. Grr, arthritis Jack really grinds my shoulders, just like my, err, arthritis!

Maybe the earrings could be adapted to hold a pill each for future issues?
If she did have it to the howling/clawing/destructive extent she mithers on about she’d have been on a different long term prescribed NSAID suitable for her condition at the bare minimum. Not ibuprofen 🙄 (said NSAID also cannot be taken in conjunction with ibuprofen).
Also she would be under the care of a Rheumatologist and on a biologic drug, immunosuppressed and requiring regular blood monitoring, self injecting her medication or visiting a clinic for infusions.

There is no way she wouldn’t document every single second of the above for extra munchie malingerer content 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Grunking but has anyone added “credit” to words Jack doesn’t understand?

Still got 5 hours left on the train down from Glasgow, she means. So that the stalker she's living in fear of will know exactly when she gets in to Euston.
She lives near an actual airport! Ok in fairness she would need to go all the way to Stanstead which is still Essex I think.

Last edited:
Reactions: 18
just got the fright of my life! I reached for my dry shampoo and look who escaped! (yes, I store dry shampoo and questionable masks on my living room billy bookcase, what of it)

20220617_002950.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
duck. Right. OFF!

I posted about that very issue recently, the logistics of having two disabled children to transport them, their mobility aids, respiratory aids, special food, drinks etc you have to be very bleeping organised. Additionally I have chronic sciatica and suspected hip bursitis with no diagnosis for why because of covid/NHS delays and its playing up like a mother motherfucker right now. I cannot go anywhere without my support braces and meds right now but I still have to lift children, equipment etc as normal. No day off or mini breaks for me.
Also massive me rail alert
This quite personal anpd not something I generally share. I did grow up poor in an inner city slum with my foreign accent and looks, I was malnourished, skinny, and abused sexually, physically and verbally by my father. He is in prison for that plus what he did to my mum, brother and sister. I still live in fear of him because one day he will be free and he is a grudge holder, in his head he is innocent. My mum and siblings went back to Sweden. I have no family from my side here anymore (but I'm lucky enough to have my husband and kids and in laws). I don't have a father, he is dead to me as you can imagine. There is no loving support network on my side. There is a lot of trauma and I have chronic health issues due to some of what happened to me and my family. I've suffered further trauma as an adult including sexual assault from someone else and the near death of my child. My husband has lost 7 family members in quick succession since 2020, I've lost 3. Naturally this has affected all of us as a family. We are no strangers to trauma. At times I've thought my life is like something out of a soap opera. I just want a quiet calm life like most people. I'm not broken but I'm not whole either. And I'm angry. I'm angry that a charlatan like Jack can appropriate experiences and trauma like mine and act as though she is severely affected. I doubt even 10% of what she says is true. Her poverty was of her own making, I didn't have a choice about my poverty, I didn't have a choice about having an abusive narc parent and yet I have live with his mistakes. Unless you are in that position, you have no idea of the shame and humiliation that comes with speaking in a court room full of strangers about your experiences, about seeing people who know you are related to a criminal. It bleeping hurts. But I'm trying so hard to break the trauma and not pass down my anxiety and ptsd to my kids. Jack is so unbelievably privileged compared to me. She has a healthy child, loving parents nearby, no need to worry about bills, no fear of a criminal (she has no stalker) and no horrible memories that rise up in her dreams or at random times during the day.
She came from love but has none to give. I came from a selfish piece of crap and I have so much love to give despite that. Its strange how these things go. I'll never not be grateful for the good people and things in my life. Jack has so much to be grateful for. So did my father, he had 3 healthy kids he could have cherished and loved but chose not to. My poverty experience is over 30 years old now but what happened to me is still happening to children in the UK. It should not be Jack who speaks for them. There must be hundreds if not thousands of mums and dads who should be given Jack's platform based on their very legitimate experiences.
Jack, I know you read here, don't be like my father. Love and cherish your son. Make him feel like the most important and precious person in the world, shower him with love and quality time. Make him feel valued, listen to him, engage with him on his favourite topics. You only get one shot at this, make it count. Your son is your world.

• Heart
Reactions: 133
Arthritis of the thumb? I've had my thumb joint replaced 5 times and it's failed and dislocated again. I'm waiting for a spinal fusion. But I keep on keeping on and carry on regardless.
This is Jack, everyone's else's pain can't possibly be as bad as Jack's pain. I grew up on a council estate, I had 2 drug addict parents who spent all of their benefits on drink/drugs. No food, locked outside or brought around dangerous people. Same with most on the estate, mental and physical health issues since birth. luckily a lot of us turned it around and found work. Not one person I know from my old estate would profit of our bad experiences, due to the trauma we faced and also to be respectful for those who cant escape poverty due to lack of opportunity and Ill health. Jack grew up with two parents who had very good paying jobs. Jack wasn't a single mum because the child's father was still in the picture, she had a wider circle of support. A friend of mine who's an actual single mum (no dad in picture, no family, isolated) still managed to at least heat her house and have decent meals and electric on. she was getting the same as someone on minimum wage. The fact Jack thinks she's so hard done to when she had to go on income support shows well and truly she has absolutely no idea about poverty. Also health visitors would not allow her to be without a working fridge, they refer you to a charity who gives you 500 pounds to buy furniture, on top and separate to that income support offered all mums on income support 800 pound loans. I promise you all none of this adds up. Vulnerable narcissism is jack to a T

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 93
I hate the way she calls her son small boy. I absolutely hate it and it grates on my nerves more now he's almost a teenager. Like everyone knows his name. He's been in the press loads. Just call him by his name. She's so immature. It's just more attention seeking. Small boy.

Reactions: 40
So very late to the party but I don’t understand the phrase the dead can’t riot…. Obviously they can’t. They can’t do anything. Cos they are dead. What’s the point of it?
👻
Too short
They can haunt you. I like to imagine a kind of reverse Jacob Marley visiting Scrooge scenario where the ghosts of the Pumble rises up and harasses Jack to stop telling lies and taking Patreon cash for nowt. In the morn she’s a changed person and purchases solid food which she cooks and eats without tweeting about it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
"Deranged clown. One minute she's in a ballet skirt and trainers and then she's wearing docs the colour of dog shite to an awards do" - @trueblue222 I've shed a tear over this

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I was gonna be snarky but as an indulger of crap crafting myself , I can’t judge. So I’ll just be quiet.

…. but why didn’t she make the whole pocket brown?
Because like everything else, she got bored part way through.

Reactions: 22
Oh Squig. That was THEN (when she needed an excuse cos she was bored) and this is NOW

69194E8F-869C-491A-A172-9AF7CB426A2B.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Jack will no doubt be all over the renting news 24 hours late.

Will she have anything to say over the DWP messing up? Probably not. Her pension will be in the form of a lovely, fat lump sum from Daddy H.

Yesterday was a low point in the never-ending Jack cycle. Onwards and upwards. She has folders of handwritten notes she can never, ever use due to ethical constraints. Whenever I feel angry, I will remember that.

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Jack will no doubt be all over the renting news 24 hours late.

Will she have anything to say over the DWP messing up? Probably not. Her pension will be in the form of a lovely, fat lump sum from Daddy H.

Yesterday was a low point in the never-ending Jack cycle. Onwards and upwards. She has folders of handwritten notes she can never, ever use due to ethical constraints. Whenever I feel angry, I will remember that.
I mean, by all means remember that if it makes you feel better dearheart, but of course, it just isn’t true.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Judging by her insta, it looks like Louisa's off to California for the summer to teach at Stanford. Which is nice 😊

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 75
Judging by her insta, it looks like Louisa's off to California for the summer to teach at Stanford. Which is nice 😊
upcoming: "More good news for little old me: I'm doing a RESIDENCY at the LOCAL PRIMARY SCHOOL toot toot"
(the residency: one hour spent teaching the kids how to rinse a tin of beans)

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Summer in Northern California or summer pretending to be adjacent to numerous cities but actually in the crappy bungalow?

Tough call. Tough call.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
broken and sweary. for a change

View attachment 1348068
I know we’ve moved on, but this is just peak Jack. Imagine going to an event attended by SO many people who are genuinely working to make a difference, I would be buzzing, and if I had a huge platform on Twitter I’d want to share info about as many of them as possible.

Then Jack basically says she’s “immensely grateful to all the volunteers, especially those who tweeted about ME!”.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 58
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.