Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's saying she's got CPTSD now, that's a new thing isn't it? She's also trying to imply that she's been brought up in poverty and therefore has the repercussions of adverse childhood experiences. She's disgusting, she makes me so angry, and the Guardian is gross for printing it. Who does she think she is?

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
She's saying she's got CPTSD now, that's a new thing isn't it? She's also trying to imply that she's been brought up in poverty and therefore has the repercussions of adverse childhood experiences. She's disgusting, she makes me so angry, and the Guardian is gross for printing it. Who does she think she is?
I can’t tell you how angry I am too (see my previous posts). I was going to write an email. Then I saw there were comments on Gordon Brown’s opinion piece in the same series but none allowed on hers and thought there wasn’t any point. They are protecting their little smol pixie.

It is one thing letting her chat tit 6 times a year but quite another standing (insert another word) all over actual scientific research that affects millions of children and adults daily.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
The Guardian never fails to disappoint.

Compare and contrast yesterday's Heat or Eat diary by an actual, current food Bank user (I wonder if they were paid for the article based on their experience?)

To today's me-railing extravaganza from the pretend pov who profits from the cost of living crisis.

I'm actually genuinely angry at the Guardian for this. JM isn't affected by the rises in the cost of living as she isn't on benefits or a fixed income like a lot of people, instead she gets patreon and paypal donations for ranting on twitter and shakes her begging bowl to cover any expenses that arise. Not to mention the appearance and speaking fees, and payment for articles like this Guardian one.

It's actually disgusting of them to platform and pay her to write about this topic when her experience of it was as a cosplay (Well-off parents round the corner and supportive co-parent and his family also willing to help), and is also just ridiculously out of date. The headline reads like a parody.

She just got back from her second European mini break in a matter of months and she's writing about poverty. It's so typically "The Guardian" it actually hurts (and I say that as a lifelong reader and an ex subscriber).

As other have said, she CHOSE to let her son experience food insecurity (if it's not all total bollocks, and I pray it is). How is that in any way similar to people who are genuinely struggling to heat or eat?

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 73
Agreed, she buys the oddest things. That crap she brought back from The Netherlands should be in landfill. All those spoons and rusty cookware, great if you're going to clean it up for a nice display or use them.
Just filling that gaping hole where her personality should be.
Clean! Clean! That word does not exist in jackiverse, you've seen her hands, kitchen etc etc 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 13
That might have came from when Lamar Odom was booted out of court for saying that Khloe Kardashian’s front foo foo smelled of earring backs, during their divorce hearing.
I know I shouldn't, but this has proper tickled me this morning 😂. I shall be laughing about it all day. Not least because Omar was found in a coma in a brothel 😬.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
As other have said, she CHOSE to let her son experience food insecurity (if it's not all total bollocks, and I pray it is). How is that in any way similar to people who are genuinely struggling to heat or eat?
And as far as I can tease from her article (but I do get lost as it is so overwrought and wordy as usual), she implies the childhood trauma applies to herself when young, not her own child. Who as you say had poverty and hunger inflicted on him through some disastrous choices his mother made. Being embarassed to ask for help from her loving family and preferring her son went without being one of them.
I suppose (if true) it is hard for her to contemplate how those choices will, according to her, definitely have long term irreversible affects on her child.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
I suppose (if true) it is hard for her to contemplate how those choices will, according to her, definitely have long term irreversible affects on her child.
It's her ongoing personality disorder and constant lying which will have long term irreversible effects on her child. SB won't be affected by poverty-induced ACEs because, like Jack, he wasn't brought up in poverty and had a supportive family surrounding him. He will, however, have certain issues because of the way in which her choices impacted him, but that's something else entirely.
ETA I know I'm just echoing what you said. I'm just mad that she tries to retcon everything into a narrative which suits her rather than being truthful. Seems like all those years in therapy which she talks about (the privilege of that in itself!) have done nothing except bolster her own self image.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 50
I don’t like saying this but if she is implying it then… and I am pissed off.
The ACEs apply from 0-17 years of age so for her to imply that her CPTSD and other mental health issues arise from these then this suggests that she is saying that the CSA she experienced was the contributing factor. The other categories simply don’t match (she may have experienced them later in life but then they cannot be classed as ACEs). She was not exposed to physical or emotional neglect, substance abuse or divorce etc as a child.
ex
As an aside, ACEs are not forgone conclusions as she is implying. If you have an ACE, you are not automatically going to become a certain type of person. There are a multitude of protective factors that mitigate against ACEs. She hasn’t even touched on this in her article so is scaremongering again. Millions of people grow up with ACEs and feel no ill effects. Millions of people grow up without any ACEs and suffer from a multitude of mental and physical conditions. It is called variation. ❤

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Good morning world! I have been thinking about the outfit choice and I have concluded that, in this instance, I don't think that she chose to dress like a 'poor person' (I cringe myself inside out when I think of her poverty cosplaying) but instead considered herself to be the main attraction. She thought she was the headline act/a major celeb and therefore could dress down simply because of who she is.

Think A list celebrities making appearances looking worse for wear or hideous Tim Martin (owner of Grubbyspoons) making visits to his pubs looking like a woman. It's actually a very rich mentality to believe that your wealth puts you above dress codes and respectable formal attire.

It's all very much "Don't you know who I am?" and terribly disrespectful to the hosts.

See also: Jess Glynne 😆

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 54
She's also saying poverty caused her addiction.
Im sorry, did you say "nice clothes?" What wardrobe you bee. Looking in, all her stuff looks like it was found in the rag bag at the clothes dump.
She's got a flowery dress that she wore last year to an online awards do. Not my style but better than those minging boots. Even that black dress would have been better than those manky boots

Reactions: 17
And as far as I can tease from her article (but I do get lost as it is so overwrought and wordy as usual), she implies the childhood trauma applies to herself when young, not her own child. Who as you say had poverty and hunger inflicted on him through some disastrous choices his mother made. Being embarassed to ask for help from her loving family and preferring her son went without being one of them.
It makes me so sad knowing that one day SB will read all these stories about his early years and realise that his mother was willing to let him suffer for the sake of her own pride. Even if she's made it all up, she's still used him as a PR tool and told the world that she didn't prioritise his needs. Imagine what that would do to a young man's self-worth 😞 I hope his extended family take good care of him the day he realises. That poor lad is an innocent party who doesn't deserve to be involved in any of this.

I've just cheered myself up by remembering the Pet Semetary backpack as I (🔺️) passed East Croydon Station 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 42
Grauniad, after 53 years together I think it may be time for us to part. It’s not me, it’s you ….

AND ANOTHER THING …. Why isn't there any facility for comments underneath ….. the Grauniad silencing the poor poors? Peeps who actually …. LIVE IN POVERTY 😱 … yeah we can read and right too …

Attachments

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
How much longer can she possibly stretch this out? It's been a decade since she was temporarily 'in poverty' because she gave up her £27k per annum job and her executive apartment and since her housing benefits were allegedly delayed? And, apart from that brief respite when she was living with a multi millionaire in West London, she hasn't stopped banging on about it since. Even as she sits in her £2k per month Thorpe Bay £2million house. It's diabolical.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 68
Karen Adam has invited Jack to the Scottish Parliament. For context I can't suffer Karen Adam. She's not had the easiest life by all accounts but she's a performative idiot. (There's a few of them like this in the SNP).

She's a complete moron on twitter. She got death threats last year after a twitter row which was terrible but the way she dealt with it on twitter was awful. Particularly afterwards. She did a huge flounce off twitter which is understandable given the circumstances but 48 hours later back she was being a twit again.

She's also a gran as she had kids young so if anyone says boo to her on twitter it's how dare anyone slag me off. I'm a mummy and a granny

She's also as thick as duck if she likes Jack

Reactions: 25
Think A list celebrities making appearances looking worse for wear
She has a lot in common with Boris Johnson.

How can she complain of his ethics when she spins unhelpful and damaging lies for attention and renumeration. 🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
She's also saying poverty caused her addiction.

She's got a flowery dress that she wore last year to an online awards do. Not my style but better than those minging boots. Even that black dress would have been better than those manky boots
Attention seeking caused her addiction

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.