Jack Monroe #323 Two mini breaks in two months, what in the Budget Jones's Diary is going on?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Usually lurk, since thread one, buffs nails!
The bloody Guardian has an article by her as part of The Heat or Eat Diaries
Usual bull about fear of brown envelopes, addiction blah blah blah
When will people wise up to this charlatan

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 67
Usually lurk, since thread one, buffs nails!
The bloody Guardian has an article by her as part of The Heat or Eat Diaries
Usual bull about fear of brown envelopes, addiction blah blah blah
When will people wise up to this charlatan
Hello 👋. Thanks for this (sort of 😖).

Eta- they are now linking to her other crappy identikit articles in this one. In the words of @jenny2603 fuckity off guardian.

EETA- if she is now their expert on ACEs, I am going to be so angry. The research on this is extensive and done by ~actual~ scientists with ~actual~ qualifications. She knows nothing about them in comparison to those working in the field. It is so complex because of the variables involved and the stats required to analyse the data is way beyond her calculating the cost of a ducking apple. Ever heard of MANCOVA Jack? Thought not.

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Hello 👋. Thanks for this (sort of 😖).

Eta- they are now linking to her other crappy identikit articles in this one. In the words of @jenny2603 fuckity off guardian.
She says childhood poverty is on a par with child s3xual abuse and yet she CHOSE to put her son in that position.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 68
I can’t express how irresponsible this article is.

There is so much research about this. She is expressing it entirely wrong. The studies that were done (in the 1950s and mainly longitudinal in nature) used to investigate various factors that influenced criminality etc and are now looking at a variety of other things. But they are so big and have so many ethical constraints that they need to be handled and discussed with care.

This idiot is going around (now she has heard the term ACE- it has been around for a while Jack) thinking she knows it all and waving one pop psychology book in the air. People think they know psychological research because they have read MH and she isn’t helping things.

I just want to get off this roundabout sometimes.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 55
in the article she says her addiction almost ‘came to a fatal head’ last year. I didn’t know that.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
She also states clearly

1. she has a hoarding problem

2.she has respiratory problems from living in damp

3.an unexpected visitor leaves her with a full-blown panic attack.

Maybe we should have this in the wiki in case she says she is fine now.

• Heart
Reactions: 38
I think she has read on here, seen all our comments about spoons/recipe books/sideboards and is trying to explain her excess spending.

There is absolutely no way she would admit to hoarding unless there was something in it for her (trying to preempt comments about how much stuff she has ahead of her downsizing).

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 36
I definitely think Jack has this theory that wearing ‘nice’ clothes is something only for non-poor people. What she wore last night would be ok if it’s was a trip to the local independent eatery Five Guys but other than that, even if it wasn’t black tie, she looks a state.

I’ve always been a High Street girl even when I had more disposable income. As you guys said last night, she could have got a nice top from Asda or Tesco (Jesus wept, I read that back and I sound like a pensioner 😩) to at least LOOK like she gives a tit. Given the amount of time that hideous grey jumper gets an airing, I’ve come to the opinion that she now thinks dressing down confirms her ridiculous poverty rhetoric.
I totally agree with this, she thinks that's how poor people dress, but she is very wrong. We're back to pulp and common people aren't we?

And she's in the bloody guardian again spouting the same old tit

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
She has a consumerism problem, not a hoarding problem. And no collecting Gu pots and ring pulls isn't a hoarding problem.

Also she complains about articles and advice on coping...isn't her next book called "thrifty kitchen"?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Morning all, Brand new herren here. I have been lurking about for a few weeks and was over the moon to find my "something a bit off" radar about Jack wasn't wrong and there were a lot of like minded people here and I wasn't just being irrational. I am fairly local to Jack but the other side of town, so have known about her since the early days especially when she started appearing in the Echo, though I have largely tried to ignore her for the best part of the past ten years ( Standing as a local MP excepted). I laughed this morning as I have just seen on a local facebook page a BBC journalist looking for a Southend street they can "adopt" and follow every few months during the cost of living crisis to see how people are coping. I so wanted to suggest to her that maybe she could do poverty Queen Jack Monroes street!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 107
And in the wonderful words of Jarvis:

You are amazed that they exist
And they burn so bright
Whilst you can only wonder why

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Obviously it has already been debunked (though she #literallycantlie), but if she dealt with 1 email per second, it would take her 21.5 hours non stop to reduce 141,746 emails to 64,260.
#jackmaffs #dunning-krugereffect 👌🏻

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
She has a consumerism problem, not a hoarding problem. And no collecting Gu pots and ring pulls isn't a hoarding problem.

Also she complains about articles and advice on coping...isn't her next book called "thrifty kitchen"?
Agreed, she buys the oddest things. That crap she brought back from The Netherlands should be in landfill. All those spoons and rusty cookware, great if you're going to clean it up for a nice display or use them.
Just filling that gaping hole where her personality should be.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 47
Morning all, Brand new herren here. I have been lurking about for a few weeks and was over the moon to find my "something a bit off" radar about Jack wasn't wrong and there were a lot of like minded people here and I wasn't just being irrational. I am fairly local to Jack but the other side of town, so have known about her since the early days especially when she started appearing in the Echo, though I have largely tried to ignore her for the best part of the past ten years ( Standing as a local MP excepted). I laughed this morning as I have just seen on a local facebook page a BBC journalist looking for a Southend street they can "adopt" and follow every few months during the cost of living crisis to see how people are coping. I so wanted to suggest to her that maybe she could do poverty Queen Jack Monroes street!
Yessss! That would be hilarious. "Only 3/4 of the houses have swimming pools and one resident told us how they are putting their orangery plans on hold until they've confirmed their 3rd European break of the year"

• Haha
Reactions: 69
Jack obviously didn't want her outfit to distract from her Tiffany dupe earrings. It clearly meant 'dress to impress' with your clothing, NOT the price of your fugly jewellery, you great bragging wallop.
Her style is pure dress to depress

• Haha
Reactions: 43
I am terrible I have fresh clothes every day. I literally cannot wear dirty clothes. When the cost of living thing came up, I said to my husband well I can manage without most things but the washing machine and kettle. 😂
Anna "a rising tide lifts all ships' or it might have been boats. I read that on the internet. Attributed to John Kennedy I think"

Jack "thank you for your words of traditional Maasai wisdom"

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.