Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I mean they could, but do they really have the time to be re-enacting the da Vinci code around the streets of Southend? 😂
(Oh, now my maverick little mind has scampered off in the direction of the clues they may find to lead them to the mysterious house of Monroe...)
Follow your nose 🤢

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 17
The thought of the guys waiting for their interviews shouting at the cleaners, "Oi Rosie, when's your son's birthday? Got any allergies? Oasis or Blur?"

Between that and the Marxist-Leninist club meetings about why the communist revolution should be led by the queen, Big Dave is rapidly becoming my favourite comedy character.
Frankly I'm glad I don't live in that neck of the woods. The firemen from bleeping Trumpton sound more trustworthy.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
Ah she's not up yet. I imagine she took the Police advice on safety and spent the night patrolling the perimeter of the bungalow with a head torch, swearing at voles and laying down sandbags... that or doing something recreational
I am still hooting and fizzing about yesterday's chaos. I demand the police release bodycam footage which shows the look on Jack's face when she's asked for evidence of the violent and disturbing threats she invented for online clout.

I have given the whole situation some thought and I am a concerned squig somehow gets the police out truther.

You can tell by the way she did a "needless to say, I had the last laugh" rage tweet, then immediately tried to bury it under saviour complex gibberish that she's utterly mortified at being exposed as an attention seeking liar to the police. I wonder if the penny will drop with concerned squig too.

Normally Jack absolutely revels in people showing concern about her, getting the police out looking to go after one of her online tormentors would be like a jackpot if there was any truth at all in her claims.

Jack old bean, try to see yesterday's total humiliation as the universe (and the police!) softly, gently, gingerly telling you to stop lying before you get yourself in real bother.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
This can’t be true… why has no one questioned the validity of this?
Jack gets away with all her lies somehow.

Why you lie?

Not a poem. Just a straightforward question.

Oasis or Blur?"
Radiohead is always the answer to this question. :p

Between that and the Marxist-Leninist club meetings about why the communist revolution should be led by the queen, Big Dave is rapidly becoming my favourite comedy character.
The gift that keeps giving 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Why would you tweet your child and not message them? Wouldn't you think the worst if your child was visited by police and go round to check on them? Her family dynamic is just so weird.
My mum would be asking me "what did I do?" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 26
"The cleaner's name is Angie and one fact about her is that she loves wearing trousers."

"Congratulations Matt, you've got the job. Sadly we'll have to let Angie go. We can't have those sorts of radical views in the fire service."

• Haha
Reactions: 97
Considering what she posts every day how is it a surprise that somone called the police out of concern for her safety or MH or that of her child?
She could easily be more circumspect about what she reveals but I guess that yields less lovely lovely attention...and money.
Ballbag.

Reactions: 34
I'm about 10 pages behind cos I've been BUSY but it never fails to amaze me how when you're reading here its like Jack is the leader of the world and nothing happens without her and she knows everything and everyone from her tweets. But if you are BUSY and have some time away from the thread you realise life is going on with no input from her at all, she is rarely mentioned in any of the big debates and things that matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
If you work shifts you might not even see the cleaners.
Now I did run some interviews for a senior post and one of the young men who came was so polite and lovely to everyone we came across. Including a cleaner. So I did report to the bosses, he didn’t get that job but was asked to come for another interview and got that.
I also got someone discounted for a very senior post because she pushed me out of the way and I told the director I thought she was a twit.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
“Well there’s John, in his spare time he likes to visit a local dominatrix and get whipped with a variety of kitchen implements, then Mary has recently had an operation to get rid of her piles, apparently they were the worst case the surgeon had even seen, then there’s Sue, she’s having a secret affair with her best friend’s twenty year old son…are those the sort of facts you wanted?”

Joking aside I reckon if you felt you were passed over for promotion because you couldn’t name three cleaners and a fact about them you could probably make a serious complaint. I can’t imagine that would stand up in a tribunal as a good reason not to promote an otherwise perfect candidate. So just like most of Jack’s claims it’s bollocks.

• Haha
Reactions: 58
“Well there’s John, in his spare time he likes to visit a local dominatrix and get whipped with a variety of kitchen implements, then Mary has recently had an operation to get rid of her piles, apparently they were the worst case the surgeon had even seen, then there’s Sue, she’s having a secret affair with her best friend’s twenty year old son…are those the sort of facts you wanted?”

Joking aside I reckon if you felt you were passed over for promotion because you couldn’t name three cleaners and a fact about them you could probably make a serious complaint. I can’t imagine that would stand up in a tribunal as a good reason not to promote an otherwise perfect candidate. So just like most of Jack’s claims it’s bollocks.
It just sounds like one of those stupid LinkedIn myths or something from the "firm handshake and take your CV in in person" school of thought.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I'm rather surprised in the telling of this tale the police weren't starstruck when they met Jack and told her 'off the record' how much they admire what she is doing, and that Mrs Policeman is a big fan and uses her cookbooks all the time.
Rather like Mrs Columbo.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Ugh she's going to be swanning around all the busy places at the Fringe with a look on her smug chops that's like "That's right, it IS me!"

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
It just sounds like one of those stupid LinkedIn myths or something from the "firm handshake and take your CV in in person" school of thought.
Jack in her interview no doubt did the old ‘I see myself in your job’ when asked where she sees her career in ten years. Also, imagine the size of her CV. 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Ugh she's going to be swanning around all the busy places at the Fringe with a look on her smug chops that's like "That's right, it IS me!"
And the new book festival venue is on the other side of town from those delightful little independent bistros Dishoom and Five Guys. She might starve.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
And the new book festival venue is on the other side of town from those delightful little independent bistros Dishoom and Five Guys. She might starve.
Facking Hell, Flowery E!!! Just Googled the new venue. 🔺 🔺 🔺 It's perilously close to my office!! It's also right opposite Ian "mate" Rankin's flat (he's very open about his location). I wonder if he'll have her up for tea?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Had a brief nose at some older stuff, she's had more pets than I realised. Did we know she once used to 'rescue' guinea pigs? There's been other bunnies and cats too it seems.
What in the...?

I get that Jack probably thinks she's the most animal caringest person ever, but even she has to at some point realise that... maybe she isn't suited to pets. (Being polite as possible and trying to assume more pets ended up rehomed than may be the case)

• Sad
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.