Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Timeline Fraus, how long did she work at the fire service for? I think it was up to 3 years, but apparently she had 18 months off for having SB (might have taken unpaid leave?) so right away that reduces actual work by 50.344% so did she just do a year, got preggers went off then came back for a few months? I have a hunch she did very few full months of work.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
She's bleeping gross with how she talks about MH. You don't just turn around from a crisp sandwich.

Also coffee? What happened to all the tea?!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 66
Being happy to pay more for a pint of milk for the benefit of welfare and farmers is the absolute opposite of being happy to consume bollock sausages and
cheap wet ham

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
The shitting dog routine is relatively new. She's a lot calmer in her old Guardian videos etc. She seems to have got more nervous as her grift has progressed.
I genuinely think at this point it must be very stressful being her. She's almost entirely reliant on other people's charity and the odd media appearance for her income, which could dry up at any time, especially with slowly increasing public scepticism and the cost of living crisis meaning people are cutting back on non-essential spending. And if she loses that, what else is she going to do? She hasn't had a job in ten years, doesn't have much if anything to show for what she's supposedly been doing during that time, and even if she did get hired somewhere she hasn't shown much evidence that she'd be reliable enough to keep the job. I find it hard to believe she's got huge piles of cash saved up either when she seems to spend money like water (and that's just on the stuff she lets us see), and I think it's likely that this behaviour would only increase when she's stressed. Who knows if her parents are even willing to help at this point, after she's basically built her career on accusing them of neglect?

At first all the minor fame was probably very exciting and I wouldn't be surprised if she really did think at one point that she was going to be massively influential in helping solve all these societal problems, but the longer it's gone on without her actually achieving anything the more she's boxed herself into this grift. On some level she must be aware that to keep herself afloat she'd have to spin out this misty-eyed poverty LARP for the next 35+ years when she already ran out of good material a long time ago, and at some point she's going to run out of road. Honestly just thinking about it gives me anxiety on her behalf.
I think it might be big guns jack too. There are lots of issues regarding forearms and from that pic none of them looked like they were being observed, obviously you cannot see behind a pic but perhaps that what was concerning. A life gun and ammunition were left sitting near a ln unqualified person. That's not really safe to say the least, but a am mithering as a trained personnel could have literally be standing right next to hero out of shot
Ahem, leave Sir Matt out of this please.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
Re the last tweet on being okay with a higher price of milk - as an alleged single mum milk should be of particular significance to her, cos toddler parents buy enough to fill a swimming pool every week. We buy 16 pints a week (a fair amount gets wasted, too) - even +10p a pint adds £1.60 onto a mum’s food bill. In Jack land that’s the working week’s dinners @ 30p a pop??

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Why does she think she's qualified to speak for the Sainsbury's cleaning and security teams? Like, what on earth does it have to do with her?
Our security here is run by private companies, seperate from the actual 'big' shop. They'll be paid according to their contract with the security company they are with. Stupidly high crime rate mean a lot of stores have taken on their own guards in addition to the shopping centre guards. If they're not being paid properly, it's not entirely a Sainsbury's issue, it's with their employer who put the bid in for the contract.

Reactions: 36
Once a company has entered into a contract for the provision of security or cleaning services, they're not in any position to put pressure on for anything. Because they're locked into a contract for however many years (rarely as short as an iPhone contract).

The supermarkets have zero clout unless the contract is actually up for renewal - and there are financial rules that determine who is more likely to gain the tender - so they might not be able to apply leverage even then. Otherwise, they could be paying over the odds for a mate's company and doing the company and shareholders out of income. As well as potentially falling foul of money laundering regs.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.