Jack Monroe #321 It's just that Jack wasn't especially cool or well liked

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Oh Hashy, I always pretend I just.... might....make it to the show..

I actually think people will indeed turn up to her show... she's a "name".

The venue is very very close to my office....but ...quite far from the aparthotel.

23 or 27 bus, pet (©Laney)
[/QUOTE]
EEwjf0_XoAI4mz5.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
So Jack hasn’t tweeted for 18 hours. I reckon the fuzz rocking up has given her ‘the feart’ (bingo). She has obviously been unable to leave Twitter alone though & her likes show she’s been searching the Vivid Bombast index hashtag & liking tweets that suggest it actually exists.
Odds on a bet on Nessie’s (bingo) existence being confirmed before the Vaping Bullshit index? I reckon it’s 344% a winner.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I'm glad the thread is slow, the title makes me laugh every time I read it
I've been working on my thesis, coding multilevel models and having a hard time as I failed the relevant class. But every so often I remember Jack said in another life she'd be a data analyst and I have a little laugh and it gives me the strength to keep going

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
Is Jack in clink? 😬
PC Plod marched her off to Sarfend nick?
#freetheshoeburyone #actuallydontbother

• Haha
Reactions: 45
So Jack hasn’t tweeted for 18 hours. I reckon the fuzz rocking up has given her ‘the feart’ (bingo). She has obviously been unable to leave Twitter alone though & her likes show she’s been searching the Vivid Bombast index hashtag & liking tweets that suggest it actually exists.
Odds on a bet on Nessie’s (bingo) existence being confirmed before the Vaping Bullshit index? I reckon it’s 344% a winner.
Jack tweeted just before 4pm but she deleted it immediately:

Screenshot_20220609-155537_Fenix.jpg

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 40
Had a long walk to do in 30 degree heat earlier - I wondered what on earth could make this walk more exhausting still, so I stuck a Jack podcast on. Unfiltered with J O'B, a pretty old one but a retelling of the life story as per. My goodness, I know we all know this but the story is just so ridiculous. Trying to feed SB with "just enough nutritional value and calories per day to keep social services from the door", and later waxing lyrical about her wonderful parents and SB's wonderful dad and how she simply "didn't tell them". J O'B seemed to just be sitting there like a nodding dog instead of asking her does she not think that was selfish and borderline neglect?

The triggery bath/attempt tale was also just her 'plan' in this retelling, but didn't come to fruition because people started taking notice of her blog. The blog which she was told to start by some media people which I think confirms what we've always suspected - 'a girl called Jack' was a brand-building exercise from the very beginning.

The voice was unbearable from the beginning but my god, throughout it and towards the end she seemed to be so full of snot she could barely get the words out.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 54
I need to stop reading this thread before I go to bed, I had a dream that I was JM and worked in the back office of a phone shop with Simon Pegg and we fell in love 🥴 what a bizarre dream!
Oh no you don't! I will kick shins! I call bagsy on Simon Pegg.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
Is Jack in clink? 😬
PC Plod marched her off to Sarfend nick?
#freetheshoeburyone #actuallydontbother
I do hope Jack's wild fibs don't totally derail the landmark libel trial. I was rather looking forward to that.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
View attachment 1331789

Send your suggestions, frauen, I'll make more cards.
I'd go for get off your knees Scotland and surely we need a nod to Nicola S

With a reference to salt and vinegar or salt and sauce?

That would really sent Jack into a tailspin

Surely she has to sample a roll and fritter as well.... and a pickle

Or a pizza crunch. Or a munchie box

Then she can go back to Essex and claim she invented them

I really hope Sean Clerkin gets wind of that.
He used to be a member of the Scottish resistance with a guy called James Scott then I believe they fell out

(I can't emphasise enough how wacky some of the fringe elements of Scottish indy folks are, there are several folk on indy Scots twitter who make Clerkin look sane).

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
Had a long walk to do in 30 degree heat earlier - I wondered what on earth could make this walk more exhausting still, so I stuck a Jack podcast on. Unfiltered with J O'B, a pretty old one but a retelling of the life story as per. My goodness, I know we all know this but the story is just so ridiculous. Trying to feed SB with "just enough nutritional value and calories per day to keep social services from the door", and later waxing lyrical about her wonderful parents and SB's wonderful dad and how she simply "didn't tell them". J O'B seemed to just be sitting there like a nodding dog instead of asking her does she not think that was selfish and borderline neglect?

The triggery bath/attempt tale was also just her 'plan' in this retelling, but didn't come to fruition because people started taking notice of her blog. The blog which she was told to start by some media people which I think confirms what we've always suspected - 'a girl called Jack' was a brand-building exercise from the very beginning.

The voice was unbearable from the beginning but my god, throughout it and towards the end she seemed to be so full of snot she could barely get the words out.
Her not telling her marvellous parents and SB's amazing dad might be true 🙄. What I will never understand ever is her proudly making a career off the back of appallingly selfish choices that made life miserable for a small child. I would cringe with shame and sadness at the memory of dragging a toddler round in the rain when he could've been at his dad's or grandparents. Not recount it for a career move. Or use it an an example of grinding poverty when I had options I chose to ignore.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
They fell out over lemon juice during DKL. (I know you know this but it's always fun to revisit!)
On the first episode of DKL Matt was dismissive but not rude about bottled lemon juice. Ruby slagged him off on Twitter and Matt replied. This put Jack in a predicament as Ruby is a blue tick and the type of person Jack wishes she was, however Matt is far more famous. Obviously she sided with Matt because she is that shallow and sent a snippy tweet to Ruby. Ruby basically said 'up yours' to Jack and unfollowed her. Not sure if they made up but it was quite the snub and absolutely hilarious.
Sir Matt of the forearms, is currently on, looking at why risotto nice (carnaroli and arborio) is different and more expensive than long grain.

Ah she's not up yet. I imagine she took the Police advice on safety and spent the night patrolling the perimeter of the bungalow with a head torch, swearing at voles and laying down sandbags... that or doing something recreational
Maybe smol pixies operate on medieval timescales, where-noon meant 3 o'clock. Thus she thinks she gets up 3 hours before noon.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.