Jack Monroe #320 Guns N' Roses

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her dad was still in full time employment when Jack claims to have been in poverty. There are interviews where he talks about his job after Jack became well known for being poor

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'd like to go through those archived blogs again, because I'd love to see where the city boy boyfriend who hosted fancy dinners in which Jack was sneered at (allegedly) fits in with the wider poverty.

(Sure) Jan 13

I thought she was talking about SB here - this is about her CAT?!
I thought they were talking about Marcus Rashford

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
For several reasons, this post always makes me laugh. I rediscovered it earlier today so I'm sharing it again.

Screenshot_20220608-144351_Opera.jpg

Pull all the different members of our family together 😄

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 73
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 33
The fact she called herself a 'Scummy Mummy' wasn't cute or ironic, it just proves to me that Jack Monroe is nothing but a made up character she invented. She is so desperate to be oppressed so she can whine about it.

• Heart
  • Sick
Reactions: 57
Too embarrased to ask parents for help, but not embarrased about *gesturing at basically all her online nonsense*

This is the women who suggests using dryer lint as fire starters and wants applause for it, after all.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
IIRC she also says in the SEB podcast that the actual time she was struggling and had no food was about 18 months.(Or she might say it on James OBrien - I cannot keep up with what she says where). The amount of time she hid the fact that she was struggling from her parents. During this time I am sure it's been noted that SB was spending several nights a week at his dads and hopefully also visiting his grandparents and being fed. It is not that long ago that Jack got into a twitter spat with someone who questioned whether she was (literally, as she likes to put it) starving during this time.
Another thing that's always bothered me is about her selling SB's shoes and toys. I think SB might be Big Dave's and Momma Jack's first grandchild. There are also grandparents on the father's side and other relatives (aunt, uncle). When my kids were little I was regularly gifted clothes, shoes, toys etc - new and used, depending on the giver and the circumstances. I cannot believe that a seemingly caring family wouldn't make sure her son had appropriate clothing and toys.

When I first read her articles many years ago I was certain that she had no family whatsoever, because otherwise her story simply made no sense.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Too embarrased to ask parents for help, but not embarrased about *gesturing at basically all her online nonsense*

This is the women who suggests using dryer lint as fire starters and wants applause for it, after all.

Who can forget the Tin Can Tealights?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Every time someone says landmark trial, I just imagine this whole thing is about the Eiffel Tower calling her a twit. There are kangaroos because it's also a kangaroo court. Did you know the Eiffel Tower is only two kangaroos tall? I love facts.

landmark trial.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Another thing that's always bothered me is about her selling SB's shoes and toys. I think SB might be Big Dave's and Momma Jack's first grandchild. There are also grandparents on the father's side and other relatives (aunt, uncle). When my kids were little I was regularly gifted clothes, shoes, toys etc - new and used, depending on the giver and the circumstances. I cannot believe that a seemingly caring family wouldn't make sure her son had appropriate clothing and toys.

When I first read her articles many years ago I was certain that she had no family whatsoever, because otherwise her story simply made no sense.
Her mum comments on the early days of the blog. They must have gone along with it as it was just a persona their daughter was playing. Now it's too far down the rabbit hole and they've all got to play along with lie, else Jack's house of cards comes a-tumbling down. (She had the other fake personality blog, Sarah from the high rise.)

Jack is definitely getting more tumultuous and desperate, you can tell by her rantings and attention seeking. The jig is up, pal. Time to get a proper job and join the real world.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
The fact she called herself a 'Scummy Mummy' wasn't cute or ironic, it just proves to me that Jack Monroe is nothing but a made up character she invented. She is so desperate to be oppressed so she can whine about it.
I think she had a brief time where she struggled a bit financially because of making poor choices. She ended up at a foodbank and realised that being ‘poor and oppressed’ gave her some of that delicious attention that she’d been craving for a long time and a monster was born. I think her ‘origin story’ has a tiny bit of truth that she has embellished more and more in order to get that sweet narc supply. No matter how much attention or supply she gets it will never be enough to fill that hole inside.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I think she had a brief time where she struggled a bit financially because of making poor choices. She ended up at a foodbank and realised that being ‘poor and oppressed’ gave her some of that delicious attention that she’d been craving for a long time and a monster was born. I think her ‘origin story’ has a tiny bit of truth that she has embellished more and more in order to get that sweet narc supply. No matter how much attention or supply she gets it will never be enough to fill that hole inside.
I don't think there's any truth to it at all. Really don't. I use to, but too many deep dives has proven she's a lying toad.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Had a little image search for a new JM profile picture. I particularly like this one. From Style magazine back 2021. JM looking totes stylish I think you'll agree 👍 I didn't actually read the article but I think the answer was - set up Patreon and rattle your tip jar regularly. View attachment 1328046
Casual double Del Monte in the background there 🍍 #spon

• Haha
Reactions: 27
My working theory is that she gave up a good job because she couldn't get her own way re: childcare and hours. Parents were angry because they got her the job and were also unhappy she was pregnant and chose to become a single mother, so she wanted to prove herself hence hiding poverty, or alternatively, much darker but at this point I think some people will do anything, she wanted to punish parents for not providing exactly what she wanted and needed at exactly the time she wanted. Money, childcare, unwavering support over her decisions etc. So she wanted to punish them.
My theory is that she was about to be sacked for being completely useless (couldn’t finish work tasks and constantly made up weird stuff), big Daddy/ Old chief mentioned to her she should quit so that it wouldn’t be a “stain on her employment record “

Then the sulking and performative drama began.

I also suspect the flat sale was stuff her OH (original Harold?) left behind when they swiftly moved to get away from her & the sale was more drama.

I recognise the tone of her mum’s “don’t sell your camera you need that” from when my children were young and parenting various tantrums. Like a kindly snark that mums have mastered.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.